Difference between Mitsubishi Lancer & Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

84george12

Jul 13, 2005
Klang
What is the difference between Mitsubishi Lancer & Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.?
Can we convert Mitsubishi Lancer to Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution..??

flizzardo

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
Johor
the different is so much

lancer is like normal car whereas evo is a very exiting sport car yo

evo has ayc / super ayc , turbo , 4wd , brembo brake , recaro , sport rim, and so much more

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
The main difference that cannot be easily replicated is the chassis reinforcement that the Evolution gets from additional seam and spot welding. For example, the Evolution IV/V/VI is at least 50% stiffer than their donor Lancer chassis.

You can achieve this by stripping your Lancer down to bare metal and have it seam welded, but at the cost and complexity, you may as well just buy the real thing.

Other than that, everything else can be retrofitted to a standard Lancer to make it identical to a Lancer Evolution, equipment-wise.

84george12

Jul 13, 2005
Klang
Bcoz i saw Mitsubishi Lancer(50K-70K) selling cheaper than Lancer Evolution(>100k)...

so i wonder if i buy a Lancer and modify the engine and the 4WD...
anybody do that before and how much is the cost....??
want to own a Lancer Evolution by a cheaper way....:embaressed_smile: :_:

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
2WD -> 4WD is not legal by JPJ standards. But there are quite a few converts running around apparently.

Plus nowadays it's not easy to do a 1.6L -> 2.0L conversion so you'll have to find a 1.8 Lancer as the base platform. The most a 1.6L can go up to is the 1.8 GSR but those are very high in demand due to the JPJ's strict limitations on displacement upgrades, and they are also highly sought after by Waja and Gen2 owners as it's just drop-in for them.

Best you can do is a bodykit conversion. There's some pics of a kitted Lancer Cedia which fooled many into thinking it was a real Evo.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
84george12,

Hi there!!! Yeah, u r rite!!! Everyone of us 'play' cars with our own budget!!! So its nothing wrong tht u r looking for a converted Evo or wanna to convert a Lancer to an Evo urself!!! In our MLOC (v accept Lancers, Converted Lancer Evos n ori Evos), there r lotsa members driving converted Evos n trust me, they hv lotsa priceless experiences to share u!!! Hahaha... So in other words, u r in de right place to start with!!! Of cause it needs lotsa efforts n times in order to do a proper n legal conversion, but its achievable with lotsa rules n regulation applied (Such as what "prozac" hv stated above)!!!

Few of de best members to ask r Leslie, B18C-R, versace n Lancerevorry!!!

Cheers!!! :_:

Coltrain

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
althought i'm not pro in modification,
for me,i will just buy a EVO,less problem.
i think u should know that a transpalant car will got alot problem if did't done propely,and will wast time to go back garage to fix and blur blur.
for another thought,if u mod ur car from lancer to EVO,u might gain alot exp on it...anyway just my 2 cent...
final decide still on u....
cheers...

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, if u can get an ori Evo tht wil b BEST - less headache n save lotsa time!!! But i think de problem here is de BUDGET!!! Everyone of us do hv a budget to play with!!! Tht's y some of de members go for conversion... But v r all in de same family - v luv our car!!! Hahaha...

LancerEvorry

500 RPM
May 5, 2005
KL
Hi 84george12,
For my opinion, u have some option to own a EVO.
1.) Buy the ORi Evo then u have save time and can get more loan frm bank.
2.) Buy the convertte evo then u need a large mount of money for the 1st payment and only can get 70%-80% loan frm the price u purchase.
3.) Buy a Lancer then convertte to EVO, U have spend more time and more cash money to do it. For i know, nows the JPJ site is not allow the car from 1.6cc to 2.0cc. Mean cant modify over 25% frm ur car standard cc.
Heehee..this is jst wat i know there for, Correct me if i am wrong.
Or u can ask some expert like B18C-R or Leslie opinion too.
Anyway, hope u can join us........... MLOC!

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Evo III goes for around 60-70K
Evo IV selling for around 80-90K
Evo V tarak tau cos never see for like almost a year already.

So, you can get an original Evo for your budget. Only thing is not so current la. If you've set your eyes on the VI, then converted Lancers are the only thing in the range you're looking at.

I would have loved to have a VI, but unfortunately I'd have no money left over to run the car at all, so I settled for an earlier Evo. If you ask me, I'd prefer an older original rather than a newer convert. Bear in mind, most converted Lancers are also 96 or 97 models, making them almost as old as a III or a IV.

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
or u guys can buy lancer to convert to evo, i'm selling lancer now, also got evo 9 :)

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
so best of all, buy evo from me :)
haha
or lancer also can, price for lancer starts from 80k

84george12

Jul 13, 2005
Klang
Original Evo III around 60-70K, izzit true..?
Original Evo IV around 80-90K, izzit true also..?
Bcoz most of the time i search the used car in mototrader or autoworld....
That's y i join this MLOC Forum see wether i can get a Original Evo within my budget....

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
84george12,

Yep!!! De price indication tht Mr. Cannonfodder provided are pretty much there n there abt!!! Personally I luv de Evo III very much!!! If i got extra $$$, i'll get myself 1 for sure... Hehehe... :_:

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
84george12,

The prices I've listed are right, and they should be all you will want to pay for one of these models. If there're examples that ask for way more than what I've listed, ask them to justify why it should cost more. Some owners will want to pass on the cost of modifications on to you. These may add some value to the car but don't pay too much for these.

The problem with the earlier Evo's (V and earlier) is that very few were made and even fewer made it into Malaysia. Plus, once you've minused out the ones that langgar tiang and masuk longkang, there are even fewer left so most owners will tarik harga saying that "Ooh, my car is so rare".

Don't fall for that stuff. There are always, and I mean always, other cars to consider. All you need is some patience and you will find what you want to buy, for the price you want to pay.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know any difference between straight-out pipes and pipes with box?
straight-out pipes will be more noisy? or eatin more petrol?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience