Chapman’s son picks a side in the Lotus debacle

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Everybody has been so tied up in the Lotus vs. Lotus feud that nobody has actually found out where the Chapman clan stands on the issue. Well now, Colin Chapman’s son, Clive, is standing firm behind Group Lotus, the one that just recently entered into a merger with Renault F1 for next season.

Clive went on to say that Group Lotus is the true successor of the racing team that Colin and Hazel Chapman founded back then.

So what happens to Team Lotus now? Team Lotus had laid claim to the rights of the Lotus name through their deal with David Hunt as he had held the rights to the name and sold it to them.

As we stand now, there’s still no clear resolution on the horizon regarding the whole issue but for what it’s worth, at least the Chapmans have taken a stand.

Source: Inside Line

kevindass

Oct 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks dinesh for this ... i really hope uncle tony drops all-together the lotus name and name the team after himself.. while Red Bull-Gives You Wings, Tony-Makes You Fly!
Air Asia F1 Racing Team... im not sure if anyone give a thought, WHY NOW?..coincidentally after the their latest 5 models unveiled at the world motor shows..i.e. Elite... etc

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
i think a red air asia, 1 malaysia, proton team would be much nicer being a poser lotus, lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks dinesh for this ... i really hope uncle tony drops all-together the lotus name and name the team after himself.. while Red Bull-Gives You Wings, Tony-Makes You Fly!
Air Asia F1 Racing Team... im not sure if anyone give a thought, WHY NOW?..coincidentally after the their latest 5 models unveiled at the world motor shows..i.e. Elite... etc
The thing is, changing the team's name might loose them the money they would earn from the 10th place they got in 2010 season.

kevindass

Oct 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The thing is, changing the team's name might loose them the money they would earn from the 10th place they got in 2010 season.
ahhh.. yeah i missed this. thanks bro. sounds like uncle tony stuck in between huh?.. even if he has the intention. really bad.

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
mr tony though that it could relate to his dad lotus curry house business. he should call it lotus curry horse f1 instead :idea:

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

about
Lotus Group of Companies

hahaha.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

get your teh tarek & roti canai serve by f1 crew. hahahhahah:rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello fellow ZTH-ians:_: I'm having problems with my HID and i couldn't pinpoint the source.. When i switch on my headlamps it would look normal 10000k but after a while the bulb on the right starts to project yellow instead of the normal blue.. Is the ballast damaged or my car voltage is not stabalized? Thanks in advance for the help :regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience