DIGI vs MAXIS

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i'm not sure bout maxis.. coz previously my maxis line was a subline. .so i never pay attention on the billing.

as for my digi postpaid line... there is a trick behind it... they have something like the maxis 75 plan.. i went for the 125 plan coz i makes alot of calls.. and guess what.. they dont guarantee a free monthly access fee. They will charge u monthly access fee if u happen to use less than 125. I kena charged on my first month.. i called up and fuck'ed kau them.. argue that i subscribed in the middle of the month.. and the sales person nvr told me such thing.

argue for so long only they finally agree to rebate back.

as for the line coverage.. believe me... digi doesn't have the widest coverage like the advert proclaims. I would suddenly lost coverage in the middle of a conversation.. just have zero reception.. while my Maxis still has full bar. Darn.

blame on my phone? i dont think so.... tried swapping my sim cards

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
yeah.. digi got bad coverage at home..i experience this n when i put my phone outside de window oni.. less den 1meter from de place i sit.. n i got some line..put back in de house.. very bad ..

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
noticed that digi doesn't have strong coverage inside building... especially those complex layout type.. the reception will drop. haii....

ZTH

Known Member
Mar 25, 2007
i'm not sure bout maxis.. coz previously my maxis line was a subline. .so i never pay attention on the billing.

as for my digi postpaid line... there is a trick behind it... they have something like the maxis 75 plan.. i went for the 125 plan coz i makes alot of calls.. and guess what.. they dont guarantee a free monthly access fee. They will charge u monthly access fee if u happen to use less than 125. I kena charged on my first month.. i called up and fuck'ed kau them.. argue that i subscribed in the middle of the month.. and the sales person nvr told me such thing.

argue for so long only they finally agree to rebate back.

as for the line coverage.. believe me... digi doesn't have the widest coverage like the advert proclaims. I would suddenly lost coverage in the middle of a conversation.. just have zero reception.. while my Maxis still has full bar. Darn.

blame on my phone? i dont think so.... tried swapping my sim cards
Maxis RM75 flat plan as u can see :Maxis - Personal - Mobile Services - Rate Plans - Package 75 maxis - maxis : 15 cents/m but to other operator 20cents/m. and the chargers for east malaysia also higher.

compare to

DiGi 1 Plan RM70
DiGi - Postpaid - DiGi Postpaid - Call Plans
the chargers to any network is 13cents/m including east malaysia

i just did a survey yesterday...postpaid for celcom, maxis, and digi...

i dowan to say this operator is good or that operator is good.... so u guys compare it by urself...so far as i can see for those usage is below RM 100 DiGi 1 plan is the cheaper...but no 3G

MAXIS:
Maxis - Personal - Mobile Services - Rate Plans

DiGi:
DiGi - Postpaid - DiGi Postpaid - Call Plans

CELCOM:
Celcom Postpaid
yeah.. digi got bad coverage at home..i experience this n when i put my phone outside de window oni.. less den 1meter from de place i sit.. n i got some line..put back in de house.. very bad ..
noticed that digi doesn't have strong coverage inside building... especially those complex layout type.. the reception will drop. haii....

My friends said almost the same thing too. :idea:

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
but at kampung area and ulu ulu area digi got line , but maxis sux no line at all

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
aiyaiyai.. this thread is not helping too.. it's just like the adverts. They are both blasting at each others promo but dont really gives out real info.

i've been wanting to switch from prepaid to postpaid. but im so confused with em..

the shop attentants dont really help as well.

one thing, from digi prepaid to postpaid, can u keep the no. ?

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
my wife was yapping her way thru wit her maxis mobile beside me at OUG Central hypermarket while my digi got no reception.. (*#&$4@#&*)(*#!!!!!!!!

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
aiyaiyai.. this thread is not helping too.. it's just like the adverts. They are both blasting at each others promo but dont really gives out real info.

i've been wanting to switch from prepaid to postpaid. but im so confused with em..

hi mate.. i'm not sure bout digi but i was told maxis can. So.. highly lightly digi can. Why don u give digi helpline a buzz.. i'm sure they will answer u wot.

ZTH

Known Member
Mar 25, 2007
. . . . . . . . thanks guys for the replies . . . . . from what I heard from my friend that went to Sabah .. Digi is the BEST ...

jsn

Known Member
May 24, 2004
Penang
profiles.friendster.com

can i just change from prepaid to postpaid few week ago...why not ?

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
that's totally bullshit, 5-8 years ago, the statement might be true, Celcom has been very quite after acquired by Telekom. You know how government/semi-government working peace is.

I'm with Celcom postpaid, always give me missed call sms while my phone didn't even ring. (and I just leave my phone on the my desk)

wait a minute, that might be the smart way to cheat your consumer, when your competitor call,

1. Put them in Celcom voice mail,
a. competitor need to pay for leaving voice mail
b. Celcom subscriber need to dial in and pay to listen to voice mail.

2. Instead allow your competitor earn the money, use the missed call sms so that your Celcom subscribe will pay for dial back.

What a brilliant plan. Either Celcom network has been lousy or they out smart me, but frankly, their coverage in KL sucks.

I thought my old junkie phone sucks, unfortunately, I asked around my colleagues who are with the same Celcom plan with different phone model give me the similar feedback.
i agreed on what you say CeLcOM ..SMS all the time if there is a miss call...
coverage is just soso...
i notice my bill super high compare to prepaid servise...
this few week i have been using my Digi servise to call oversea ..suprise ..the cost is all most as cheap as u buy the phone card or those oversea phone call card....
the quality of during oversea call is as good as local call...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Basically, I would say there is no good mobile service provider. All of them sucks, but I would believe that anything that's telekom is worst. buahaha

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Cheapest maxis postpaid plan is RM50 monthly for now. Even if they say the call charges is RM0.15 from maxis to maxis and RM0.20 from maxis to other telcos, i believe most of the numbers u call will be to 012/017 so just go for maxis lah...but surprisingly, digi prepaid charges for certain international calls are bloody cheap...example would be calls to USA...maxis charges RM0.99/min if im not mistaken and digi prepaid is only RM0.18/min.
And yes, for maxis, you can change your prepaid line to postpaid and retain the same number. Not too sure for Digi but i think it is possible.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Ultra Racing Drift Challenge was recently held in the parking lot, in front of Batu Pahat Mall. Organised by Ultra Racing, the drift event has participants locally and from around Malaysia. The crowd turnout today was quite good. Today seems more like a practice round and the real challenge comes tommorow (Sunday, 8th of May, 2011).

I also get to meet Miss Leona Chin, spokesperson for Ultra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience