Cleaning carpets

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
What is a product that I can use to spray and clean my car carpets that is easy to use, effective, not too watery, and has no to little leftover smell?

I usually just take them out and wash them with soap, but I am wondering if there's a shortcut. Thanks.

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Any of those OTC(over the counter) foaming upholstery cleaners. Spray, brush, and wipe with damp cloth.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Is that a good emoticon or what? Hahahhaa
Learnt it from MightyCarMods. It's convenient too.
That icon means good idea! I totally forgot all about water-based vacuums.

Any of those OTC(over the counter) foaming upholstery cleaners. Spray, brush, and wipe with damp cloth.
I have tried them before but messy with all that foam and they leave behind a smell for days in the car cabin, not unpleasant but got smell nevertheless.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Get a good steamer, upholstery cleaner, cloths, brush. Make sure the carpet is damn dry before you put them back. You won't have much smell from a dry carpet.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Get a good steamer, upholstery cleaner, cloths, brush. Make sure the carpet is damn dry before you put them back. You won't have much smell from a dry carpet.
Yup, got all of those too. My carpets are dry before I placed them back in the car. The smell I was mentioning is not that kind of damp smell but from the cleaner itself. Some have a mild perfume smell...ok smell but I prefer no smell.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, got all of those too. My carpets are dry before I placed them back in the car. The smell I was mentioning is not that kind of damp smell but from the cleaner itself. Some have a mild perfume smell...ok smell but I prefer no smell.
Then probably you gotta leave it under the sun a little longer?

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Then probably you gotta leave it under the sun a little longer?
Yup, maybe. I never had any problems when I wash them with soap powder and water, just looking for shortcut because I am a bit like Mr Monk when it comes to car mats...mats must be super clean, so I wash them regularly, like once every 2 weeks. :vollkommenauf:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Same here. I had a can of those otc foam fabric cleaner. Left a very strong and unbearable fragrance smell for weeks.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Same here. I had a can of those otc foam fabric cleaner. Left a very strong and unbearable fragrance smell for weeks.
I am currently "testing" this one:

Ok product. Cleans carpet well but must vacuum when carpet is dry because the dirt all floats up. But the fragrance stays for about 3 days.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Over the weekend, Volkswagen Group Malaysia (VGM) launched their premium MPV in Malaysia. Over 600,000 units have been sold globally and the Sharan is finally on Malaysian soil. Held at Carcosa Seri Negara, the launch took the form of a family day where media personnel and their families were treated to the versatility of the premium MPV.

The Sharan is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience