Celica GTS vs. RX8

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
Re: celica GTS vs RX8

my sux NA stock RX8 after dyno only got about 19X on wheel hp, how about celica :biggrin:
bryan, i am the 1st 1 to be here
190rwhp is not bad wor!! i think celica GTS is 160fwhp+, Barb correct me if im wrong.....

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

i am just curious how altis going to tapao rx8 only :rofl:
no way lar....common sense!!! hahahahaa

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara

Ya, just sharing experience and knowledge and correcting each other's error. Best example is use Miley Cyrus song. Climb. :wink: This song very meaningful. There is always a mountain higher than the other. Agree with you bro...ahh how I wish we could come out and have a drink..too bad we stay too far from each other lolz! :banghead:

To me, Supra and Celica ST205 is the best looking car. Exterior la hehe! Can't compare interior with modern cars...But if it has 210 - 220HP which I dun understand why still it is consider as a failure? It has so much HP in it for a 1.3.
since u believe supra and st205 are the best looking...this is for u:biggrin:....courtesy or paultan.org

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

If celica 160HP and RX-8 190HP, I think RX-8 win wor in terms of 30HP difference is a lot leh...Zeus manage to win but using 3Sgte not 2zz-ge...hmm...

Altis I don't think can as well...unless if fitted with 3sgte maybe possible. Not sure though.

zeus83: Thanks bro...very nice photo. What car is that black and white car? AE86? not hatchback der wor...never seen coupe AE86 before...

Last edited:

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara

If celica 160HP and RX-8 190HP, I think RX-8 win wor in terms of 30HP difference is a lot leh...Zeus manage to win but using 3Sgte not 2zz-ge...hmm...

Altis I don't think can as well...unless if fitted with 3sgte maybe possible. Not sure though.
i think rx8 should be heavier due to the FR layout.....so if power-weight ratio i believe both end up the same in terms of performance......

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

zeus83: Thanks bro...very nice photo. What car is that black and white car? AE86? not hatchback der wor...never seen coupe AE86 before...
i think that was the latest amongst the AE86 family....

full report of the FT86 here....

Toyota FT-86 concept gets a proper family portrait

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Zeus83: Really nice AE86 coupe..I do not of his existence until you post the picture up...thanks a lot. Legendary GT-4 :biggrin:

I saw one around Wangsa Maju. Red ST205. Stock Body.

Anyway, if a celica GT-S is able to be on par with RX-8 is consider as very good result adi for a FF coupe. Too bad ST205 and Supra was discontinued.

I think only Corolla XRS might be able to compete with Rx-8 if GT-S possible to win :biggrin:

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
Ha ha bro Black, dun misunderstanding lah....:rolleyes: actually we all not concern wan to tapao anyone or maker....just discussion on the performance between car maker compare to another car maker....hi hi hi....:biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Ya, just sharing experience and knowledge and correcting each other's error. Best example is use Miley Cyrus song. Climb. :wink: This song very meaningful. There is always a mountain higher than the other. Agree with you bro...ahh how I wish we could come out and have a drink..too bad we stay too far from each other lolz! :banghead:
Haiz.... Ya loh... But dun worry, some day sure we have opportunity to meet & have a drink.. Cheers..:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
I see got 2 RX8 members have already posted.. hehehehe..... u all so 'schoolboy'... dis fella got higher hp sure win.. dat fella got 30hp less sure lose.. dear frens, winning a drag race has more factors that who has higher hps...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ha ha bro Black, dun misunderstanding lah....:rolleyes: actually we all not concern wan to tapao anyone or maker....just discussion on the performance between car maker compare to another car maker....hi hi hi....:biggrin::biggrin:

Haiz.... Ya loh... But dun worry, some day sure we have opportunity to meet & have a drink.. Cheers..:beer:

Yes, someday surely will have the chance to meet & have a drink. Like some motorshows event or race. Can meet at such events. :biggrin: Or when u plan to come down to KL for holiday hehe!

Really wanna have a closer look at your nice celica. Agree with you, just a discussion and comparisons between 2 cars.

I see got 2 RX8 members have already posted.. hehehehe..... u all so 'schoolboy'... dis fella got higher hp sure win.. dat fella got 30hp less sure lose.. dear frens, winning a drag race has more factors that who has higher hps...
Thanks Bro BH for your explainations. Still have a lot more to learn from you. :proud:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Personally tested rx8 with DC5. 0-100 and 60 till speed cut. Results = Par.

If celica can win over a dc5, means can win rx8.

30hp on wheel different don't really reflect the actual performance. The car should be about the same from 60-180km/h. If win or lose also that mere little 2-3 meters. But if got a bad launching, then will be smoked for no doubt. For cornering, all depends on your balls size.

But who cares? Plenty of repli-lution out there or even 4G Sneo 63 can smoke a celica GT-S or Rx8 at any time any where. I drove mine at speed cut on genting sempah road for quite some distance and a wira can follow 1/3 lamp post distance at the back, most of the time. If straight road, I think I already been smoked, no, should say brake light also cannot see. What can I do or even say? A wira is par to rx8? :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Personally tested rx8 with DC5. 0-100 and 60 till speed cut. Results = Par.

If celica can win over a dc5, means can win rx8.

30hp on wheel different don't really reflect the actual performance. The car should be about the same from 60-180km/h. If win or lose also that mere little 2-3 meters. But if got a bad launching, then will be smoked for no doubt. For cornering, all depends on your balls size.

But who cares? Plenty of repli-lution out there or even 4G Sneo 63 can smoke a celica GT-S or Rx8 at any time any where. I drove mine at speed cut on genting sempah road for quite some distance and a wira can follow 1/3 lamp post distance at the back, most of the time. If straight road, I think I already been smoked, no, should say brake light also cannot see. What can I do or even say? A wira is par to rx8? :rofl:
If modded wira or S.Neo to compete with a Stock RX-8 or Celica GT-S, is a different story adi and it also depends on what mods was made to that particular wira or S.Neo...I know a lot of protons that was modded can be very fast since their car body is also lighter.

I guess that wira must have been modded in order to follow your DC5 at that distance...Still I guess it all bores down to one's driving skill and experience. Most important of all, having the guts to do so. Bro csl, have you tried with any Civic Type R? What are the results?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
If modded wira or S.Neo to compete with a Stock RX-8 or Celica GT-S, is a different story adi and it also depends on what mods was made to that particular wira or S.Neo...I know a lot of protons that was modded can be very fast since their car body is also lighter.

I guess that wira must have been modded in order to follow your DC5 at that distance...Still I guess it all bores down to one's driving skill and experience. Most important of all, having the guts to do so. Bro csl, have you tried with any Civic Type R? What are the results?

I don't have a DC5. Never tested with FD2R yet.

My throttle already touched the floor during cornering at the outer corner (right lane got slow moving car), what else I can do to improve the speed?

Anyway, this is a celica thread discussing about which is faster thing :biggrin: See when my butt will itchy and ask for a test. Who win, have to sponsor a cup of iced chocolate :biggrin:

ir1z

Known Member
Oct 29, 2008
u can have a race with our 7th gen celica jacky's car.......as to my knowledge fastest one among the 7th gen in msia....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can anyone help me out here plz ?
Coz my 1.3 satria manual year 2002 Fuel inject engine ...top speed only can reach 140kmh ...
Tried so hard also cannot reach more than that ..unless the road has abit downhill ....
And dont know why when my meter reach 100 kmh ...the engine sound starting to be loud ...
Izzit i have to send for tuning again ? Or is there any way to solve this problem out ?
Your help will be very appreciated ..Thank you to the sifus out there =)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience