Diy : Air Twister - Swirl The Air !

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by Joeker+Sep 3 2004, 05:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joeker @ Sep 3 2004, 05:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-johnsonlam@Sep 3 2004, 04:45 PM
I am not handsome

I seen JL before. Seriously, JL handsome like this pic. [/b][/quote]
:unsure:

Pengsan... :blink:

markhammill

Jan 22, 2005
Swansea, UK
www.metalstyli.com
I've got an ecotek valve fitted already that does a similar thing and creates turbulance in the airbox.

Is it worth adding a fan as well or would that be a waste of my ecotek valve?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well i dun think so... dat ecotek thing is soemthing like microcompressor... it let more air into de engine...

then de air twister we DIY is to spin de air while our engine suck in air...

markhammill

Jan 22, 2005
Swansea, UK
www.metalstyli.com
Oh well, I trimmed the fan ok but broke it putting it in, so that makes the decision for me :unsure:

gogsard

Known Member
Nov 27, 2004
i have doubt to do this DIY .. afraid the fan will break lose into my throtel ..

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
dun worry bout de fan blades breaking... for my car.. i use 2 twisters... so far so good!!

when u install it.. just make sure dat they r fitted properly..not too tight n not too loose.. so dat it wun move.. use some double sided tape with foam to stick beside de blades to secure them....

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
Hey guys i DIY this, keke sorry for bringing up old topics. Here is the pic!
When i first install this , which i dono installed correct or not,my car's induction sound (air sucking sound vroommmm)sounds louder, dono y, anyone care to explain? The car is more smoother now compare to last time, dono its physiological or what! Should i DIY a second one? if i do second one where should i put it? From the pictures u can see im using OEM air box wira efi!

Last edited:

ocphangaz

Known Member
May 24, 2006
i DIY on using aircond blower fans... those squirel cage types.. i'm using K&N ufo type airfilter.

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
SkYwAlKeR said:
i also diy one using cpu casing fan blades... so far, no positive response... hahaha.... wasted 5bucks for my casing fan....
Dono la my throttle response is better la. Can confrim that! :_:

NewVi

Jan 17, 2007
hi all...firstly all my compliments to JL for this DIY...very nice indeed :cyclops:

so now interested of getting one piece for myself....but i have a little question here about the location of the blades in my car...i drive a myvi 1.3....i have a diy cai with stock airbox....could anyone kindly shed me sum guidance on the location that the fan blades shud be install?...ie ... shud i install it at the opening of the CAI hose or elsewhere?

thx

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
NewVi said:
hi all...firstly all my compliments to JL for this DIY...very nice indeed :cyclops:

so now interested of getting one piece for myself....but i have a little question here about the location of the blades in my car...i drive a myvi 1.3....i have a diy cai with stock airbox....could anyone kindly shed me sum guidance on the location that the fan blades shud be install?...ie ... shud i install it at the opening of the CAI hose or elsewhere?

thx
Usually ppl install after the filter element! Check where is ur filter and install right after it! /good

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
wow. 2 yrs topic still can bring up to discuss.. not bad. sweet!.

just to update, took out my 'air twister', not using it anymore,
considering the speed of the air flow going into the air ram,
i reckon it won't create a so call effective 'twist', but instead
it will create turbulence and mix the air (if that's what this diy item intend to do)

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
i think the logic is the same as the design apply to center bullet.to make the air move faster

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i m noob here , just wana ask do there really have muffler that are quite and also can improve the acceleration of the car ? can name some brand for me ?
thanks ..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience