Civic FD 1.8 Steering problem

Mar 29, 2012
Subang Jaya
Hi all Sifus,

Need you all advice on my steering problem. My car sterling keep on suave to left while the car on the road.

I have done twice alignment and balancing..my tyres also is new..light accident on bumper only..

please advice..thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
Do you like to turn your steering aggressively ?
Or you like to steer the wheel back align with the car while parking and done after turn off the engine?

If you are tends to sway to the left of right and while you think is a perfect alignment job done, then you might have a twisted steering rack.

Try to drive on a straight road and hold the steering as straight as you can... (do this after the perfect alignment) and if sway to one way or another, the rack is likely to be slightly twisted.

All rack is now hydraulic powered, therefore they call it the power steering. Alot youngster haven driven a non power steering they do not know how stressful it can be with a non power steering vehicle.

Go back the story.. the steering is actually twisting the rack to make it steer right and left, but that connection of point is just a very small pin and using hydraulic power we can turn and steer the car as fast and as comfortable as we can.

However, there is a lot of people (I really mean alot) they like to steer their wheels while waiting or parking to the origin position with engine turn off. Some may say is just a little, but that little habit of yours will be twisting the rod.

Another common error on the steering is "I do actually need to refill the steering fluid?" Just as any other working fluid in the car, it will wear and burn over time, you need to check and maintain the fluid level and fluid quality.

Ask your mechanic, have they done a check up on the rack or related parts?

I found that alot of "mechanics" out there now knows all about tyres, suspension , brake pads, engine oil and "thats all". Whenever there is a fault they cant fix, they blame the ecu, they say is all computerized cant be fix. :biggrin:

Mariox

Mar 29, 2012
Subang Jaya
@jeffayn...thanks for your opinion..this is second hand car..maybe previous owner done that actions that you highlighted but not for me..no...hehe..but i do feel and understood that we need extra strength to handle non power steering car..
after i done alignment and balancing two times(tyre shop and honda service center)..first few days is perfect..after that..it suave to left..zzzz
i will sent to mechanic to check on the steering rack..

@DanzEterna...i don't think it can help..but thanks..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
send to honda and let them check.....its better than wild guessing....
cos sometime if its their defect, eventhough u bought 2nd hand, they will replace if its their defect since u done the checking n so still to no avail.

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

willing to buy AUTOLOCK for my waja (A) but im thinking..... our national car eg. proton, perodua does not have function which do not allowed us to shift to R position in auto transmission before u push the brake pedal. so since this AUTOLOCK work with brake pedal.... so i wonder, is it useful for my car's safety or not... or its just a useless device... what do u think guys??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience