Country is going bankrupt by 2019 but Agong gets a NEW palace

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
from malaysianinsider.

KUALA LUMPUR, June 14 — The new Istana Negara in Jalan Duta will now cost more than RM800 million, and not RM400 million as announced by the government in 2006. Deputy Works Minister Datuk Yong Khoon Seng said the cost includes the construction of a new RM130 million flyover leading to the palace in Jalan Duta, and upgrading works on Jalan Changkat Semantan costing RM32.5 million.

He added that the flyover project and the road upgrading works were awarded to Ahmad Zaki Resources and Kejuruteraan Kenari respectively through direct negotiation. The Istana Negara complex itself will cost around RM650 million and the project was awarded to Maya Maju, also through direct negotiation. The palace will be completed by February next year.

“The figure announced by the former minister did not include the details, before the negotiation,” said Yong when responding to DAP’s Taiping MP Nga Kor Ming. Nga pointed out that former works minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu had said in 2006 that the new palace would only cost RM400 million.

He said he was also shocked with the government’s reply that the projects were awarded through direct negotiations.
“This is against the principles of the New Economic Model. According to the Treasury, any procurement of more than RM200,000 must be made through open tender,” said Nga.

“How is it possible for the cost to increase by 100 per cent within five years?” he asked, before questioning if the cost overruns were caused by the practice of direct negotiations. In defending the ballooning cost, Yong said the project was special as it is the first time the country is building an Istana Negara for the Yang DiPertuan Agong. He added that the project also requires additional security measures.

The existing Istana Negara, located in Jalan Istana, was originally a private residence which was bought by the Selangor government after the Second World War. It was later acquired by the federal government in 1957 to be converted to the Istana Negara.
sien la... we all suffering like hell but the govt keep giving contracts through direct nego to their cronies...

btw, why does agong need a new palace? might as well use the 800 million to help the poor, give out more scholarships. :stupid:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
rakyat yang bankrupt lah....

not them... :burnout:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
guys...better if just read the news and pass on to everybody u know but dont comment about it here....these sort of discussions are not advisable where we live, if u get my drift...

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
I don't want to comment much on "why need to build another palace?" coz I don't know... but what I do know there's a few times of price increment of building materials since 2006 to 2010...I can say double the price is make sense coz in 2006 the steel price around RM1100-1300 per tonne, in 2008 the price exploded to RM3200-3600 per tonne due to petrol price increment and the price go down back in 2009 to RM2000-2300 until now since the petrol price got down...but still the price remain double from original in 2006...not to say the price of cements , concrete , cranes' let etc...

Nga (DAP) said so much about the direct nego issue...why not ask him back do DAP gov in Penang follow the new economic model??? aiya...everybody also know...
cut the politics talk....and start save the rakyat...cheers...

Last edited:

kkho99

4,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Visit site
I don't want to comment much on "why need to build another palace?" coz I don't know... but what I do know there's a few times of price increment of building materials since 2006 to 2010...I can say double the price is make sense coz in 2006 the steel price around RM1100-1300 per tonne, in 2008 the price exploded to RM3200-3600 per tonne due to petrol price increment and the price go down back in 2009 to RM2000-2300 until now since the petrol price got down...but still the price remain double from original in 2006...not to say the price of cements , concrete , cranes' let etc...

Nga (DAP) said so much about the direct nego issue...why not ask him back do DAP gov in Penang follow the new economic model??? aiya...everybody also know...
cut the politics talk....and start save the rakyat...cheers...
i guest parts of proton oso made from matel rite....why never see proton increase so much!!!:stupid:

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
i guest parts of proton oso made from matel rite....why never see proton increase so much!!!:stupid:
coz proton's parts didn't use steel for building structure to make their parts...:hmmmm: if they use it the proton's car weight will be like a tank.

kkho99

4,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Visit site
mean that material to build the palace is not 100% steel n sand + cement rite…

The question is how could they increase 100% n never tell us the reason…. Why! Where! How!

I dun mind build a palace but the increments for the cost really can’t accept.

read more .... http://www1.malaysiakini.com/news/134543

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
800Mil....I can do so much with 800Mil.

1.Donate 150Mil to GreenPeace.
2.Donate 150Mil to WWF.
3. Use 150Mil to throw a 2 days party for the whole of ZTH with chicks and beers.
4. Build a drift park the size of Dataran Merdeka.
5. Take some money and invest to Afghanistan for mining...(lately the US found plenty of new resources there.
6. Expand even further my current business...

Well, it's just a dream....hahahahaha

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
the 800m seems more like a "want" rather than a "need"

jpoplover

7,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2009
Nilai
800Mil....I can do so much with 800Mil.

1.Donate 150Mil to GreenPeace.
2.Donate 150Mil to WWF.
3. Use 150Mil to throw a 2 days party for the whole of ZTH with chicks and beers.
4. Build a drift park the size of Dataran Merdeka.
5. Take some money and invest to Afghanistan for mining...(lately the US found plenty of new resources there.
6. Expand even further my current business... (invest in av industries at japan)

Well, it's just a dream....hahahahaha
edited

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Straight to the point. Based on the history, money spent for big project usually were for buying 'something'. As Perkasa make so many noise, the gov may have to 'reduce' some noise (from them or others) by giving out money, so that certain target can be achieved. BTW, this money also indirectly channeled to a lot of peoples' pocket, including plenty of blue collar personnel or even an office cleaner. I admit that I don't know much about the story but if it is true then my guess should be 'kena' a bit if not 100%. The gov is not stupid until pour water onto their own BBQ pit that just lighten up. Everything has a reason.

Some people may think that using the money to help some people will be better but how many time and how long should the gov carry on? Keep on helping is just like continuously pumping drug to someone. They will never able to stand up by themselves. i don't really know what is poor but I guess it will be very difficult to find a person that become so poor until need to wear a fck up underwear that full of holes and only afford to wash it once a month. Those who complain about fuel price or electricity price high, but still driving a car and living with fan (or aircond), can ask your friends and relative or even people from ZTH if you deserve a single cent which give away bythe gov to help poor people. Not a rich man so don't act like one. Lives within your mean. Agong new palace has nothing directly effecting our daily life so focusing on how to make own life better is always better than complaining but not doing anything.

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
mean that material to build the palace is not 100% steel n sand + cement rite…

The question is how could they increase 100% n never tell us the reason…. Why! Where! How!

I dun mind build a palace but the increments for the cost really can’t accept.

read more .... http://www1.malaysiakini.com/news/134543
yes...for sure to build a palace will not using 100% steel,cement,concrete etc...but normally 60-70% of building cost is from here...and according to the news the cost including the road upgrading works...and bitumen cost really high now...sigh..

The overall cost...I think is reasonable...but whether this is a 'want' or 'need'....it's up to individual perspectives.

For me...it's for our Agong :adore:...for our country image...for sure need the best of the best...other country all around world also did the same...

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
CSL,

i'm not saying that the govt should just give away the 800m cash to poor people. 800m for a palace, then 800m for the parliament relocation to putrajaya, that is 1.6b already. every year we read about poor students who aced their exams only to be denied scholarships and whereby the scholarships were given to kids with rich and/or connected parents. that 1.6b can be redistributed to those poor students (15,000 applicants) which means each student can still get rm 106k to help with their undergraduate and/or post graduate studies. last year, only 1,500 scholarships were given out and this year, there is a plan to remove the 1,500 scholarships altogether. how the hell are the students going to further their studies? use monopoly money? use the chinese hell notes?

are you saying that the future of 15,000 young malaysians are not worth the comfort of HRH and also a few hundred politicians? are you saying that the govt should NOT carry on helping the next generation? we're not talking about blindly giving away cash here... :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

dun say so much.... nanti kasi lu C4....:vroam:
then why are you in here? :hmmmm:

btw, u r the one who bring up the C4 issue so this means that u're saying the govt will use C4 on us which means you're defaming the govt. the rest of us are just talking about what was written in the news so who is in more trouble now? :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was looking a wireman for my car HID...
who know how 2 install HID on a myvi pls call me...
Good Payment

016-914 2635
(MingFai)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience