DIY Ralliart bonnet vent

sub8evo

Known Member
May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
Just to share a small project that I did over the weekend :

I removed the vent, and clean & wash it thoroughly with car wash shampoo to remove grease and dirt.
Then, I cut out pieces of the Ralliart logo(this one DIY also...) and stuck it onto the vent.

Then I spray a can of chrome paint over the vent. I made sure the spray direction is at about 90 deg angle facing the vent, so that I'll get the masked effect of the logo on the vent.
I made sure not to spray too wet(i.e. not too close or too slow), and repeat the spray process after interval every 1/2 minute.

And... the result. Total cost ~ RM20 :biggrin:

I think the result would look nicer on a black / dark car.

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
cantik bro... if the ralliart u can spray like the ralliart color lagi cantik =D

sub8evo

Known Member
May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
cantik bro... if the ralliart u can spray like the ralliart color lagi cantik =D
Thanks bro.

The ralliart logo is masked one, so that part is the original bonnet vent color - black.

Unless I mask the whole vent, and spray special colors for the few lines...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Taken from the GTI forum, and i hope everybody will take heed on this.

Would like to remind all car owners on this site and those who have recently purchased their beloved vehicles consider following precautions to minimize theft:

1.Fix an immobiliser and get a stoplock steering lock at the very minimum. This is
to deter from your car going missing thru normal hot-wired ignition modes.

2.Change the ignition keyhole to the one that has the lubang-lubang type. This is
to deter...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience