Custom Banana exhaust manifold for AE111 toyota corolla SEG1.6

S.SIEW

Known Member
Sep 5, 2010
-
Thank you bro for such valuable info...
m still in headache for the bush issue as they seems easy to wear out...
mayb it cant stand my heavy usage as my SEG is my daily working ride n occasionally need to do some delivery up to 100kg on rough road...

for the filling liquid PU into the OEM engine mount,
is it filling it into the OEM gap on the rubber section?

Hi IketaniX,

Oh, don't worry. Once you install PU bushings (especially on your suspension components), all the heavy delivery you do won't be affected anymore.
If you put the OEM bushing side by side with PU bushing, you will see why - PU bushing is 4x firmer, and its a plastic compound.

Yes, it is filling it into the OEM gaps on the rubber section. If you DIY, then you will need to cover one side with tape first, then only fill in from the other side, so it fills in easier.

Cheers.

dannybboy87

Jan 29, 2013
Melaka
hi all

This car i am driving now is manual transmission. Previously long time ago i am using standard 14in Rim it can go up to 190KMh ... but after i change my tires to 195/50/R15 it only manage to get to 180KMh ... acceleration i tried using the current tyres is 9.4sec to reach 100KMh ... i just wanna improve the acceleration more to enable the car to reach the top speed easily on highway (just for fun though)

S.SIEW

Known Member
Sep 5, 2010
-
Hi IketaniX,

Oh, don't worry. Once you install PU bushings (especially on your suspension components), all the heavy delivery you do won't be affected anymore.
If you put the OEM bushing side by side with PU bushing, you will see why - PU bushing is 4x firmer, and its a plastic compound.

Yes, it is filling it into the OEM gaps on the rubber section. If you DIY, then you will need to cover one side with tape first, then only fill in from the other side, so it fills in easier.

Cheers.
Here is a simple video on how you can try DIY. Or teach your tuner to do it!
Link : how to fix a motor mount with window weld - YouTube

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
To All...:congrats:..
been sometime seeing this type of thread which is a good and useful discussion...
sorry even though i've gone all the above routes.. even on DIY options...
but due to my busy schedule, i'm not able to spend time to reply...

just read through my attached journey...:biggrin:

Attachments

S.SIEW

Known Member
Sep 5, 2010
-
To All...:congrats:..
been sometime seeing this type of thread which is a good and useful discussion...
sorry even though i've gone all the above routes.. even on DIY options...
but due to my busy schedule, i'm not able to spend time to reply...

just read through my attached journey...:biggrin:

Very good read and good basis for any AE modder. Thanks for sharing! This helps a lot of ppl to cut a lot of expensive corners in their modding plan as well. Congrats.

I guess this pretty much sums up why we all mod this car. Lol :adore:

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
i haven't update the doc...
4age engine and related parts already sold...
now going for 2zz...

it's a journey anyway...:biggrin:

engine is good but i can't stand on issues related to small auxiliary parts...:hmmmm:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone, I own a L200S 1990 with the later EF-RL engine fitted. Its currently standard apart from a dual stage boost controller. I'm running 14psi but the little RHB31 turbo isnt liking it. I'm a member of http://keikarsinthepark.co.uk/index.php?action=forum

I' after some useful contacts and i really need a new turbo or hybrid turbo ASAP. There are NO tuners or tuning parts in the uk, so i hope some of you guys can help me out?

My username on the above link is GRUSS...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience