CATCH AFOS LIVE THIS SUNDAY AT SEPANG INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT from 9am - 6pm

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com

DRIFTING DEMOS DURING AFOS RACE WEEKEND
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The fast-growing drifting craze in the country will receive a massive boost when the top drifters in the country take part in a series of demonstrations which will be staged during next weekend’s Asian Festival of Speed (AFOS) at the Sepang International Circuit. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The inclusion of the drifting demonstration in the already thrilling AFOS schedule from May 13-14 will further raise the level of excitement for racing fans. For the record, the AFOS series offers fans four major championships this year - the all new Formula V6 Asia by Renault, Formula BMW Asia, Porsche Carrera Cup Asia and the ever exciting Asian Touring Car Championship.<o:p></o:p>
Up to 48 intermediate and expert drifters are expected to take part and show off their driving skills. In another demonstration, three experts will be involved in a choreographed drift formation on the track on race day. “It will no doubt be the highlight of the drifting program,” said David Sonencher, CEO of Motorsport Asia.<o:p></o:p>
He added that enthusiasts of the sport should not miss the opportunity to turn up at the circuit to catch the demonstrations. “Aspiring drifters will have the chance to personally meet with some of the top 10 drivers from the D1GP Malaysia Championship. They will be able to speak to them and gain some useful tips from these experienced drifters”.<o:p></o:p>
In addition to the above, the race organisers, Motorsport Asia Limited (MAL), have also lined up other side events for fans. Numerous car clubs have signed up to participate in a car display and competition during the race weekend. The display will be staged at the mall area of the circuit where fans will be able to get close to these sleek machines.<o:p></o:p>
Meanwhile, fans who are keen to obtain complimentary AFOS tickets should drop by at selected Burger King outlets in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Klang</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Valley</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>. Customers who purchase the BK Value Meal will be entitled to a complimentary ticket, but only while stocks last.<o:p></o:p>
There is also a tie-up with RedBox karaoke which will be giving away complimentary tickets to its DotRed members. The five outlets at Sungei Wang, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Low</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Yat</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Plaza</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, Sogo, Sunway Pyramid and The Curve are participating in the promotion.<o:p></o:p>
On Friday, May 12, a Gala event will take place at the popular nightspot Velvet Underground at Zouk Kuala Lumpur where guests include Celebrities, VIPs, Teams, Drivers and Race Queens. Turn up to see the stars and the glamour on the red carpet from 8pm. Our AFOS Race Queens and the Fly FM Troopers will be outside handing out goodies to fans.<o:p></o:p>
Organised by Motorsport Asia Limited and sanctioned by the FIA, the Asian Festival of Speed event offers fans four major championships this year – Formula V6 Asia by Renault, Formula BMW Asia, Porsche Carrera Cup Asia and the ever exciting Asian Touring Car Championship.<o:p></o:p>
Entry for AFOS is free for Friday, 12th May and Saturday, 13th May. Grand Stand tickets for Sunday, 14th May are priced at only RM12 and are available at the entrance of the circuit. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

EVENT SCHEDULE:

Last edited:

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
definately going! got free tickets from Auto Fiesta at Metro!

ed_vin

Known Member
Mar 10, 2006
any timetable for the event?
wat time the race start.....n wat time is the drift showoff?
lookin forward to the drift event....
oh ya....mother's day this weekend...skip sunday, celebrate on saturday..hehehe

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
i wan free ticket... lolz... tom, anymore free ticket?

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
Eh... anyone wan gathering and convoy ar?

i organise this convoy lor... see got ppl wan follow or not... hahaha

AFOS Gatherning & Convoy

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
ed_vin said:
any timetable for the event?
wat time the race start.....n wat time is the drift showoff?
lookin forward to the drift event....
oh ya....mother's day this weekend...skip sunday, celebrate on saturday..hehehe
Event Schedule had been posted up at the first post in this thread. Thanks for asking. Totally forgotten about it...

Anyway, the pitwalk don't need special passes. It is open to all at its designated time. Do standby for the drift demo at the front straight of the track :_: at 1320....

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
i've got a number of free tickets from Tom during the V2.0....
those interested can visit http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=86587 n continue the attendance list for the convoy + free tickets....

got some questions here...i read from the back of the tickets...it stated that late comers will not be allowed entry until there is a break time...izzit true??...means hav to arrive b4 10am??

n the ticket includes free parking...where are we suppose to enter??...the main gate or the gate where we enter for the drag battle...the side gate where we get to the pit area or opposite the pit..??

would appreciate anyone who can answer me....thanks....

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
calvin9683 said:
got some questions here...i read from the back of the tickets...it stated that late comers will not be allowed entry until there is a break time...izzit true??...means hav to arrive b4 10am??

n the ticket includes free parking...where are we suppose to enter??...the main gate or the gate where we enter for the drag battle...the side gate where we get to the pit area or opposite the pit..??

would appreciate anyone who can answer me....thanks....
calvin9683: the ticket stated is 10am onwards...so you can come anytime...

parking is free....the parking is at the main entrance to mall area (PA1 , PA2 and PB1)

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
thanks cheaka...
but then it means the entrance near the go kart circuit is not open??
if i'm not mistaken thats the entrance for the drag races right??

sorry...ask so many questions...
coz the guys will convoy from subang...i dun wanna bring them to the wrong place...later everyone flame me then i die...

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
ops...
or mayb its not the go kart there...
i think should be the paddock access there...
where we need to pass a some sort of tunnel like dat...
is that gate open??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tufoil is featured in today's May 28 edition of Harian Metro bahasa daily.

We have been told it has a readership of 1,000,000.

You can find Tufoil in this link: www.nstp.com.my according to the NST people.

Happy reading.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience