civic EJ8/96 problem.. need help!

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
hi.. my ride as stated above, local wan with auto tranny..
the problem is.. why does my car now so hard to change from gear 3 to gear 4? even i rev abit it does not change the gear.. already change the gear oil 2 month ago.. can any sifu here give advise?:confused:

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
bro,

oil change and oil flush are 2 different matters. My advice is, get your car to the authorised service centre and there they have this machine to flush all the dirt and grime from your gearbox.This might help to eliminate the problem. I also faced tis problem and my car is at a service centre as we speak right now for the gearbox flush as well.....

G.

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
bro.. alredi do the g/box flushing 6 month ago.. now only run around 6k+ milage after flushing.. did the flushing they used ayam brand one then after clean put the ori atf wan? mine did just like that.. does it kong the gb?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
what was your current milleage?.

If it's above 100k km, then get ready for the gearbox kaput symptoms. Honda auto well known for it's short-life gearbox.

In facts, that was the main different between Honda & Toyota. Based on same service history, Toyota auto gbox could last longer!!

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
what was your current milleage?.

If it's above 100k km, then get ready for the gearbox kaput symptoms. Honda auto well known for it's short-life gearbox.
oh f**k!.. money again.. eheheheheee can some1 suggest the best gearbox for my engine?? how much does it cost? should i just repair the gb or swap a chop wan??

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
oh f**k!.. money again.. eheheheheee can some1 suggest the best gearbox for my engine?? how much does it cost? should i just repair the gb or swap a chop wan??
Never repair your aut gbox. Better buy recon much2 better.

Repaired gbox also won't last long. Proven that.

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
go to workshop, the mech said would be sync prob.. suggest to change to better atf oil or change to "new sync"?? pening la weeiiii... did the penzoil synchromesh is really good??:hmmmm::hmmmm:

Areignz

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
A normal problem in auto tranny.Better change.Flushing may or not helps.

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
the main prob is.. i'm in sabah.. the tranny cost around 1.5k + labour around rm500 more.. almost rm2k not including parts etc etc.. thinking should i find nice halfcut for around rm4k or... just repair the tranny... btw, some1 said that pennzoil synchromesh is the best replacement for our tranny oil..:idea: does it?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all ZTH member here...
jz wondering, izzit overmodded bodykit will kena JPJ block/saman??
p/s: Custom-made bodykit "some kinda monster look".....:listen:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience