AE111 stock exhaust diameter

onnaj

Feb 8, 2013
Limburg (NL)
Hello,

I've rebuild and swapped a 4AGE 20V Blacktop in my 1998 Celica ST. It's running pretty decent already but i feel some power is missing and a dyno has confirmed this. I have about 148 hp of the 165 that should be there. When the car was dyno'd the engine had only 2800 km. Since then it feels a lot more responsive already but still i know some hp are missing.

I'm using the stock 7AFE exhaust now, which has the following piping: 2.5" for the catalytic converter -> 1.7" for the middle section and 1.5" for the last section. Yes that are stock Celica sizes and pretty small. I planned to go for a 2" middle section and use an OEM Celica 3SGE muffler (1.9" or almost 2"). I don't want a noisy ride and am not looking for max performance. I want a smooth ride with some torque left :)

But before ordering the exhaust can someone please tell me the stock exhaust diameter of the blacktop? I believe it's 2" (that's what most people told me thusfar), but some say it's 2.25". Can't believe it being 2.25" while aftermarket ones like the TRD are 2.3".

Thanks!

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Hello,

I've rebuild and swapped a 4AGE 20V Blacktop in my 1998 Celica ST. It's running pretty decent already but i feel some power is missing and a dyno has confirmed this. I have about 148 hp of the 165 that should be there. When the car was dyno'd the engine had only 2800 km. Since then it feels a lot more responsive already but still i know some hp are missing.

I'm using the stock 7AFE exhaust now, which has the following piping: 2.5" for the catalytic converter -> 1.7" for the middle section and 1.5" for the last section. Yes that are stock Celica sizes and pretty small. I planned to go for a 2" middle section and use an OEM Celica 3SGE muffler (1.9" or almost 2"). I don't want a noisy ride and am not looking for max performance. I want a smooth ride with some torque left :)

But before ordering the exhaust can someone please tell me the stock exhaust diameter of the blacktop? I believe it's 2" (that's what most people told me thusfar), but some say it's 2.25". Can't believe it being 2.25" while aftermarket ones like the TRD are 2.3".

Thanks!
Bill Sherwood write this in his website :
"One thing to note is that Toyota are telling fibs when they state the power output of the 20 valve engines - on all of the dyno reports I've ever heard of them, they only make around the 145hp - 150hp mark."
Bill Sherwood's Modified 4AGE Page

based on that i think ur engine is running good.. but if u wanna more power change extractor to an aftermarket 1.. exhaust diameter will help on d power also :wink:

if i were to get more power from an engine, i'd put HKS or Apex start from extractor all d way to d back.. but that's just me :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

And get a high flow air filter too

Gudluck :burnout:

Merovingian

May 8, 2008
Would u suggest buying a 2ng hand extractor like FGK or custom build one?..... and does anyone have proven exhaust diameters for the blacktop?.... any suggestions on places to build exhaust systems in Ipoh?....

onnaj

Feb 8, 2013
Limburg (NL)
I discovered past week that my stock 7AFE downpipe is the biggest restriction with a diameter of only 1.5". Stock downpipe from the AE111 is almost 2.25". So i've ordered a stock downpipe.

After visiting this website: How To Calculate Muffler Size and Exhaust Pipe Diameter | Exhaust Videos i decided to go for 2" OD (about 1.85" ID). Also i did found out that the Honda Integra Type R uses a 2.1" exhaust (on some places even 1.9") and that car is good for 200 HP stock. So 2" must be sport on for the 20V i think.

So my setup will be (all in outside diameters):
Stock downpipe: 2.25"
Stock cat: 2.5"
Custom centre section: 2" with Simons chambered muffler (i absolutely don't want a noisy droning car)
OEM Toyota Celica 2.0 3SGE rear section: 2" chambered muffler

When the exhaust is ready i'll post my experiences over here.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using proton wira 1.5 i (auto). I.m having a problem with the RPM of my car its very especially when I stopped a car and still in gear mode.The fuel pedal sometimes it makes a movement when I released it (can feel it slightly movement). Some of my friends said it due to the throttle body need to be services. Is it because of that ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience