DIY Weekend Racer

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
that's why we need to meet up, sit over coffee or beer to marinate over this.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
hahaha

me not beer nor coffee kaki.

i'd love to build a (currently) Autocross/Solo-X special.

aerodynamics aint too important, 1st-2nd-3rd (at most) action mostly.

must be able to turn on a dime and squirt outta corners like it was on fire!
that's what i'd love to compete in :P

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
actually old times car maker are just likeus..trying to do everything impossible..that's y now we have comfortable car to ride...i support u...if need help in customizing things, i can help, but depend on my time la...i like to DIY...almost all accessories in my car are DIY..and i used to diy some motor bike engine tuning...hehe

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
ninja_iga said:
i've got the manual on how to build a "Seven"

it's FR, can use a few variants of engines (currently 4AGE or 7AFE) with a AE86 g/box.
anybody?
hey can pm me with the details? I'm interested to see the plans. But right now, I think I'll focus on RR. It's mechanically simpler

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
you have to have good engineerng skill to play safe with the car .
durng cornering , the force doesn't flex the chassis or even crack the welding which mihgt cause danger to the driver .

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
bridgestoneRE711 said:
you have to have good engineerng skill to play safe with the car .
durng cornering , the force doesn't flex the chassis or even crack the welding which mihgt cause danger to the driver .
yes, the welds must be welded correctly for maximum strength. Chassis might flex a little so the correct material must be chosen.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
soat happen to this plan? called off?? i do have this plan too but running low on cash..

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
soat happen to this plan? called off?? i do have this plan too but running low on cash..
Im maybe 20% done on my ariel atom...if you are interested to join forces, pm me. ive got welding machine and plasma cutter and all other tools and materials bought minus the engine.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
hehe.. im just a supporter for now just wanna get some ideas thats all... I might do this too 1 day.. XD any pic of the current process??

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
guys..good news for 2012...

WHEELSPIN Malaysian Motorsports will do a lot of grassroot weekend racer friendly type autocross/time attack/carpark rally etc etc that suits for BIY buggy/karts or even road cars.... :adore:

do check out their FB page here: WHEELSPIN Malaysian Motorsports Group | Facebook

I am happy to announce that from 2012 all our events will have a 'green' category (bio-fuel/Natural Gas/Electric). For car events, a 'super retro car' category (manufactured till 1980 + unlimited engine mods) & a 'Formula 1Malaysia' category.

and not to mention "green" category..which means bio-diesel,bio-ethanol,NGV or anything eco-friendly setup car..... hope to see u guys soon in those event :adore:

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Some pics of my current progress. Much time was spent on the cad drawing for strength calculations, choosing the right springs and damper (R1 motorbike shocks) and selection of materials for the car. Having the car come apart at 180kph is not something I wish for.

Some tubes ive cut

Four main tubes that have been bent

My workarea. Soon the chassis will be moved to my car porch to be assembled

Next will be the welding of the chassis and installation of engine and misc components as well as fabrication of suspension setup. Still a long way to go.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
nice work... im looking forward 4 your progress...

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Wow great project. Doing by urself or with buddies?
would be great to learn especially on the chassis welding & setup
let me know if need extra hands.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A rather dismal images of what seems to be the shop floor of a spark plug manufacturing operation in China.

To be clear, there is very little in the way of information to color what we’re seeing in these images, but the overall picture is one of rather scary working conditions. Cramped workbenches, metal shavings in every corner of the room, as well as what looks like up close and personal handling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience