D.I.Y Cold Air Intake & Water Injection for Carburetor

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
xtorm said:
hehe, i was telling tose tat r going to do tis DIY, else they will think biger holes r better....

u better write some warning there :P
Actually I myself is NOT an engineer or researcher :tongwink:

The size of the hole, I just follow back the size a regular stock 1.8 airbox (About 2.5 inches) Nearly the same size as my exhaust :regular_smile:

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
I think you are right, xtorm.... Thanks for the enlightenment :)

Nulla Chongla

Feb 12, 2007
Just bloody brilliant!

That's the best DIY thing I've seen on an Iswara in a long time.

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Anyway, this setup nolonger with my car now, I converted into EFi.

but the DIY was rewarding, the effect was really there.

Thanks for the comments :)

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
or maybe your engine sudah jahanam cause mix with too much water???
safer way is just use your car air-cond pipe, just lay them along the inlet of our air filter hose and when you on your air cond, then you can get cold air in your car/efi also...at least during hujan lebat, tak banjir la cab????

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Check out the pictures in PAGE 1 before you comments.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
or maybe your engine sudah jahanam cause mix with too much water???
safer way is just use your car air-cond pipe, just lay them along the inlet of our air filter hose and when you on your air cond, then you can get cold air in your car/efi also...at least during hujan lebat, tak banjir la cab????
Kendconcerto's idea is the same as most rally teams used to in their cars...his version are for carbs application...

basically, this idea known to lower in-cylinder temperatures and burn the air/fuel mixture more efficiently thus helping avoid detonation.

Please read "How a water injection system works"

Nice work dude...I'm looking for CAI/Water solution for EFI but I found urs instead...very enlightening...wonders my mom would let me drill holes in her iswara's bonnet :X-:

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Hehehehe, just dont let her found out the hole.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
so the funnel need to be as close as possible to the water tank rite.i'd like to try but still scared lerr.hehe..
by da way y u change yr engine??anything else i shud know so dat dun make any mistake ere...hehehe...

Kendconcerto

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Owwh.......

too bad my engine had a sorethoart, it guzzled up all the water....

Wat should i do arhh, amrancharger ?

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Owwh.......

too bad my engine had a sorethoart, it guzzled up all the water....

Wat should i do arhh, amrancharger ?
woa...u mean the water spill n get into yr engine izzit??if u got sorethroat sure got some tips...just take 1 tablespoon of margerine and swallow it.but for cars duno can do dat o not.....hehehe...
but i dun tink i can do like u la.cannot make scoop on my bonnet...my airfilter already too high...tink will buy CAI instead and route it according to my original filter before this...which r behind my right front light.izzit ok??then the water tank will be put into another tupperware that has some hole under it so dat water will go out as soon as possible when it spills out...hehe..duno can work o not...

Last edited:

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
guys, i have tested my teory. Its very simple teory. What you need to do is, at our air cond pipe, when its cold, it condense some water. So by putting your air filter hose at the air cond pipe (metal Part) it sucks some cold water in your inlet. I manage to get 100km in second gear, by the way, my car is a standard 1.3 8 valve LE. In the proses, I WIRA did makan some asap....try it, it works for me...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just a couple of weekends ago, we were invited to participate in a Lotus Cars-only drive to Genting Highlands along with Ex-F1 legend, current Lotus Ambassador Jean Alesi and Gino Rosato, Director of Corporate Operations at Group Lotus. It was a drive not-to-be-missed for me not just because the Genting Highlands' uphill route is still one my favourite weekend pastime, or the opportunity to drive with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience