DIY GROUNDING

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
hobcai said:
help help !!

i plan to do my grouding in my car but i dont know wat part look like?! mean i dont know how da distributer, firewall, gearbox,...... look like.

can somebody help me!
how many points?

actualy u can find out those points by surfing internet.....

or...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
need help plz... just got myself a cheap 8awg cables...

(sorry huakenny i couldnt afford ur cables ar.. sorry bro..)

first i need to put in the gold plate at the (-) battery side right?

i unscrew the (-) part that time can see like got small electric sparks ... look dem scary. like anytime i can kena electric shock lidet... then my car alarm keep unlocking n lock my door automatically.... stupid....

issit normal ar liddet??? quite scared la, will kena shock or spoil anything anot?? must i wear gloves...??

then just now start rain ady so i just faster screw back the battery n decide to continue tmw la...

so can anybody advise me..?

im going to ground to :
1)firewall
2) distributor
3) engine header
4) alternator
5) dunno where yet... any suggestion?

all the points i think i can handle ... EXCEPT only the alternator part i dunno how to do ... coz it's so below my engine there, i dunno how to reach to the screw, put the cable n tighten it back la.... i'm driving proton saga LMST 1.3 ... hope can somebody advise?
the only ppl i noe that drive LMST n ground cable b4 is jaywat, but he never reply my msgs wan.... so i hope somebody here can help me more throughly bout grounding..... thanks...

(its ok huakenny if u dowan help me if tulan that i never buy ur cable) .. sorry bro , i just had a better offer.. cheers... :smile:

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
hey i got a 5 point liao ..... so now i wanna look for another 3 wires to make to 8 point ..... i wan a yellow 4 awg cables ..... anyone has idea whare to get it ar ?

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
ok.... i grounded the

1) bulk head
2) firewall
3) distributor
4) engine head

but the Alternator ... it's too low below the engine there la... i can't reach in, even if can, no space to twist the spanar and unscrew the nuts/screw...

i was advised by huakenny to just place the grounding kit in the long 12mm screw at the alternator there, and take a nut n screw it in place....

but all the nut i try also kenot fit the long screw at the alternator there....

n i cannot open any screw on the alternator ... :frown:

what can i do?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
nitrus said:
ok.... i grounded the

1) bulk head
2) firewall
3) distributor
4) engine head

but the Alternator ... it's too low below the engine there la... i can't reach in, even if can, no space to twist the spanar and unscrew the nuts/screw...

i was advised by huakenny to just place the grounding kit in the long 12mm screw at the alternator there, and take a nut n screw it in place....

but all the nut i try also kenot fit the long screw at the alternator there....

n i cannot open any screw on the alternator ... :frown:

what can i do?
u buy the wrong nut...ask from ur seller for the right nut if u not sure which nut....

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
huakenny, my seller "ijoe" asked me to use cable tie to tie the cable n alternator screw together ... what do u all think? correct? wrong?
i was told its not good to use cable tie to tie them together...

c-ground : the shops i go to dunno bout nuts.. -_- i have to find myself.. haih.. dunno which shop to go to around PJ .. any suggestions ?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
nitrus said:
huakenny, my seller "ijoe" asked me to use cable tie to tie the cable n alternator screw together ... what do u all think? correct? wrong?
i was told its not good to use cable tie to tie them together...

c-ground : the shops i go to dunno bout nuts.. -_- i have to find myself.. haih.. dunno which shop to go to around PJ .. any suggestions ?
erm..if u got come wangsa maju o setapak..sms me la.i gv u the nut...settled :biggrin:

c-ground

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Seri Kembangan
cground.fotopic.net
Forget about tieing the alternator scrw and the cable lugs. Cable ties!??! He must be joking (no offence ijoe).

Get a nut from kenny.. or if you happened to come to Seri Kembangan.. get one free from me lar.. Any hardware shop will have 12mm nuts lar.. otherwise, ask for one sample, test it out first in front of the shop.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
tnx guys.. reli appreciate the kindness.. if i reli reli cant find the nut i will try ask u all ..
regret la buy from ijoe, (no offense ijoe, but this is reli wat i experience) .. his aftersales help.. see like he dun care already lepas jual barang.. somemore he said "no prob!" when i ask "confirm can use cable tie to tie the cable n alternator? battery current can go thru?" ... :thumpdown: tak tau la... last time when i ask him whether its RM38 including installation in PM, he said yes. but when meet up that time he say the engine bay too hot la bla bla.
my mistake la buy from wrong ppl i guess.. feel like i kena con.

so anybody that next time wan to buy grounding cable.

The best ppl to buy grounding cable from in ZTH is Huakenny n C-ground .

i din buy from them also they r so ever willing to help me.. (i also malu la) altho maybe their cables abit more expensive but u'll b more satisfied after that.. believe me.. Dun kena con like me again.

cheers..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...my car hav gearbox problem when change new gearbox...?my pomen try 3 gearbox auto and same condition.1) my car no pick-up like vtec not funtion.2) Rpm 3k equal 120kmj3) some jerk when slow dow the car.any opinion and recommended good workshop.tq..019-2173727
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience