DIY My Simple CAI.

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by drexchan@Mar 23 2005, 15:01
slk850,

how did you mount the hose to the airbox? Some superlon and double sided tape i assume?

beware of the heat.. i might drop-off when the heat melts the adhesive on the double sided tape..
[snapback]833946[/snapback]​
From the Pic i posted, you can see if without superlon wrapping the CAI pipe. There are small gabs around the pipe between the air box. So, after warpping the pipe with superlon and tigh it by cable tigh.
Then push the pipe out abit from air box so that the superlon will fit ngam ngam from the air box's hole. No double side tab needed. B)

Hope my words dun confuse u all. :P

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
for those who got prob wif insects.. flowers n stuff suck in.. put netting at the mouth of the pipe...

can lower down de percentage of water tryin to enter also.. ehehe.. but there is still posibilities of water goin in la..so when rain drive slowly.. = safe for ur car n safe for urself..

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
how about insect trapped inside and cannot come out??! :P :lol:

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by szekeiemme@Mar 23 2005, 19:55
the netting is kinda fine .. no insects can enter la..
[snapback]834872[/snapback]​
Will it blocking air flow ? i mean with out the netting... air flow should be more faster ......rite ? correct me if i was wrong.... :P

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
duno oo.. like same oni..its a very fine metal netting..mayb a little restriction la..but i duwan flower fly .. etc etc to get sucked in.. ahhaa.. so like dat la..n water also..

jimmylkj

Known Member
Jan 21, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
slk850 ... where you get those metal/alloy piping .... ? help me help me .... u c .. this evening i went to sunway n ask for those piping ... those fuckers either tell me no such thing else buy a whole new set come with the cover one ... sez wat housing not suits lar ... bla bla bla .... <_< .... soo ... can get for me ahh .... if the price is ok for me ... :P

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by khguan@Mar 23 2005, 15:22
well.. if u install ur CAI hose in front of bumper... then de air going in will be faster cos it is forced into it.. when ur car moves.. then it create some higher pressure in ur airbox..

am i rite?
[snapback]834015[/snapback]​
what you mentioned is ram air.. no ram air doesn't work at the normal speed our car can travel. Air is incompressible at speed below the top speed.

I tried it. SImply say that, the longer and more bend the hose is, the higher the restriction too. If any ram air effect were to occur, it will be cancelled out by the bends.

Get me?

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by jimmylkj@Mar 24 2005, 00:55
slk850 ... where you get those metal/alloy piping .... ? help me help me .... u c .. this evening i went to sunway n ask for those piping ... those fuckers either tell me no such thing else buy a whole new set come with the cover one ... sez wat housing not suits lar ... bla bla bla .... <_< .... soo ... can get for me ahh .... if the price is ok for me ... :P
[snapback]835395[/snapback]​
Those are not metal/alloy pipe, is made of plastic and rubber.
You can place your order from Stanley Tai aka Ninja_iga.
I only sell those pipe within Penang Islands.

Happy DIY ! B)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Its been a while since Maranello rolled off a GTS from its factory floor, GTS being Prancing Horse speak for ‘targa.’ While we may associate the word more with Porsches nowadays, it truly has been a long time since we last saw a T-Top Ferrari.

Since the 355 hit the skids, its either been fixed-roof or full-fledged convertibles rolling off the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience