Discussion: what makes a vehicle fun to drive?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SF, can get loan mah....since you saying want to sell your BLM for sooo damn long already...plus convert MT have you try to go around asking for it?

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Citroen ZX corners? That's if the hydraulics don't break first.

Ixeo : Rs are not dull or boring that's for sure. But I think it's a personal opinion whether they are great. I mean, I've driven the FC, FD, a 316Ti with a 3L BMW engine, etc and the one that always makes me want one is the FD (twin turbo variant). I'm fond of the DC2 and the EK but ultimately (for me) they were just good cars, not great. I've never sat in a Supra before but having tried to follow one in a IS200 it was bloody awesome to see it dissapear from my passanger view even though the IS200 was already maxed out. I'll bet it'll be a damn interesting drive too. But that's all my personal opinion. Not saying your choice of cars are bad, they're great. Just not as great as the FD I'm so obssessed about, personally speaking of course.
Just wondering, how long did you keep your FD? State of modification?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Citroen ZX corners? That's if the hydraulics don't break first.

Ixeo : Rs are not dull or boring that's for sure. But I think it's a personal opinion whether they are great. I mean, I've driven the FC, FD, a 316Ti with a 3L BMW engine, etc and the one that always makes me want one is the FD (twin turbo variant). I'm fond of the DC2 and the EK but ultimately (for me) they were just good cars, not great. I've never sat in a Supra before but having tried to follow one in a IS200 it was bloody awesome to see it dissapear from my passanger view even though the IS200 was already maxed out. I'll bet it'll be a damn interesting drive too. But that's all my personal opinion. Not saying your choice of cars are bad, they're great. Just not as great as the FD I'm so obssessed about, personally speaking of course.
What makes the FD so great?

I've got a FD3S pinned on my wall, and that's the ONLY car on my wall. Its not that I don't like the car, I love it, the curves are timeless, but I don't see it being very fun to drive for a nooblet like me and most average joes.

How many people do you think can take a corner balls out with a turbocharged RWD without traction control. If you can't go balls out with your car, you ain't having fun.

I don't know how other people have fun, but fun is not how fast the car can go, or how great the car is. It's how fast YOU can go in the car without killing yourself, or the car. To illustrate my point, who do you think is having fun? The Satria or the Porsche? Of course, that Satria is a R3 variant with modifications. When I mentioned Type R & Lotus, its stock cars.. No point talking about modded cars because with enough money, a Kelisa can be fast, furious and fun, I think if you spend half the money to buy a R35 to modify a Kelisa (RM175k, sequential manual gearbox, a built 1.5L turbocharged engine with meth injection, nos (to win the drag race), full standalone with traction & launch control, stripped out chassis, customized suspension.. etc.), the Kelisa will bungkus the R35..but that's besides the point cause if you spend half the money on a Veyron to modify a R35, it will bungkus the Veyron..

Noob Satria R3 chasing Porsche in Sepang Open track day 2010 - YouTube

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SF, can get loan mah....since you saying want to sell your BLM for sooo damn long already...plus convert MT have you try to go around asking for it?
Selling the car not for the reason of getting another. Had to sell it for a reason. No need me
elaborate much on why it is not sold yet. Just can say shit happens whenever you want to sell a car.

Only asked on stroking it to 1.6 before others not necessary anymore since not keeping it. So no point asking for the sake of asking.

:smokin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Asking do you no harm and help you know the market price and improve your knowledge on car stuff. Not necessarily have to buy then only ask. SO that you don't always get cut throat and know what's what. If everything also need to buy then only ask. you gonna missed out a lot of knowledge my friend.

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor

I don't see it being very fun to drive for a nooblet like me and most average joes.

How many people do you think can take a corner balls out with a turbocharged RWD without traction control. If you can't go balls out with your car, you ain't having fun.
Thats what they said "rewarding", it is part of puzzle of the fun... a car too easy to drive will end up get bored easily. I heard from MMER racer said: Lotus is hell of crazy car to drive, it is hard to driving on its edge. Hell yeah... Alex Yoong spun in a exige on turn 14 =P

Having fun in track overtake other cars and "fun to drive car" is kinda differrent thing :driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Having fun in track overtake other cars and "fun to drive car" is kinda differrent thing :driver:
I am assuming that you're referring to the video and that I am implying its fun for the Satria to overtake the Porsche? Nay.

If you look at the Porsche during the corners, it wags its tail, the driver panic and over compensated, and he does this consistently in every corner, he's not having fun because he's probably holding on for his dear life..

So the Porsche, to the driver, wasn't fun to drive. If I were him I'd be scared shitless cause as you can see he don't even know why the car is behaving that way.

If you're a good driver, any car would be easy to drive, easy is relative. Just because its easy doesn't mean it isn't fun. I don't see how driving a hard to drive car is fun, its probably dangerous. As for Alex Yoong, he has a lot of fans here and I do not wish to comment, he's a better driver than me that's for sure, but I bet I'm a better sailor than him.

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
I am assuming that you're referring to the video and that I am implying its fun for the Satria to overtake the Porsche? Nay.

If you look at the Porsche during the corners, it wags its tail, the driver panic and over compensated, and he does this consistently in every corner, he's not having fun because he's probably holding on for his dear life..

So the Porsche, to the driver, wasn't fun to drive. If I were him I'd be scared shitless cause as you can see he don't even know why the car is behaving that way.

If you're a good driver, any car would be easy to drive, easy is relative. Just because its easy doesn't mean it isn't fun. I don't see how driving a hard to drive car is fun, its probably dangerous. As for Alex Yoong, he has a lot of fans here and I do not wish to comment, he's a better driver than me that's for sure, but I bet I'm a better sailor than him.
Ok I am confuse here... U are a cowboy :ridinghorse: but u sail boat :banghead: ??!! LOL

Anyway give a like to your reply :biggrin:

p/s: any F1 driver is from another planet :tongue:

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Crazy oldman !! lol the way he dive into the corner just crazy !! and Driver weight shifting ? :rofl:

Love it !!

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
keeltha; Crazy oldman !! lol the way he dive into the corner just crazy !! and Driver weight shifting ? :rofl: Love it !![/QUOTE said:
lol yea that old man Motoharu Kurosawa would do everything for the win, saw some videos that he made contact with other cars alot kinda stress up those colleagues :biggrin:

Jose

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Subang Jaya
proper manual gearbox and a car that make u take the longer route home every damn time. for my case is my precious Swift Sport. lovin every minute of it, just hated it when petrol warning light is up. High compression punya pasal

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Maybe the Porsche driver haven't got his car for long so still learning and getting used to it.

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
this is very subjective on many points, but it'll all comes down to how much your balls have evolved to becoming titanium... or melt.

I just like a car with a balance between power & being precise on the control.
It's kinda wasteful... big horsepower & torque.. but you couldn't even use more than 50% of it on the tarmac and keep the car
going where you want it to go or do what you want it to do. That's just mental.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just wondering, how long did you keep your FD? State of modification?
It was stock. But what I didn't realize at that time was it was a zenki model, freaking old and I had very little knowledge on rotaries. Biggest monetary mistake of my life. Lucky for me I had a very special arrangement financing the car which let me get out with minimal bruising. And thank god for the awesome resale value of the FD!

I've got a FD3S pinned on my wall, and that's the ONLY car on my wall. Its not that I don't like the car, I love it, the curves are timeless, but I don't see it being very fun to drive for a nooblet like me and most average joes.

I don't know how other people have fun, but fun is not how fast the car can go, or how great the car is. It's how fast YOU can go in the car without killing yourself, or the car.
I've got more than 1 FD3S on my walls. :biggrin: It's been the car of my dreams since its launching and if I ever have a windfall the first thing I'll source for is the Spirit-R, preferably unmodified.

I know the FD is idiotically hard to corner hard (for a newbie like me) and fast in and spinning out is no fun. But I personally feel it's very manageable in the FD assuming it's completely stock. I have no idea how those crazy fellas here in KL and in Aussie drive around in their 400bhp variants.

Fun to me is how a car feels when I drive it. Does it make me smile and make me think at the end of the day : "Yeah.. I wanna drive this car again", or is it one of those 'mehh' type of cars? A simple Wira like mine to me is a fun car to drive. I enjoy driving my old beatup junk mainly because of the way it handles and the countless hours and $ I've put into it. Having said that I've test driven a few other Wiras before and not the same can be said about those cars. Except for one lightweight barebones Wira, the others weren't as engaging or fun to drive. So all boils down to personal preference.

I love FD, you do not. So, bleh to you dude. :thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Story Part 1 of 2.

Was in USA on business mid August, Portland Oregon, AVIS car rental says out of stock, then I ask for Camaro? and surprisingly got it, with US$ 100 discount some more. But don't know this next point is good luck or not? which is it's convertible :), so sexy !!!

I asked for Yellow color with racing stripe and the rental staff a women of 50s laugh out me and the other girl at next counter nothing to do also laughed, when I said come USA must drive bumble...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience