Cheap & Super Retarded way of DIY port and polish

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine s*ck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.

I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it s*ck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises. Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis.
Taken from AUDI forum.

Im sorry if this is a repost. Saw this in another forum and thought I should share it here. This is the best joke EVER!!!

I sakit perut from laughing weh!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
1 word ... "Champions!!!" .. :adore::adore::adore:

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo
my favourite statement from the whole stupidity :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

sicilian_defense

Feb 23, 2009
this is funny HAHAHAHA but... this is actually a good idea.. and its also a question. One fine day someone is gonna think this up.. and come up with a solution which does just that PORT AND POLISH the easy way with nano-technology hahaha

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Think they were trying to make "Dumb & Dumber 3" ... :adore::adore::rofl::rofl:

ongkp

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008
heard b4 this mentod from friends but not using sand ....I forget the name of the chemical powder.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why would you want to put nitrous oxide injection in your car?

Because it's the easiest, most powerful and cheapest way to produce horsepower!
I get a lot of emails with questions about nitrous, "what's nitrous?", "how does it work?", "will it blow up my engine?", "how much does it cost?". The purpose of these pages is to answer questions like this, my goal is to have something here for everyone, from complete beginners to experienced nitrous heads.

Pls visit pro Nos Tuning...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience