DIY Painting your Valve cover - Any Colour You Like

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
Ok it must be Noted that the End Finish is directly related to the Motor that is being worked on , Lets take the Honda Engines here . The B16 Motor Has a Rough Finish As standard as opposed to a K series motor where the Valve Cover is Perfectly Smooth.

So when Working on a B16 after Spraying provided the coats of paint were evenly applied and time given inbetween for drying etc , the End result would be rough Finish in Red similar to the VC that comes Standard on a Type R (EK9)

On a K series the Valve cover is Smooth , so much more attention to detail and the method of Application will have to be applied to reach a good end Result , which is why in My opinion , the effect achieved from spraying the manifold cover(Also Smooth) is much Easier , gives a great look to the Engine bay , and looks professional , it is also very easy to do , and will require only the loosening of two bolts on the Manifold cover, Some tape to mask off the Plate and this would Leave the Valve Cover untouched .

I have not seen that Brand around , But then again I have not been around that Much , I am Sure there would be others on this Forum who may have seen the item or a Similar product and can recommend a Store where it could be Purchased

Hope this answers the Question

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Here is Quick DIY to get the Engine Bay Looking Great

This Applies to Engine Covers too and should cost no more than Some Time and Rm50.oo For the Paint

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

1. 1 x tin of VHT(Very High Temperature) Wrinkle Paint
2. 1 x Bottle of Clean Green(Degreaser/Detergent)
3. 1 x Roll of Toilet Paper
4. 1 x Hairdryer/Heatgun
5. 1 x Oven
6. Baking Gloves

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

1. clean the VC with a strong detergant to remove all oil Residue/Paint will not bond to an oily surface
2. clean the VC with a strong detergant (Very IMPORTANT)
3. clean the VC with a strong detergant (Very IMPORTANT)
4. clean the VC with a strong detergant (Very IMPORTANT)

( Make Sure you Work in a clean / Dust free Enviroment to achieve maximum effect )

5. rinse in very hot water & wrap in a towel for quick drying or Blow dry with Hairdryer
6. tape/plug up the holes
7. tape/plug up your nose
8. spray very evenly in 1 direction holding the tin about 30cm from the Valve Cover
9. spray each coat in a different direction, the paint is very powdery so don't worry if you don't see the first few coats (Allow 5 / 10 Mins Drying time between each coat , Not Neccesary but would Recommend this Step)
10. after every 5 odd coats, warm up the VC using a hairdryer or heatgun
11. repeat this process until the tin is empty, it should be about 20 odd coats
12. for the guys that need to use the car daily, put the VC in the oven at 120C for about an hour & leave overnight (WARNING - BAKING THE VC FOR TOO LONG WILL CAUSE THE PAINT TO DARKEN) If the Car is not a Daily Driver allow one or two days to Air Dry Fully
13. tape up the areas surrounding the "DOHC VTEC" & sand down carefully using a block wrapped in water paper taking care not to damage the new paint finish

The End Result is Awesome and will make you want to show off your Engine Bay :

:proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud:

ANY questions Feel free to ask
if i dont have oven...what else i can use to heat it down?

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Here is Quick DIY to get the Engine Bay Looking Great

This Applies to Engine Covers too and should cost no more than Some Time and Rm50.oo For the Paint

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

1. 1 x tin of VHT(Very High Temperature) Wrinkle Paint
2. 1 x Bottle of Clean Green(Degreaser/Detergent)
3. 1 x Roll of Toilet Paper
4. 1 x Hairdryer/Heatgun
5. 1 x Oven
6. Baking Gloves

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

1. clean the VC with a strong detergant to remove all oil Residue/Paint will not bond to an oily surface
2. clean the VC with a strong detergant (Very IMPORTANT)
3. clean the VC with a strong detergant (Very IMPORTANT)
4. clean the VC with a strong detergant (Very IMPORTANT)

( Make Sure you Work in a clean / Dust free Enviroment to achieve maximum effect )

5. rinse in very hot water & wrap in a towel for quick drying or Blow dry with Hairdryer
6. tape/plug up the holes
7. tape/plug up your nose
8. spray very evenly in 1 direction holding the tin about 30cm from the Valve Cover
9. spray each coat in a different direction, the paint is very powdery so don't worry if you don't see the first few coats (Allow 5 / 10 Mins Drying time between each coat , Not Neccesary but would Recommend this Step)
10. after every 5 odd coats, warm up the VC using a hairdryer or heatgun
11. repeat this process until the tin is empty, it should be about 20 odd coats
12. for the guys that need to use the car daily, put the VC in the oven at 120C for about an hour & leave overnight (WARNING - BAKING THE VC FOR TOO LONG WILL CAUSE THE PAINT TO DARKEN) If the Car is not a Daily Driver allow one or two days to Air Dry Fully
13. tape up the areas surrounding the "DOHC VTEC" & sand down carefully using a block wrapped in water paper taking care not to damage the new paint finish

The End Result is Awesome and will make you want to show off your Engine Bay :

:proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud:

ANY questions Feel free to ask
if i dont have a hoven can i use a hair dryer...or heat gun...or engine heat..please need a help please.....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nice job there and thanks for your teaching bro... Just a curious question. Don't we need to use a primer or a high temperature primer?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

assalamualaikum..

hii..sy nk tumpang tanya nih..sesiapa penah try benda nih..and diferent dia lepas pkai..ada beza x??nk msuk kt l200..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience