DIY the "probably the only real FUEL SAVER"

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
wah been 10 months i have not check up on this topic, anyway, to update you all, i have NOT quit on this yet even with the first try failure. We learn from mistake.

What doncityz mention is true, my previous (1st model) was drawing too much power from the alternator thus engine lack in power. I think i am drawing near to 20A. Which is so wrong.

Anyway, I found a friend who made few sample for me to test and its drawing around 5 to 8amp and so far, power and fuel saving is noticeable!
I am planning to fit a PWM (i have this for sale too) to boost up the performance from 5A to maybe 10A or 15A max since i drive short distance and it takes time to warm the HHO unit to achieve enough gas.
Once its up and running, can lower down the current and cruise nicely.

Will post more details when i am back from outstation.... I am sure some bro have this project still going on... please post up and lets share the knowledge... cheers~!!

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
wah still continue aa this project icecube? good.. as for me, i totally abandoned it. becoz i just have tonnes of ideas, but no facility/tools/materials/time. so now, im back to the old method of fuel saving = lighter foot hahaha

jtys

Known Member
May 27, 2005
PJ
wah been 10 months i have not check up on this topic, anyway, to update you all, i have NOT quit on this yet even with the first try failure. We learn from mistake.

What doncityz mention is true, my previous (1st model) was drawing too much power from the alternator thus engine lack in power. I think i am drawing near to 20A. Which is so wrong.

Anyway, I found a friend who made few sample for me to test and its drawing around 5 to 8amp and so far, power and fuel saving is noticeable!
I am planning to fit a PWM (i have this for sale too) to boost up the performance from 5A to maybe 10A or 15A max since i drive short distance and it takes time to warm the HHO unit to achieve enough gas.
Once its up and running, can lower down the current and cruise nicely.

Will post more details when i am back from outstation.... I am sure some bro have this project still going on... please post up and lets share the knowledge... cheers~!!
Hi bro. I'm interested in the PWM u mentioned. Can I have a look at it soon? Can I have ur contact? Thanks

Apr 12, 2009
Well, guys, its not that easy, with the hydrogen story.
1. It will not have the impact in a injection engine, you are thinking, because you get the O2 from the hydrogen generator true the engine into the exhaust, O2 sensor; That means he will measure too much O2 and will richen the fuel. I know, instead save gasoline, the consumption will go up.
2. Better is to use it on a carburettor engine, although the measurement was never stable, (up and down)
3. I made with my friends a couple of thousand kilometers tests with my hydrogen generator and the results always changed. It depends much on the heat of the fluid.
4. I started with 5 Amp. the longer you use it, the hotter get the fluid, the higher get the Amps. After about 1 hour, sometimes less then that, it will cook, the plastic connections will melt.
5. My Amp. meter showed me 20 Amps after about 40 minutes. Now count: 20 A + Aircon Compressor, + Aircon Fan in and outside, + cooling fan, + Stereo and amplifier, (+ Light + Wiper + brakelight)+++
6. We started to use stainless steel tank, useing the car cooling system to cool the generator and keep the temperature stable and now they start to use a Amp. stabiliser, to keep the Amps low.
7. The tests now are concentrated to diesel engines, because for gasoline injection engines is the trouble to big. ( I have found in Internet some aftermarket devices to regulate the lambda sensor and the MAP and MAF aswell.) But I dont trust them.
8. My generator produced HO and O2 1 liter per minute.
9.I have frozzen the project for now.

One thing: Hydrogen is the lightest gas and it is highly explosiv. It is the same gas we produce, when we charge a battery. So, be very careful with!!! Good luck.

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
wolf64,

1. What you mention is true. But once you fitted the cell, you will feels the car are lighter to acccelerate and your right foot will not keep pressing to get the car to move,thus saving you fuel. The offset from the O2 sensor is minor and is controllable if you have a EFIE or other device like you mentioned.

2. Yes better on a carburetor engine.

3. & 4. & 5. It really depend on the design and the effectiveness of the cell to generate HHO gas from pure water when electricity is applied. Your cell produce 1Liters per min, how many Amps is it drawing by then? Is it after 40mins (when u run at 20A) ? Or at start-up you drawing 5A = 1Liters per min ?

Apr 12, 2009
Icecube
The 1 liter HHO I 've got was at about 10 amps. Its quite a while since but I will get a update from my friends, as soon I get back home.(I am working outside country.)
Then I also want to get my water/Alcohol injection project started. I am looking forward to that.

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Icecube
The 1 liter HHO I 've got was at about 10 amps. Its quite a while since but I will get a update from my friends, as soon I get back home.(I am working outside country.)
Then I also want to get my water/Alcohol injection project started. I am looking forward to that.
Okie, thanks for the reply. I'll check on my unit as i am running approx 5amps .... have to measure the output in liters. :D looking forward on your water alcohol injection project bro.

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009
anyone KOH? selling cheap2 laa....... 1 bottle RM10...... :biggrin:
btw, anyone watch zero fossil fuel in youtube?

Last edited:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Bump this topic up as i have the following to update...

1. Well, due to the increase price in petrol RON97, I think we should get back to this project as I think its still worth considering that the price and performance that we get after installing these HHO generator.

2. I have few units made which is quite easy to install and maintain (durable material and spare parts are available for purchase seperately if any problem or wear and tear). Anyone who intrested to get them installed (DIY style since this is DIY section), you can gimme a pm. I'll have the pictures sorted out soon and give you guys the details on DIY.

3. I have my own unit running at 6amps which is a 8 cell setup. The generator and reservoir are located at the back trunk (i drive an old Toyota Corlla KE70 [second project car] with stock 4k (a 1.3liters engine) ). Wiring straight from battery and into a controlable PWM module which also house an Amp meter. I have to measure the output liter per min as i think thru this method we can only tell if the generator is generating enough output to sustain the engine/fuel.

Overall after been running for few days, i feels the respond, acceleration, pick up have tremendously increased. I am sure the decrease in fuel consumption will be noticeable. Will report back here if any more new discovery .

So, who still running their cell in their car?
Any reports on your guinea pig car, icecube? Pls share. Can save fuel?

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Any reports on your guinea pig car, icecube? Pls share. Can save fuel?

Guess what? I had a new design running for few months now. I ran it at only 4A and i dont know the actual output per liter per min, but what i can feel is.... the car is lighter ,easier to start, lower rpm and easier to rev ..

here is the best part, to answer your question, YES it SAVES fuel!!!
How can i know?

I usually fill up to the top of my tank, so usually i ran 250km for RM50 (RM1.8/L) [sometimes even RM60 if jams] , after alot of tanks, it went accurately at 250KM for RM43 (RM1.80/L). Almost every tank it gives the same reading. A few tank were bad due to traffic jams but it was accurate most of the time at RM43. I fill always to the top until the bugger snap and fuel flowing out one. huhuhuh...

So, I save RM8 per tank. I usually ran like 1tank per week, so one month i save RM8x4= RM32. One year I save RM32x12 = RM384.

But now, i run around quite alot, so 2 tank per week. RM8 x 8 = RM64 per month. RM68 x 12 months = RM816.

Not much of a saving but I would say the saving is on the engine worn part. Eventually the plugs last long and its cleaner , carbon is lesser , less drag on accelerator , and engine is easier to start.

Not much of a saving also, so i guess i'll ditch the unit and find something that can saves me more... uehehhehe...

Actually I am making a few units for sale, as some of my friend thought impossible to achieved the said result. Low ampere, high output, low heat, easy maintenance, safe and reliable.

Alot of people have this kind of concept, hydrogen = kaboom!

I tell you this, there is once i forgot to switch off the switch (i use manual switch for the cell) and it ran like half an hour at 4A. I went back and start the car, no kaboom also. This i guess is because we make the hydrogen on demand. So, its just water if you dont activate it.

You drink water ,will you kaboom? :D hehehe. We dont put the output of the HHO cell on a flame. Its at the air filter hose, sucking in thru the caburator/intake manifold. So, its safe enough and no kaboom one.

Even if the cell is leaking, you only get water + catalyst . Not fuel or any liquid that will explode or anything.

Anyhow, I am preparing the last stage of the HHO cell for sale. Will only produce a small quantity as its too much work involve in this production. I think roughly around 5 unit for sale @ RM400 each set without installation.

I will upload more photos when i get them.

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
huhu.. nobody update their HHO cell ?

anyway, i changed the plate configuration and ditch the catalyst and run on pure water only. running on 5 cell in the bottle. which ii also change the bottle to cheaper material type but still can withstand engine heat and transparent can see the water level and how dirty inside.

will post more resuLT when its running in my car after a week. by the look of it, its drawning 8amp and output seem higher. lets see how it goes after one week.

nobody doing this project anymore? fuel price increase very soon oohh.... ~~

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Did your circuit auto shut down the battery power when you switch off the ignition key?
If yes then we need not worried about kaboom thingy. One time no kaboom doesn't mean that its safe for the next right? IMHO, safety is the 1st concern issue for this project.
As what i notice, our ECU can only take ±10% tolerance in injector's signal (PWM's duty cycle). So the most we can safe the fuel is to run the ECU at -10% of the PWM's duty cycle. Unless we have piggy back ECU to further correct the injector's signal, otherwise its no meaning to produce more hydrogen than our ECU can take it. Please correct me if i'm wrong ya :biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

currently think of stroke up my evo 4 4g63 engine with 4g64 2.4L grandis block, but my mech ask me to hold on,wait for confirmation until people prove that the block can be use, my mech told me , he suspect that the starter position is different from 4g63,4g63 is at btm part of the block, but 4g64 starter position is near middle, if just put in the block will resulting in starter being block and heat up by the turbo.... any evo sifu had done this successful?i know evo 1-3 can but how about 4...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience