CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Sorry bro for the confusion. For N/A, the best setting is still 14" or even 15". Nowadays, I see everyone is using bigger rims for Vios, MyVi, CPS, CTEC, etc. I don't know how to powerslide and I don't drive fast but I fly slow only :P

now u talking about turbo engine, ofcoz 16" is the minimum. I was talking about na engine since this thread is about na variable engines. anyway, i practice sliding whenever im free in industrial area carparks in weekends. just practising for personal enjoyment.

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
hahah, bigger rims on 1.6 cars look cool, but bad fc. but i must admit 16" onwards car will feel alot firm and safe when highspeed. but for spirited fast drive, 15" is still best. anyway, whatever rim its dependant on the owner's likings n driving style. some pp like grip, some like to slide, some like in-between. very subjective

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Yes, you are definitely right and it depends on the driver's preference. For me, I like power with grip, so have to go for the min 16" size and I am loving it so far. BTW, have you had any experience with CPS thus far? I am very interested to know its true capability and lots of people are going for turbocharging it to gain more horses...

hahah, bigger rims on 1.6 cars look cool, but bad fc. but i must admit 16" onwards car will feel alot firm and safe when highspeed. but for spirited fast drive, 15" is still best. anyway, whatever rim its dependant on the owner's likings n driving style. some pp like grip, some like to slide, some like in-between. very subjective

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
i personally drive a cps satria neo up genting once (my kolig's car, he was tired resting as passenger). running on the stock rim besi. for my personal preference, cps on a satria neo climbing genting hill (awana to first world), the power is not bad but the pull wasnt thrilling. comparing to mivec, neoVVL or vtec pull, cps is no where near >.<

BUT,this satria neo is hell of a car in handling, GOOD HANDLING! believe it or not, on the way up near the genting tokong all the way up to first world, a wira gsr shown up, and i push hard on the satria neo and satria neo won by 2 steep corners upon reaching first world.

that is all, im not proton supporter, but neo is very good handling car.

Last edited:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
The torque might not be comparable to MIVEC or VTEC for sure and what about the power bandwidth i.e. did you feel a sudden drop of power at certain RPM? I haven't driven one CPS before and I can't compare it though. What is neoVVL btw?

The good handling part might be due to Lotus tuned handling...I still can't believe GSR will lose to SNeo CPS la...as it is 1.6L vs 1.8L with turbocharged engine. I will bet all my $$$ on the GSR to win in all categories. Maybe that guy didn't floor the pedal kot?

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
yah, GSR is faster than Sneo. even neo cps is no way to follow GSR in uphill.

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
[/COLOR]
The torque might not be comparable to MIVEC or VTEC for sure and what about the power bandwidth i.e. did you feel a sudden drop of power at certain RPM? I haven't driven one CPS before and I can't compare it though. What is neoVVL btw?

The good handling part might be due to Lotus tuned handling...I still can't believe GSR will lose to SNeo CPS la...as it is 1.6L vs 1.8L with turbocharged engine. I will bet all my $$$ on the GSR to win in all categories. Maybe that guy didn't floor the pedal kot?
well, if that the case, then i could only say the gsr wira is not pushing....but i can hear frantic blow-off efforts.....not familar to genting's hairpin and cornering speed also another factor why the gsr did not push hard.

but no matter what, we still all lose to genting b13 taxi :D

for the cps powerband, below 4000rpm is abit unstable, 4000rpm onwards is ok. imho, if the satria neo cps engine internal done up abit, replace with after market exhaust system, it should perform well coz the handling is really good, despite it was only rim besi with the entry-level sime tyres, the car slides n grip constantly. everything is in control

Last edited:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Bro, the blow-off valve sound hor, I believe the rpm is above 3k during uphill and when you release a bit of the pedal, you would hear the sound eventhough that guy wasn't pushing hard...I know the true capabilty of GSR though. If you wanna beat the b13 taxi, you need to go uphill and downhill everyday :P Practise makes perfect ma.

For SNeow CPS, at what rpm the CPS starts to give effect? I truly believe turbocharging it will give the best results. I love the SNeo design though...it looks very sporty and aggresive !

Newbienissan

Banned
Jul 19, 2010
earth
but if a gsr wira zoom up and cuts everycar up genting, tak kan he "not even trying" when he was chasing me.....heheh....

anyway, a hatch always beats sedan in the sense of handling n power to weight ratio, sometimes not how much power a car can produce, its how much maximum handling limit a car can handle, if a corner maximum speed is 80kmh and the hatch is able to push hard n slow down in time, attack the corner then out of it, vice versa a sedan wanted to do so but unable to slow down in time then the sedan canot take the corner at 80kmh as the hatch can. if one corner slow by 2 seconds, 10 corners will be 20seconds.

then why not the satria neo beat the wira gsr ? even my friend who lepak genting 6 yrs ago, from satria 4g13 to a stock myvi, he still very fast.....car weight factor n also driver factor.

but this is just my sharing la, everyone thinks differently, so its kinda subjective :)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
david...not exactly correct....

i bet if u watch WTCC/BTCC races u'll see the outcomes....

when they race at wide track with medium-highspeed corners,sedan/coupe would win/gain advantage over hatch......

when it comes to narrow track with a lot of tight corners then u'll see a lot of hatch becomes front runner....(especially Seat Leon TDi)

tight corners=good for short wheelbase car=bad for longwheelbase car...because hatch was nimble and can change direction easily compared to longer car req. more effort to change direction...

wide-open corners=good for longwheelbase car=bad for shortwheelbase car....because short car unstable during high-speed corners with high G-force..where risk to get snap-oversteer is high...

but overall performance return backs to the tuner...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
[/COLOR]

well, if that the case, then i could only say the gsr wira is not pushing....but i can hear frantic blow-off efforts.....not familar to genting's hairpin and cornering speed also another factor why the gsr did not push hard.

but no matter what, we still all lose to genting b13 taxi :D

for the cps powerband, below 4000rpm is abit unstable, 4000rpm onwards is ok. imho, if the satria neo cps engine internal done up abit, replace with after market exhaust system, it should perform well coz the handling is really good, despite it was only rim besi with the entry-level sime tyres, the car slides n grip constantly. everything is in control
even if the GSR had more power den a CPS, on twisty roads, its a different game dah.. touge is determined more by skills instead of engine power, the neo has a very good chasis to start with, even better then a wira. the new generation protons have good handling characteristics, kudos!!! now, if they can give their cars more power.. it wud be perfect

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
...We can talk until all the cows come home and congrats for winning the first round. Out of curiousity, how did you know it was a GSR?

yes, i'd say satria neo won coz of good handling for the touge

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all Sifu's and Happy Hari Raya to all Malay ZTH,
I need some advised on what should i need to mods my MyVi 1.5 car..I just want a normal mod's thats can bring me some Torque n Improve the car performance..
I am thinking changing the Air Filter,suspension and Exhaust...Any others thats i can do more???

Please advised..

Thanks to all..

:driver::driver::driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience