Grounding Installation - DIY Tips

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Hi,

just finished install grounding to my ride and would like to share my installation steps/guide/tips with you guys.

tools : 10mm and 12mm wrench, cutter.
material : 10mm nut x 2, 10mm bolt x 2, 12mm nut x 1, Hot Earth gold grounding and zaptor platinum volt stabilizer

ground point : 1 x firewall, 1 x engine block, 1 x alternator, 1 x side panel(RH), 1 x engine block - Frt panel.

firewall
to install the grounding to this point, i hv chosen the nearest point...its d fuse box there. remove the fuse box bracket bolt-10mm and install the grounding cable there.

Engine block
the engine block hv 2 earth cables(small), 1 joint both together with my grounding :)

Alternator
alternator got 2 options to install the grounding, either thru the 10mm long bolt or the 12mm side bolt. in my case, i installed to the side with 12mm nut to secure it. easier

Side chassis (rh)
this is quite easy job, just remove the 10mm bolt tat secure the grounding and install together.

front panel - engine block
myvi 1.3 originally comes wit this grounding but a tiny cable, i replaced it wit Hot Earth cable only

more photos here :
http://huakenny.fotopic.net/c1713517.html

Last edited:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Yeah man...so thick like it is enough to ground a building!!!
Dont even see the 5 wires...and the zaptor looks so big too...you cusomed it for yourself???

Hahaha.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Walao! RM6XX!! Did you feel any difference after the installation?

Also read that the areas where you attach the ground wires to tend to corrode and rust faster any prevention to that?

Jun 20, 2009
OMG.. looks like snake is in the engine~! :slug:

Bump: so expensive.. y not install mega raizin? no good? :hmmmm:

Bump: so expensive.. y not install mega raizin? no good? :hmmmm:

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
How come u compare pivot grounding with Hot Earth Grounding? Huhuhuhu Hot Earth & Hot Inazma are own its own class. Both by Sun Auto.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Crazy car builds are a dime-a-dozen these days with quadruple horsepower figures and space frames nothing to be sneered at anymore but when one of the modifications to the car includes an electrical sliding roof for the exhaust from the jet-engine to burp fire, you know this thing will sneer and leave you eating its jet fumes.

The base car is a Mini Cooper S that now packs a Rolls Royce-Allison 250-C20Bturbine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience