DIY Water Injected

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i think if not mistaken windz did this before and also escaflowne...

they inject water from the rear wiper pump and spray onto radiator, not the engine.

but wiring thingy's i really dunno how to do lar :(

kabu

Nov 25, 2004
Visit site
D.I.Y WATER INJECTED........to the intake manifold..........
the theory is we just apply the mist of water only........not 100% water but just a mist.......the purpose is to give extra OXIGEN to the combustion chamber for good burning......good burning need Oxigen...but y water??.....water is H2O.....so we extract that OXIGEN by applying a mist to the intake manifold through the vacum line......must use mineral water or filtered water to avoid the vacum line clogged......that is only a short xplaination.......

simple component for TESTING.......use mineral water n its bottle....
...... aquarium hose
...... aquarium air control valve 2 way

OK until now.....will continue later..if any body interested

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Originally posted by kabu@Nov 25 2004, 07:46
the theory is we just apply the mist of water only........not 100% water but just a mist.......the purpose is to give extra OXIGEN to the combustion chamber for good burning......good burning need Oxigen...but y water??.....water is H2O.....so we extract that OXIGEN by applying a mist to the intake manifold through the vacum line......must use mineral water or filtered water to avoid the vacum line clogged......that is only a short xplaination.......

...... aquarium hose

gooood......... :lol:

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
"water is H2O.....so we extract that OXIGEN by applying a mist to the intake manifold through the vacum line" -kabu-

tell me, in a scientific way, how the oxygen atom in each water molucule can be 'extracted' by water vapour injection as you describe? <_<

(guys, dun get confused with water injection and water vapour injection, they are different, our kawan kabu here is talking about water vapour injection)

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
Yeah, the proper system should spray out water mist to the intake, not water jet. Like I said, improper setup will choke your engine like kena tibi. :lol: So you will need a high pressure water pump and a very fine nozzle. :)

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
QUOTE (kabu @ Nov 25 2004, 07:46 )

...... aquarium hose

wei continue la... i am interested la .. wei how about inject these instate of water....

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by drexchan+Nov 25 2004, 01:44 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drexchan @ Nov 25 2004, 01:44 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-12oY@Nov 25 2004, 00:11
y huh?? mind to explain??? :o
12oY,

1298 has mentioned it. Improper spraying of water on the radiator will result in "choking" at the particular area. [/b][/quote]
dude, not spraying onto radiator, engine will choke la. what mr.1298 trying to say is "if spraying into the manifold/engine directly but with poor spraying, engine will choke cos too much water..only mist"

but spraying onto hot radiator i think dun make the radiator crack la...who says that ?? how about after a hot run then suddenly raining ? our radiator is design to take sudden hot and cold la..no need to worry. water spray onto radiator will prevent from overheating and water spray onto intercooler ensure power increase

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by kabu@Nov 25 2004, 07:46

...... aquarium hose

dude, dun think water would involve in burning process in our combustion chamber la.

the reason of using H2O is not the O inside it...instead of H2O has a higher what they call "muatan haba tentu" (dunno what to call in english la hehe). higher muatan haba tentu means H2O absorb a lot of heat energy to make it higher in temperature or to heat it up

experiment : try boiling the water...see how many minutes to make it boil or to make it really hot

so, in this case, water is use to absorb heat in the intake manifold and cool it down a bit. low temperature will make the air more dense..more dense with O2 molecules. more oxygen means more power.
but most important thing is, water injection will prevent knock, so u can fully advance ur ignition or getting more higher compression piston or higher boost (for turbo cars)

kabu

Nov 25, 2004
Visit site
mmmm at least dah ade geng yg faham.........good...........itu pasal la nak kene gune air flow control frm aquarium tu...........tujuannye utk kawal kemasukan air kat dlm combustion chamber.......yg diperlukan hanye titisan air saje,,,,,,bile dah campur dgn heat......titisan air tadi jadi ape ek??? sape yg scientific sgt tadi please jawap.........haa hasil itu la yg kite hendak frm titisan air tadi..........
aku ni tak pandai dlm sains itula pasal science fizik n chemistry aku dulu dpt C3 saje TAHUN 85..
cara ini dah digunekan oleh ramai gak lah kete yg dah gune this type of method.......n hasilnye........tak yah citer la ek.......

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
ohh... hahaha.. sorry... emmm how if spray this into manifold huh????

kabu

Nov 25, 2004
Visit site
b4 reaching the combustion chamber it needs to pass through the intake manifold first......

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by 12oY@Nov 25 2004, 23:00
ohh i thought spray in to manifold... hahaha.. sorry... but i do read article spray water in to manifold any ideal??
yerp..we r talking spraying into manifold..straight to engine la.

that intercooler and radiator spray is just commercial break only kekekekkee

ok, for water spray into manifold...try here.. AQUAMIST

and try this too :
DIY water injection

they use very very fine nozzle la dude...no titisan air but mist or semburan air and water did not involve in combustion chamber..only use to cool down the intake temperature

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First launched in 1994 and 18 years later, the Toyota Camry has been well renowned for its quality, durability, reliability and quite arguably – style. And after having sold over 96,000 units within Malaysia alone, it does little to surprise when it already possesses 47% market share for its own segment since 2006.

<!--more-->The new Camry is now being locally assembled at UMW Toyota Motor’s...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience