Changing Iswara gearbox oil seal pricing

bass1664

Sep 29, 2023
Hi guys, recently I found my gearbox to be leaking oil but not very severely. I went to 2 mechanic workshops to get a diagnosis and quotation on fixing the issue, both of the workshops said it was the oil seal that needs to be replaced. The first one said it was the right side oil seal which I assume is the driver's side driveshaft seal that is leaking, he quoted me around rm120 to replace it, rm40 for each seal and rm40 for labor charge. The second workshop I went to earlier, they took a look and said it was the inner oil seal that is leaking which I assume it's the flywheel oil seal and said it would cost about rm600-700 to change it because they need to remove the entire gearbox bla bla bla. Which one should I go for? Currently also a uni student so I've a tight budget but I also want to not waste money tbh.

bass1664

Sep 29, 2023
Nvm, got it done today and the driveshaft seals were replaced, no more leaking. Mech charged rm70 for the job too so it's probably just replaced the leaking side

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Glad you got it done, means the second workshop was trying to cut throat......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi stanley...

got some questions for 'titan'ing a myvi...i heard there are 2 running around...i have some queries...might want to be 'titan'ed again...

1) do u guys cut the rear springs to get the lowered ride height? if not what do u do?
2) how much? got discount for ex customer ar?
3) did u guys manage to match the dampening for the rear with the front? compared to kelisa last time which was bouncy due to the light weight...
4) are u guys using the same specs of kenari/kelisa's or new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience