CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
guys,if anyone of you know kendrick aka SoYouThinkYouCanDrive aka zthis aka iltbzth aka sr18autech aka tigger5251 aka dorift0 aka nurburing aka zthissohai aka foofis aka newbienissan, pls tell him to stop stir things up.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...tention-to-all-forumers-on-kendrick-wong.html

not intend to get off topic but i've seen he is kinda active in this thread so i believe some of u guys mind know him in person.pls pass the message to him if possible.

jerry tan

May 23, 2010
Selangor
VTEC = variable valve timing & electronic shift control
MIVEC = Mitsubishi intelligent variable valve electronic shift control
VVT-i = variable valve timing - intelligent
DVVT = dynamic variable valve timing

and finally
CPS = cha piah sistem

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
guys,if anyone of you know kendrick aka SoYouThinkYouCanDrive aka zthis aka iltbzth aka sr18autech aka tigger5251 aka dorift0 aka nurburing aka zthissohai aka foofis aka newbienissan, pls tell him to stop stir things up.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...tention-to-all-forumers-on-kendrick-wong.html

not intend to get off topic but i've seen he is kinda active in this thread so i believe some of u guys mind know him in person.pls pass the message to him if possible.
thank u moderator 5115,
plz dont edit anything, im discussing perfectly well here, and also alot ppl pm me as well too. just get on with live peaceful, nothing personal

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hahaha...jerry...

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
hello ppl,

did i stir things up here ? hmmmm, sorry if i did. i was sharing according to my experience. thank u.

continue topic....

dear 5115 moderator, plz give me infraction or saman, if i post anything offensive here, thank u.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
All,

One of the the purpose of forum is to share experiance and knowledge.
There is no 100% correct or wrong.

Btw, appreciate if all of u can stick to the topic. U all may back to CPS, VVTI & DVVT technology road map.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Guys,

my cps FC is improve after feed with Vtec -LEV.
I strongly believe that good FC on Honda i-VTEC is closely relate with engine oil.
Now my FC is 450km++ @ RM60
Petronas Ron95.

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Thanks bro for the correction....mind was sleeping at that time la...

bro not Altis meh? :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

BTW, how does the dual VVT-I work on Altis? For the new Hyundai Sonata, it has dual CVVT with 163hp & torque at 198Nm for a 2L category. Also, the block or pistion is Aluminium alloy,something similar to Vios's technology. I have heard Vios travelling mostly on highway can reach more than 600km in a full petrol. Not sure about what speed it's travelling though.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Are we missing anything here? Who is Jerry btw?

Hahaha...jerry...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
GSR...refer back to jerry's post...CPS...

max327

Aug 16, 2010
N/A
Guys,

my cps FC is improve after feed with Vtec -LEV.
I strongly believe that good FC on Honda i-VTEC is closely relate with engine oil.
Now my FC is 450km++ @ RM60
Petronas Ron95.
hi all,

for FC, shall we use units like liter/100km, or km/liter instead of RM/km?
easier for FUTURE reference.
cause the petrol price keep changing.
RM60 RON95 for 450km (RON95 = RM1.85/l)
= 7.2l/100km
= 13.88km/l

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
I have to say thank you for sharing this. Based on the previous threads, it's a long summary and story :)

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
I have to say thank you for sharing this. Based on the previous threads, it's a long summary and story :)
dear gsr06,

we are here to discuss technical n experience, once step out in realife, nobody meets nobody from the forum, not in a million years unless purposely held up a tt. so i dont see the point 5115 is trying to busuk my name. in real life wanted to talk just only on the phone with 5115, but was ignore. what is the point not to talk but only busuk other name by only typing words.

plz dont edit or delete this, 5115. forum will never be real life. if dont agree with my opinion no need to bang me this way, moderator. if u 5115 got better experience worth while plz share with me, at least i know u got something n listen to u, not showing off ur power as mod here. according to u 5115, we should treat each other like the way in realife, then u mark ur own words n post maturely n peacefully. dun dig story 2-3yrs old again, like u said in all ur pm u sent me.

lets get on with the topic

Last edited:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Bro, chill down. I appreciate all the sharings up to this point and like what boyzone said, there is no 100% right or wrong in a forum... cheers :driver:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
VTEC = variable valve timing & electronic shift control
MIVEC = Mitsubishi intelligent variable valve electronic shift control
VVT-i = variable valve timing - intelligent
DVVT = dynamic variable valve timing

and finally
CPS = cha piah sistem

haha..

aww come on now.
it's their 1st time doin a variable valve thingy.

hopefully they'll be able to do both cams later on.

wishlist for proton (when they 'technically' grow up later):

-variable valve engagement on both cams

-a better variable length intake manifold to complement the above.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
thank u moderator 5115,
plz dont edit anything, im discussing perfectly well here, and also alot ppl pm me as well too. just get on with live peaceful, nothing personal
don't see any point to edit my own post like you.am just telling ppl to aware of you and tell you to stop doing stupid things if they manage to meet you in person.am just doing my job as moderator since you don't take my advise.

hello ppl,

did i stir things up here ? hmmmm, sorry if i did. i was sharing according to my experience. thank u.

continue topic....

dear 5115 moderator, plz give me infraction or saman, if i post anything offensive here, thank u.
yes,you stir things up here in zth and i've gave you 2 infraction before our PMs i posted in your thread.are you looking for something better or more efficient?well,i guess the update in the thread regarding you is more than enough.your sms shows that it works.

yes, back to topic.
yeah,back to topic after all the "clarification"?

dear gsr06,

we are here to discuss technical n experience, once step out in realife, nobody meets nobody from the forum, not in a million years unless purposely held up a tt. so i dont see the point 5115 is trying to busuk my name. in real life wanted to talk just only on the phone with 5115, but was ignore. what is the point not to talk but only busuk other name by only typing words.

plz dont edit or delete this, 5115. forum will never be real life. if dont agree with my opinion no need to bang me this way, moderator. if u 5115 got better experience worth while plz share with me, at least i know u got something n listen to u, not showing off ur power as mod here. according to u 5115, we should treat each other like the way in realife, then u mark ur own words n post maturely n peacefully. dun dig story 2-3yrs old again, like u said in all ur pm u sent me.

lets get on with the topic
nobody busuk your name,u deserved all these.i don't know you in realife,what started in forums,end it in forums.

sorry guys for the interruption,will keep my eyes in this thread and delete/edit any post that OOT here.

max327

Aug 16, 2010
N/A
while my previous post explain the difference of CPS (which uses the tappet) vs other cam lifting techno, take note most other techno use rocker arms (VTEC, VVL, MIVEC) to make the cam shifting.

CPS as use in campro cps is similar to porsche variocam plus, just that porsche also have the VVT (like i-vtec)

the middle picture shows "high lift", the little green part in the tappet is engaged, locking the outer and inner tappet. low cam not touching the inner tappet.

picture on the right shows "low lift", the inner tappet seems "protrude" out to touch the low cam in the middle. actually is the high lift cam on the outside pushing the outer tappet down without acting on the valve.

below is a bigger picture showing the "low lift". sliding pin in red not engaging.

the inner tappet ALWAYS contact with the valve.

here is a picture for the campro CPS head (courtesy of kevin from bluedevil76 dot blogspot dot com)
take note that the difference between the high and low cam not as significant as the one in porsche

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi GUYS ...
plss help me here ..
i urgently need a weber carburator
my car is toyota gl 1.3 ( k370)
if anyone got contact or have one ..do call me or pm me ..
012-9163905 ( GOBBI )

thankss ppl
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience