Levin Twin Exhaust or single exhaust ?

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
I just finish transplant my car to 4age 20v blacktop auto. thinking of improving the exhaust system as it is now connect to my old 4afe exhaust.

1. i would like to know the different between levin twin exhaust performance compare with single s-flow exhaust (fgk, tanabe). i am looking for exhaust that is quiet but if can make it quiet when idle and if noise when high rpm, i am also looking into it.

2. what is the original size of stock blacktop 20v header pipping size?

Thanks

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
FGK is silent when idling, when high rpm even stock exhaust also noisy lol.
The other advantage of aftermarket exhaust is it is lighter than stock.
The header at the 1 section is 2.3 inches.

Alot of previous exhaust thread to look at

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
FGK is silent when idling, when high rpm even stock exhaust also noisy lol.
The other advantage of aftermarket exhaust is it is lighter than stock.
The header at the 1 section is 2.3 inches.

Alot of previous exhaust thread to look at
yes quite a few on performance exhaust setup. in some old forum, it seems alot of ppl wan to get twin exhaust and also in one side alot of ppl switch to other exhaust like hks, apexi. so i would like to know what is their view on it since some of them had test different exhaust. As for sound, i only know s-flow will be quiet. i did try to listen to youtube but still unable to decide on it.

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Have been using twin muffler since swap to BT 6 speed a couple years ago. This is my exhaust of choice since it is quiet, since this car is still my family main transport. But even at idle this exhaust still noisy compared to 4AFE exhaust.
Better not rev too high since you are still using 4AFE exhaust, some people say 4afe too restrictive, will cause too damage to 4AGE 20v engine.

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
Have been using twin muffler since swap to BT 6 speed a couple years ago. This is my exhaust of choice since it is quiet, since this car is still my family main transport. But even at idle this exhaust still noisy compared to 4AFE exhaust.
Better not rev too high since you are still using 4AFE exhaust, some people say 4afe too restrictive, will cause too damage to 4AGE 20v engine.
yes i heard they mention that 4afe exhaust is restrictive, so i need to change to others. they mention that twim exhaust got a controller to direct the flow according to the gas flow, is it correct?

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
No the stock twin exhaust dont have any controller. The controller is a mod by using a throttle body valve.
If you use 4afe exhaust it wont damage the engine, it will damage the exhaust, your piping will crack very fast, seen some cases but never hear people damage engine because of exhaust pipe.

Blacktop idling sound from engine is definitely higher than stock, especially if you change the header, most of the time the sound come from engine because if it come from exhaust i will not be able to hear my stereo

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
use an original levin twin muffler

very shiok one.. :top:

i've use it b4 on my SVT auto.. better than 'pakar ekzos' set

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
use an original levin twin muffler

very shiok one.. :top:

i've use it b4 on my SVT auto.. better than 'pakar ekzos' set
dzul, do you use BT exhaust header plus SVT twin muffler?
or you have different combination?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
dzul, do you use BT exhaust header plus SVT twin muffler?
or you have different combination?
my previous setup is :

-SVT engine auto trans
-SVT ori header
-SVT ori twin muffler

and i think BT & SVT use the same header.. i think

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
bt 4 section slightly bigger than st...minuscule different only...but surely there is some improvement if st use bt headers...the person who bought my stock header vouch for it...

but after market/performance one is another story...different ballpark altogether...and since thread stater engine is bt...then save up for after market one...immediately will notice the different... poison poison :listen:

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
bt 4 section slightly bigger than st...minuscule different only...but surely there is some improvement if st use bt headers...the person who bought my stock header vouch for it...

but after market/performance one is another story...different ballpark altogether...and since thread stater engine is bt...then save up for after market one...immediately will notice the different... poison poison :listen:
whoooa poison very deep lar... got ppl recommend but .. budget constraint at this moment. that is y looking into exhaust part .. header if change maybe local make.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
compare stock and aftermarket header side by side visually then you will notice the "big" different...

local made also can...after all it just bent pipes only...there some local made header that copy/duplicate those big name/brand one minus the RnD...that should suffice already...

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Its not just few bent pipes lol, mandrel or not can make big difference, there is a thread about Honda headers, and you can see some designs not only didnt gain HP, it loses while some design gains over 30HP.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
yeah agreed lkeong88...not all local made are good...but not all bad also...just dont go get from those "kedai-stock-macam-bukit"...

what i meant was...there are some local made that "visually" impressive as Japanese after market counterparts...performance wise...i dont dare comment...

pic attached some sample...made in shah alam...kredit goes to Ceramok motorsport...and of coz there is tonnka if you wanna go overboard customizing your headers...

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i saw the thread topic of these things. what are body strenghten?
means old chassis like 15 years above cars the metals are become weak so go strenghten the chassis to make it solid back or what?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience