DIY: Question about connections

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
hi i am facing a problem....how do u connect a 18 AWG wire to the battery.......do like just lilit over the terminal or pateri it to a metal loop so that it can fit in the screw....?????thanks.......

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i run a direct 12v source to my fuel pump and pretty much know what you;re facing. do not "lilit" it around the battery as this is part of the reason you see cars burning on the side of the road. get a proper connect then crimp the 18awg wire into connector, solder then get heat shrink tubing to ensure proper insulation.

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
ok i got a question to ask.....now i got too many wiring bolt on to the battery and the screw is not long enough...i want to change the screw to a longer screw....can i just use any normal screw or got specific screw for battery wan....

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
one more question where can i buy the heat shrink tubing and connector......so the end which is bolt onto the battery looks like a ground cable ending lah with a round ring connector and a tube for insulation right......right???

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
malwinder said:
one more question where can i buy the heat shrink tubing and connector......so the end which is bolt onto the battery looks like a ground cable ending lah with a round ring connector and a tube for insulation right......right???
i got cousin deal wit tis cable lug n heatshrink....let me know the size o snap a photo of ur cable....

if grounding lugs i got la....wire lug i oso got..but not sure ngam u o not..otherwise hv to ask my cousin...

c-ground

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Seri Kembangan
cground.fotopic.net
for a neater look.. you may want to join all the wires into a bunch, and then crimp it to a lug of a suitable size. Then heat shrink the few inches from the lug. However, if your wires are not permanent, you can do it separately, then tie them together wioth a cable tie, and then cover them with a cable organizer:

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
where can i get the cable organizer ar....i tried a few hardware shop...cannot find.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Y i always experience oil leakage so often? Izit the mechanic diden tighten the screws properly or car old alr so got places bocor alr?

very fed up wif tis problem alr.... always hav to go back to workshop to settle tis problem so often... :(

experts... actually wat's goin on n how to stop tis from continuing??? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience