Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Aiyoyo macha...if your wife is the caller, then easy la why u stress so much...take her to test drive every car, then ask her to list down which one she likes. Then only short list from there on other issues.. The more u think, the more you can't act lol...and the new vios isn't even launched yet u already scratching ur head...want more white hair ka wakakakaka

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
seriously the preve CFE is a good buy compared to inspira..
u get more balloons, u got abit more power, u get a stronger chassis...

cheaper then vios, packs loads more power... and cheaper...

yes, problem again will be the badge...
if only people can see past the badge...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Roadtax mahal. How much they going for?

Maybe the new car is good leh.
The 2.5L? Or is it 2.4? Not that expensive la. At most 1k anyway.

And the new car supposed to be better. We'll see.

Renesis : there are a few rare 5-speed manuals and 6 speeders lurking around. Just need to be patient for the seller to sell it. Not that I can afford it.

I cannot brain why anybody wants to pay for an Avanza over an Alza. If the Alza had the Toyota badge and Avanza had the Perodua badge, then the reverse would be true. Rear wheel drive not that important for such a car. In fact front wheel drive is safer for average driver. Not sure if current Avanza is still RWD. Would be cool to see somebody drift a slammed Avanza. LOL.
Agree that I would go for Alza anytime over the Avanza. Till date just facelift and the facelift
version is ugly as hell. See the front, you hate the back, see the back u hate the front.

A deformed design of the new Avanza.

Alza is much more spacious as well. Dashboard meter is nice too. Cheaper as well :biggrin:
Actually, people say that but when you have an Alza and Avanza to play with and test you'll see there's a huge difference between the two. The Avanza wins hands down over the Alza. 2nd row and 3rd row seaters basically the Avanza is better and it has its own rear aircon vents too. The Alza has this quirky way of getting the whole car cool and that's the blow the aircon to the ceiling. Then it cools the whole car. Unless you don't have tint then the driver's bloody hot. I hate both cars to be honest but I can't deny that the Avanza is quite the utility vehicle for the small family like mine. I detest the Alza. Driving seats gives me backaches, car is too heavy for its engine and it feels it, the damn side visibility is the same as Myvi because of my driving seating position I can sometimes not see Unsers driving along side me.

vr2, my wife last time ask me for a Audi RS4...

I would seriously stay away from Avanza. My company has one 1.5G variant. FC very bad at highway. The sound from the gearbox when moving is annoying. Beige interior very easy to get dirty and hard to take care much worst if you have kids. Very bumpy ride at the back...

Now the Avanza, just parked at my factory car park 7days/week. Very very seldom get driven only start engine once a while. Sometimes used to carry workers. When I don't drive to work, I die die also want to get my keys on the Frontier rather than the Avanza.
Odd. Family member claims 11km/L-12km/L per tank which isn't too bad. Highway gives slightly more max 14km/L. Maybe the Avanza you own is of a different batch?

And I'd like the million ringgit RS4 too. LOL.. wifey's got taste!

Aiyoyo macha...if your wife is the caller, then easy la why u stress so much...take her to test drive every car, then ask her to list down which one she likes. Then only short list from there on other issues.. The more u think, the more you can't act lol...and the new vios isn't even launched yet u already scratching ur head...want more white hair ka wakakakaka
Oh I'm not stressing at all. It's her car afterall. Men don't window shop. We just know what we want and go straight there to buy it. :biggrin: She's the one stressing and I'm just sharing what I think.

Actually, we're going for a test drive sometime later this week or next. The Preve is not too bad a car at all. The only thing I can't find info on is the crash safety ratings. Will see how it goes. Preve is the cheapest car in the list of considered cars.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

build quality is...really shitty on the Preve. Trust me, I want to love the Preve, but srsly which idiot came up with the idea of putting a turbo with a continuously viral transmission. Honda already proved CVT is crap, dual clutch transmissions are the future.

Stronger chassis in what sense? Lanspira chassis scores 5 stars on American safety test. Preve get 5 star from who? MyCAP ar? LOL.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
on a more serious note...

it is already proven the 1.5 engine of the vios and the 4-speed gearbox is bullet proof...
and of course the excellent fuel consumption of the car...
12 years and counting...
compare to the number of other cars that got stranded by the road side, how often u see a vios stranded?

and one more thing, squeaking sound from fit and finishing or a faulty engine and unreliable gearbox (cough cough DSG) that is worst?
frankly, i rather choose to have squeaking sound from my cabin then having to worry about engine and gearbox everytime i start the car..
so yeah, i can live with those squeaking sound... at least the car is still very much drivable...

people can bash the vios (me included), but majority of the buyers want something that don't break down (engine / gearbox) and with proven track record.
its usually us, petrol heads that hates the vios usually...
:biggrin:

having said all that, i will still not buy a vios or a korean for that matter...
:biggrin:
Same, chose a New Persona over a 2nd hand Vios. 2 years ago, it was almost the same price.
Other than 5 power window motor kaput, everything else is okay so far.

Yeah well.. Proton Preve also has little to no complaints. Only complaints are it's not upgradable to a bigger turbo.
Got people play lah. CamproTurbo.com got I think.
My friend's W210 Kompressor tekan also cannot chase. :\

build quality is...really shitty on the Preve. Trust me, I want to love the Preve, but srsly which idiot came up with the idea of putting a turbo with a continuously viral transmission. Honda already proved CVT is crap, dual clutch transmissions are the future.

Stronger chassis in what sense? Lanspira chassis scores 5 stars on American safety test. Preve get 5 star from who? MyCAP ar? LOL.

Preve is actually quite good. Only applicable to the CFE.
I think the quality of Preve is improved from the older cars? Persona/Gen2?
I can see the lines are neat and tidy, not stupid gaps.
CVT crap but shifting nice lor. Not aimed at car enthusiast only anyways.
We are kinda in the niche segment. Haha
The 'CAP' tested is by MyVAP. LOL. Saw in the PaulTan's comment.

SUV lover

Known Member
Jan 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My dad bought a dugong in 2009...4 years ady no problem at all..recently we bought another one ( nt new model ) because of the offer that UMW is offering for current model...if u r looking for reliability and an economical car...based on my experience, vios is definitely a good choice but of course if u wan a car that has oomph..dun buy a vios as it is really a very normal sedan

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My dad bought a dugong in 2009...4 years ady no problem at all..recently we bought another one ( nt new model ) because of the offer that UMW is offering for current model...if u r looking for reliability and an economical car...based on my experience, vios is definitely a good choice but of course if u wan a car that has oomph..dun buy a vios as it is really a very normal sedan
Shouldn't you be driving Fortuner? Based on your name. Haha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Preve is actually quite good. Only applicable to the CFE.
I do not deny the CFE is good. I want to love it. But CVT? Really? Match it with manual you've got a pocket rocket. No brainer!

I think the quality of Preve is improved from the older cars? Persona/Gen2?
That's like saying this new piece of shit (Preve) is less shitty than the old pieces of shit (Persona/Gen2). I fully agree Preve CFE is a much better car than Persona/Gen.2, but those are shit to begin with. It is this mindset that Proton is a failure. Don't benchmark against your failures, yes, Persona and Gen.2 are failures, because those 2 cars have non-existent market outside of Malaysia, and Malaysians buy it not because of choice, we buy it because ding ding ding. PRICE. You remove the tax, see which idiot want to buy Proton.

Imagine your son score 0% for exam last month (Persona/Gen.2). This month he score 4% for exam, (Preve) then he tell you got improvement ma, better ma, I ask you, you want to slap him or not?

BUT, if my budget was 70k, I wanted a sedan. I'll buy a Preve CFE myself. Cause, no choice ma. HAHAHA. We Malaysians love to get ass raped by our government. Oh well.

I can see the lines are neat and tidy, not stupid gaps.
CVT crap but shifting nice lor. Not aimed at car enthusiast only anyways.
We are kinda in the niche segment. Haha
The 'CAP' tested is by MyVAP. LOL. Saw in the PaulTan's comment.
MyVAP is Malaysia local standard, don't use Malaysia's lack of standard to compare with the world. Macam katak di bawah tempurung. It scores 5 star in Australia's ANCAP too, BUT Australia one got side chest and side air bags, MALAYSIA ONE DON'T HAVE! (wah Malaysians life not worth money one, Proton just skimp and say f*** you, you die your problem).

Built a shit car, and think they made it, actually just jaguh kampung. Please compare with the WORLD. Outside of Malaysia, NOBODY wants to buy a Proton. FYI Preve's are NOT FLYING OFF THE SHOWROOMS in AUSTRALIA. Cause, hahaha, for the same price they can buy a Toyota.

Proton Preve Review |

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I don't know about chassis strength but honestly the build quality on the CFE is not bad at all. The only issue I've seen amongst Preve owners is that the car was built with very little tolerances. Change one thing and the whole characteristics of the car changes. Like how the absorbers are short stroke and most aftermarket absorbers are long stroke result in bottoming out a lot.

But I gotta say this, those ghastly rims. That's the first thing I'd change if my wife does buy one.

And I totally know what you mean about the CVT on the CFE. I've ridden shotgun in one of Drexs test runs and my god can that engine pull. The only thing is the weird gear changes the CVT does and how it delivers that power is just too weird. It's a shame there isn't a manual GB that's compatible. I'd swap it out in a heartbeat

I thought of doing that. But by the time my wife decided my friend in Toyota told me that Vios is completely sold out in KL. If I want one it'll have to be in Penang. Wth.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Too bad most youngsters thinks otherwise. VIOS is indeed a performance car especially the TRD version. :rofl: Getting more and more reckless drivers in Vios while the Myvi ones has decreased
slightly. Maybe upgraded to Vios I guess...:hmmmm2:

I do not deny the CFE is good. I want to love it. But CVT? Really? Match it with manual you've got a pocket rocket. No brainer!

That's like saying this new piece of shit (Preve) is less shitty than the old pieces of shit (Persona/Gen2). I fully agree Preve CFE is a much better car than Persona/Gen.2, but those are shit to begin with. It is this mindset that Proton is a failure. Don't benchmark against your failures, yes, Persona and Gen.2 are failures, because those 2 cars have non-existent market outside of Malaysia, and Malaysians buy it not because of choice, we buy it because ding ding ding. PRICE. You remove the tax, see which idiot want to buy Proton.

Imagine your son score 0% for exam last month (Persona/Gen.2). This month he score 4% for exam, (Preve) then he tell you got improvement ma, better ma, I ask you, you want to slap him or not?

BUT, if my budget was 70k, I wanted a sedan. I'll buy a Preve CFE myself. Cause, no choice ma. HAHAHA. We Malaysians love to get ass raped by our government. Oh well.

MyVAP is Malaysia local standard, don't use Malaysia's lack of standard to compare with the world. Macam katak di bawah tempurung. It scores 5 star in Australia's ANCAP too, BUT Australia one got side chest and side air bags, MALAYSIA ONE DON'T HAVE! (wah Malaysians life not worth money one, Proton just skimp and say f*** you, you die your problem).

Built a shit car, and think they made it, actually just jaguh kampung. Please compare with the WORLD. Outside of Malaysia, NOBODY wants to buy a Proton. FYI Preve's are NOT FLYING OFF THE SHOWROOMS in AUSTRALIA. Cause, hahaha, for the same price they can buy a Toyota.

Proton Preve Review |
Agree that it doesn't make sense...Turbocharged yet with CVT? :stupid:

The reason why the cars in overseas are better in quality is due to the standards set by the country if not wrong. It has to meet certain requirements before they can sell their cars(Proton) in overseas. Which is why they are getting the better models while Malaysia don't have certain standards set as a requirement for each Proton cars. Like you said, you die your problem, no one
force you to buy a proton or be a guinea pig for Proton.

No one would buy a Proton for sure if it werent for the high tax on imported cars. Say if
the price of a Vios is the same as Persona/Gen2. No one would go for Proton. Lose out
in terms of reliability, quality and fuel consumption. Though Campro engine is not bad
but just the build quality is not there.

I don't know about chassis strength but honestly the build quality on the CFE is not bad at all. The only issue I've seen amongst Preve owners is that the car was built with very little tolerances. Change one thing and the whole characteristics of the car changes. Like how the absorbers are short stroke and most aftermarket absorbers are long stroke result in bottoming out a lot.

But I gotta say this, those ghastly rims. That's the first thing I'd change if my wife does buy one.

And I totally know what you mean about the CVT on the CFE. I've ridden shotgun in one of Drexs test runs and my god can that engine pull. The only thing is the weird gear changes the CVT does and how it delivers that power is just too weird. It's a shame there isn't a manual GB that's compatible. I'd swap it out in a heartbeat

I thought of doing that. But by the time my wife decided my friend in Toyota told me that Vios is completely sold out in KL. If I want one it'll have to be in Penang. Wth.
I heard about that too, all old Vios sold out. Really a good buy man. The price was so low that
it is worth buying at that time. Stock Clearance. I guess have to wait for Kia Forte for Stock Clearance too if u want Forte.

The only reason you get a headache as well, cuz you might be driving it as well :rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Preve CFE much better than that.

If your wife gets a Preve CFE, I suspect you'll be driving it more often. LOL.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ixeo has said it.

KCNg : I'd rather buy a Preve than that 1.2L god ugly car. 1.2 Mivec CVT sommore. That's just a weird combination. And even weirder look.

I doubt the Preve CFE will have better FC than my Wira. And besides, my car is the only manual at home so no one drives it. If I drive the Preve out my mom at home wouldn't have any transportation. All refuse to touch my Wira and I'm quite happy about that. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all

Anyone had installed the both electronic item especially on (Auto
Waja) ?? Can i know how much the both things can improve our engine
ignition timing and fuel ??? Esspecially for crankshaft, can the setting been
change and what the purpose or benefits of installing SITC ????
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience