Disc Brake Modification

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear all,

I just thought or modifying my rear drums to disc. I am trying to do it at the least possible cost and I thought of some options. Please advise or share some experience on whether the options that I thought about will work or not. By the way, I drove a Corolla AE111.

Option 1: But a pair or front disc brake from levin BZR/BZG and fix it to the front of my car. Transplant my original front disc brakes to the rear. Can the front brakes fit into the back? This is what I want to ask.

I do not want to buy a pair of rear disc from levin BZR/BZG and fit it to the rear because then the rear disc diameter will be bigger than the front. This imbalances the braking force distribution. Bigger disc should be at the front.

Has anyone done this before???

Please advise, thank you.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Front calipers cannot go to the rear. Unless if u willing to sacrifice the use of handbrake. Not to forget the large amount of customizing work need to be done to get it in.

The level of customation work in malaysia is still far below satisfaction. There could be misalignment which will cause vibration, uneven brake pad wear, uneven brake force distribution, and metal fatigue which cause it to break apart.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Front calipers cannot go to the rear. Unless if u willing to sacrifice the use of handbrake. Not to forget the large amount of customizing work need to be done to get it in.

The level of customation work in malaysia is still far below satisfaction. There could be misalignment which will cause vibration, uneven brake pad wear, uneven brake force distribution, and metal fatigue which cause it to break apart.
Oh yes! Never thought of that... Thank you Sir!

szeeonn

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
den u buy the rear disc from levin BZR/BZG and den Cut it Off Smaller / Same size like ur front Disc Lor ..
Or u keep larger REAR Disc Brake , and convert ur car to REAR WHEEL DRIVE LOR ..
this 2 way can balance ur breaking force

i personally love 2nd options ,. CAN DRIFT .. Woooosh ...!!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
why not u just buy and install adjustable brake force distribution controller?? (a bit pricey la but fits your req. nicely)

or u can do it the siam ppl way...install front caliper at the back...and get a pair of smaller caliper on separate line and masterpump only for your handbrake....(also need hydraulic handbrake conversion) <<< i like this idea..and u'll saw it regularly on purpose built gymkhana car :adore:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
den u buy the rear disc from levin BZR/BZG and den Cut it Off Smaller / Same size like ur front Disc Lor ..
Or u keep larger REAR Disc Brake , and convert ur car to REAR WHEEL DRIVE LOR ..
this 2 way can balance ur breaking force

i personally love 2nd options ,. CAN DRIFT .. Woooosh ...!!
size of ur disc rotor does not equals to the brake force distribution la bro....

why not u just buy and install adjustable brake force distribution controller?? (a bit pricey la but fits your req. nicely)

or u can do it the siam ppl way...install front caliper at the back...and get a pair of smaller caliper on separate line and masterpump only for your handbrake....(also need hydraulic handbrake conversion) <<< i like this idea..and u'll saw it regularly on purpose built gymkhana car :adore:
hydraulic lines are not suitable for parking brakes as hydraulic line cannot withstand high pressure for long period of time... thats why cable is used as parking brake because u can stretch it for long period of time (in term of hours and days)....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Due to some changes in scheduling from the race organizer, the Conemasters 2011 Gymkhana Challenge is now a ONE DAY EVENT (Saturday, 18th June, 2011) and no a 2-day event as previously advertised.

In lieu of that, there are some adjustments to the entry fee. It is now RM180 but competitors STILL receive 2 tickets to watch Super GT!

For those who are interested to compete:

1 ) Entry fee is now...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience