DIY SUPERCHARGER

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
I plan to install a Nissan March K10 supercharger into my Gen2. Has anyone done such DIY supercharger projects b4?

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by haslam@Jan 24 2005, 13:19
one question.....where u get the supercharger from?? hmmm
didnt he say "Nissan March "??? but if you mean where to get, it'll be some out of town chopshop where you can find some rare goodies... Those where everybody knows would be hopeless...

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
yes of courselah I'll try and get the suercharger from a half cut shop...will try to look around Mount Austin area JB. Anyone tried to SC on their own b4?

ironhide

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
Sg. Buloh
:D some whacky person do this project on wira1.3, n yet very success. for ur car i suggest use a bit bigger one la.. estima punya ka?

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
Originally posted by ironhide@Jan 26 2005, 19:42
:D some whacky person do this project on wira1.3, n yet very success. for ur car i suggest use a bit bigger one la.. estima punya ka?
ironhide

do you know the guy who supercharge the wira 1.3? U have his contact number? I plan to use the Nissan March or Toyota Levin SC. ACtually it is quite straightforward compared to turbo conversion. Of course with boost you need to adjust the fuel maps using a Piggyback ECU. THe SC has to bebolted onto the engine and SC pulley alligned with crank pulley connected by a belt. The intake air after filter is redirected to the SC inlet then SC outlet goes into engine air intake, then voila with abt 0.5 bar boost you cab expect abt 40% improvement in torque and hp...and welcome urself into Forced Induction.

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
lol... i'm going to do a kit for my mivec too..

currently saving money and buying the parts slowly...

after reservicing everything that i have only install...

heehee... but dunno how to diy... don't really have the machines to do it...

SloMo

Known Member
Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by razaksa+Jan 26 2005, 23:01 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (razaksa @ Jan 26 2005, 23:01 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ironhide@Jan 26 2005, 19:42
ironhide

do you know the guy who supercharge the wira 1.3? U have his contact number? I plan to use the Nissan March or Toyota Levin SC. ACtually it is quite straightforward compared to turbo conversion. Of course with boost you need to adjust the fuel maps using a Piggyback ECU. THe SC has to bebolted onto the engine and SC pulley alligned with crank pulley connected by a belt. The intake air after filter is redirected to the SC inlet then SC outlet goes into engine air intake, then voila with abt 0.5 bar boost you cab expect abt 40% improvement in torque and hp...and welcome urself into Forced Induction. [/b][/quote]
meaning air filter --> SC inlet --> SC --> outlet --> intake / TB ??? is it?

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
Slomo

You are right but the dificult part is trying to mount the SC unit on the engine block and at the same time allignining the SC pulley with ur crank pulley. Also you need to get the fuelling right with the correct fuel maps with proper ignition timing. Note that mapping for forced induction is different from NA cars.

The SC costs abt RM300 from 1/2 cut shops. I plan to get it installed at Speedworks JB then get a piggyback ECU to manage the entire mod, so it's not entirely DIY. Estimated total cost about RM3000.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The manual specifies an 8yr change interval for emission hoses. Does it refer to just the pcv/breather hoses or are there others? When I went to the shop to get replacement parts, the guy at the counter suggested a replacement hose which I didn't recognize - quite short ~2-3in, ~0.75in diameter.

And just to be sure, the the pcv/breather hoses are connected to the 10 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions on the throttle body right?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience