Dashboard glove compartment noise

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
My glove compartment is making noise. Nothing new especially for old cars like mine. The noise is annoying. Would like to know if there's any way to stop the noise.

In my case, the noise is only heard when the car is idling but when I push in my glove compartment, no more noise. I suspect that it is not sitting properly. Is there a way to tighten or do anything to make it sit properly?

Thanks.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
very leceh bro..u gotta remove your aircond panel to get to the screws inside the dashboard....
if u have time, put a spring washers in between all screws.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I won't say the noise has completely gone but has reduced quite a lot. What I did was tightening and loosening the screws near the lock. I always kept a L-shaped screwdriver with me when driving. Every time I hear the sound, I would stop by the side and loosen or tighten. Then try driving again. After about a week, now, I am quite happy with the result. But like you said, the next time I will try to get the spring washers. But just to confirm are the ones in the attachment you were referring to?

Attachments

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
where the glovebox is hinged, wrap abit of teflon tape (white tape used for sealing waterpipe) so that the gaps at the hinges could be reduced. Teflon tape is "slippery" and soft, so it will work and fill the gaps nicely.

Imagine the glovebox is opened thousand of times in its lifetime, sure wear and tear at the hinge.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I won't say the noise has completely gone but has reduced quite a lot. What I did was tightening and loosening the screws near the lock. I always kept a L-shaped screwdriver with me when driving. Every time I hear the sound, I would stop by the side and loosen or tighten. Then try driving again. After about a week, now, I am quite happy with the result. But like you said, the next time I will try to get the spring washers. But just to confirm are the ones in the attachment you were referring to?
yeah bro thats the one...but black color..so far havent seen chrome ones yet..:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,
I need help from you guys using hard racing clutch on your Proton rides.
I'm using a Wira 1.6A body currently running on 880pounds Ralliart clutch and using GSR clutch pedal.
The problem is my firewall cracked due to the clutch is too hard.
Cracks started from the 2 diagonal holes to mount the pedal.
Previously added a thicker plate (about 1.5mm) on the firewall and some additional bars to secure the pedal. It feels much better after that but it didnt last.
Firewall crack...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience