Status
Not open for further replies.
Exterior and Body

Carbon Fibre Bonnet for sale

TODA6866

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by Danny@Sep 4 2004, 12:59 PM
at the moment no mivec hoods ready in production, but if there if you can get a few people who wants it at the same time, we can produce at a bigger qty at a good price. I will start a new thread for mivec hoods so those who wants it can put your names there and once we have a qty or 10 or more, then it is more worthwhile to produce.

as for netmatrix - sorry there was something wrong with my internet line the last week, only managed to reply properly today. Upkeep wise, just like any cf hoods out there, you will need plastic polish to keep up the shine.

Jasper - the EK99 follows the original specs. If you want to view, just pm me and I will arrange a viewing time.

*News update - currently for civic models only EG & EK99 models left in stock.
no EF .......... :(

btw sorry, if my following question is disturbing, but i really wanna know the budget b4 i start planning anything.......

- can u offer the same price as a ready made one if i get 10 ppl to make a civic model-EF CF bonnet? how much roughly?

(i know its hard to get 10 ppl but i'll try if the price works out nicely...)
really interested..... thanx for ur time :(

ps: u can reply by PM me thanx

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Just a rough estimate, yes the price will be closer to the ready made ones now.

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
huh?? low yatt showroom?? where where? nice place oh ....

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
If you make only 1 unit, the cost of doing the mould would be close to RM3k. If there are more demand, the price will drop since the mould has already been done.

Blaze

Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
Hi Danny,

What is the advantages of a CF bonnet compared to an original steel one? In terms of weight (obvious), safety, maintenance.?

By the way, do you already have something like this? How much?

Blitzkreig

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
CKP
blitzkreig.multiply.com
well, in terms of safety, carbon or metal bonnet dosent make much difference cause the main crash structures the the cars frame itself.

the advantages is that it is light

light = lesser eight up front = better response while turning.

goddfadda

Known Member
Dec 14, 2003
totally agreed.... after putting on the bonnet .... you can actually feel slight differences while driving your car... more responsive...

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
For comparison, the standard bonnet should weigh 20-30kg whereas the cf bonnet weights 6kg. Your car front is lighter by 14-24kg. Overall, there will be less understeer and more response to your steering.

blaze - we only have ready made wira original bonnets, what you have is a customised bonnet, that can be done but it costs more $$$

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
mynndawg no worries everyone has bad days, nyam char? mwehehe can oso but i will order air suam...saving money lar~

danny ygpm

<edit> aiyak...danny ur pm box full

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
when and where can view the item?? :lol:

goddfadda

Known Member
Dec 14, 2003
Wah PM box full ... that's the 1st ...

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
sorry just came back from Thailand on a business trip, cleared my pm box already.

evan, which item you want to view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda North America has announced their Civic Type-R crate engine purchase program at the annual SEMA show just hours ago. What this means is that ordinary mortals can now buy "off the shelf", the legendary 306hp 2L 4cylinder Turbo Type R engine that powers the latest Civic Type R.

Update: So there's a snag, chances are you're gonna need to an approved member of the HPD grassroots support program as said by...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience