Come September would you pump RON95 or RON97?

mcwk

Jun 15, 2009
Um, perhaps we have drifted far, far off topic already...?

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
Yeah we sure did.... One question... How do we know what kind of petrol we pump into our tank?
Is there any way we can know. BTW, if we remember back in June 08, when the price suddenly rise to RM2.70 for RON97, there was a move from NGOs' to push the government to sell RON95 to less lower income group and RON99 for rich people. If RON95 priced at RM1.75, then RON99 can sell at RM2.00, rite?

What happen to that movement? I'm sure we in ZTH also can voice our opinion about the petrol selling scheme. Ramai-ramai takkan tak boleh kot?

Bump: we ZTH people are true drivers who knows what happen in our cars even inside the combustion chamber.....

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
Haaa??? How does it smell?

Is it Malaysian fuel station really that bad? Only minimal RON92, RON95 and RON97.
This US gas station tell different story

BTW, Another quote from Wikipedia:-
.....most European pumps deliver 95 RON as "EuroSuper" or "EuroPremium" (equivalent to 90–91 AKI). In Germany, Great Britain and some other countries, 98 RON as "SuperPlus" (93-94 AKI) is available almost everywhere.......

We have 92, 95 and 97.

Shell V-Power what rating? RON99? Since priced so expensive. Almost RM120 to fill my AE92 to the fuel cap mouth. Only one time then never fill with it again. No difference, still knocking

Last edited:

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
yes,the v-power itself have a lot of rating..i have read it on wikipedia..

for malaysia it use RON99..

generally i can define which one is ron 92 or 97 and ron 99 only by it colour..

ron92=yellow
ron97=green
ron99=purple

to define 92 and 97 a bit difficult coz the colour almost a same if u see with a naked eye..

different person,different eyes..hihi..but v-power confirm it purple..:biggrin:

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
Well IMHO if with manufacturers who develop their own engines can achieve better fuel efficiency with RON95 and better torque and power curve we need not be complaining that much on Petrol prices. Also the government should also invest in companies that make fuel efficient products~ their return for investment there should be directed back to the people in tax returns which also translates to better buying power and rise the standard of living.

Bump: Well IMHO if with manufacturers who develop their own engines can achieve better fuel efficiency with RON95 and better torque and power curve we need not be complaining that much on Petrol prices. Also the government should also invest in companies that make fuel efficient products~ their return for investment there should be directed back to the people in tax returns which also translates to better buying power and rise the standard of living.

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
Well IMHO if with manufacturers who develop their own engines can achieve better fuel efficiency with RON95 and better torque and power curve we need not be complaining that much on Petrol prices. Also the government should also invest in companies that make fuel efficient products~ their return for investment there should be directed back to the people in tax returns which also translates to better buying power and rise the standard of living.
Any way, i think we should read our car's operating manual first, check our required RON grade before claiming this RON sucks, this RON is great..... like some Perodua owner claiming that V-Power feels great unlike Primax 3, but never knew that Perodua cars only need RON90. They say they frighten to fill up with Prima 92 cos it will cause engine problem...LOL!

Can somebody post RON requirement for specific cars? Like Kelisa - RON90, Saga 8V - RON95 etc etc

Bump:
Any way, i think we should read our car's operating manual first, check our required RON grade before claiming this RON sucks, this RON is great..... like some Perodua owner claiming that V-Power feels great unlike Primax 3, but never knew that Perodua cars only need RON90. They say they frighten to fill up with Prima 92 cos it will cause engine problem...LOL!

Can somebody post RON requirement for specific cars? Like Kelisa - RON90, Saga 8V - RON95 etc etc

andrew lsp

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
v power is blue (light blue) contain 5% ethanol

yes correct assume the car require only ron 90
but dont forget lower ron octane will retard ignition timing
please try it when your car going uphill
you will feel different

make sure not mixed petrol
test on second tank please

Last edited:

Janson911

Known Member
Feb 1, 2008
Hoho...I not need worry about put low grade petrol(RON95) can loose power d....I also find the way to adjust the ignition timing with distributor adjusting n now planning have to put super power MSD ignition system.....hehehe:nurse:

Bump: Hoho...I not need worry about put low grade petrol(RON95) can loose power d....I also find the way to adjust the ignition timing with distributor adjusting n now planning have to put super power MSD ignition system.....hehehe:nurse:

Bump: Hoho...I not need worry about put low grade petrol(RON95) can loose power d....I also find the way to adjust the ignition timing with distributor adjusting n now planning have to put super power MSD ignition system.....hehehe:nurse:

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
recently there was an article publish on our local newspaper explaining about RON..the article is from Chevron or better known as Caltex spokesperson..actually it turn out to be all this RON fuss is not necessary..higher RON simply means it could withstand high compression ratio which result in less pre-ignition..in japan, the place where turbo and valve timing tech is worshipped, they even use RON 91..and the power delivery difference is insignificant..so i tried tried RON 92, and with a little tweak at the distributor and TPS, everything is as sweet as RON 97..my recommendation is, before start pumping or when running on RON 95, tune your car to suit RON 95..those who is using ignition coil, send your car to reset the ECU/auto retard/knock sensor or whatever..and those who is using distributor, retard it when engine knocking occurs..but be careful, too much retard also can cause engine knocking.. :cheers:

Last edited:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
The decision has been made and the motion passed....

Now from September onwards RON97 will cost RM2.00 and RON92 will be phased out in favour of RON95 which will cost RM1.75 per litre.

So the question is...would you fill in your beloved ride with RON95 or Ron 97 when September comes?

Personally I would stick to RON97. I survived the RM2.70 per litre era.... so RM2.00 per litre would not hurt that much.
user manual sez i only need RON91. so why i wanna waste money on higher RON fuel?
fer the record, i am not driving a turbocharged,vvti'd, 600bhp, awd that runs at 2 bar, fer crying out loud.

check yur car's user manual, get to know your car's requirements.
it'll save you a lot. :burnout:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nowadays, Many cars do not come with an Audible lock and unlock sound. Not like those days (Beep Beep)... To install after market in a shop, might cost anywhere between RM 80 - 160 just for the beep beep sound...

This was a circuit design and DIY I did 5 years ago... Posted in LancerGT Club Forum, now sharing it over here as it is applicable universally..

----------

I made 2 versions.. 1 is very very simple.. just need a normal relay with a Siren... HOWEVER, version 1 will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience