Car Thief caught and roughed up

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
I was there.

Time/Date :- About 1:30pm, 7th Dec 2007

I just finished lunch and walking back to my car with several colleagues and came across this girl in front of a DVD shop talking to the owner. She had her handbag was stolen and since her carkey was in it, she suspects the thief will return to take the car.

We told her to stand in the vicinity of her car (a Kelisa) which was parked just in front of the DVD store. The plan was if she sees someone trying to drive off with the car, she should shout out and the people in the many coffee shops nearby will respond.

Incidentally, for those of you unfamiliar with Ipoh, Menglembu New Village is one of those typical working-class Chinese areas. The thing with working-class Chinese villages such as these is you don't come into their territory to play play and screw around because they will throw you a beating you won't forget in a hurry. It's in their mentality and in my opinion this is how it should be for criminals.

Anyway, after waiting a short while, this Indian man was seen trying out a car remote through the line of parked cars on the street. The guy looks to be about forty, about 175cm tall, probably 75 to 80 kg, decently dressed with T-shirt, blue jeans and a handphone pouch on his belt.....in short, he didn't look like a thief.

We waited for him until he got up to the Kelisa and activated the remote and was about to get in. Immediately, the girl shouted and the thief ran off. We took off after him. And so did a lot of people who poured out of the coffeeshops from all directions, including one drink seller who ran after him holding an iron rod...lol This thief had some pace in him. Ran like a horse. Probably sh*t-scared and no surprise considering he had a horde of pissed off villagers bearing down on him.

He ran something like 100 yards (the street had no sidestreets or other routes of escape). One villager threw a chair at his feet and he tripped and got slowed down. By the time he reached the 4-way intersection at the other end, he was completely surrounded.

That's when they got hold of him and pummeled the crap out of him. By the time I reach the intersection, there was a circle of people around the thief and he was trying to reason with the people. Pow! Some guy behind landed a punch on his jaw. He sort of staggered and half-turned to face the person who hit him and then another punch from another villager behind him hit him full on the face. After that, it was a melee...people raining blows and kicks simultaneously. I was just standing 10 feet away from the action along with the crowd, yelling encouragement.

When they were done, he was sitting on the ground dazed and holding his head. We found out he had given the handbag to an accomplice who rode away on a motorbike. Hopefully the police will pick up the accomplice soon.

F**king justice for once. My only regret was I didn't have my viewcam with me that day...otherwise plenty of action on tape.

ganfh

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
Good one, when will ppl in cities ever be united like folks in the area.....sigh

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Good, hope another dumd a** will take a lesson from this...

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
better don't video tape the event, as our "Boleh" P()lis might use it against the attackers instead of the thief. :)

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
some of the things we cannot wait for police, cause if u wait for those police by the time they reach things alrdy happen and unstoppable....

so why not unite and give those f**kers a lesson that they wont forget

recently at my area a foreign worker was rob and kill....hell dangerous this days..
so...becareful guy and dont walk alone specially your love one accompany them till they reach their destination if is a house make sure they are inside before u leave...like wat Liverpool fan said "You will never walk alone"

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
bravo! thats the spirit of neighbourhood!

one best thing bout small town is u tend to know everyone in the town and people treat each more well,unlike city life, neighbour don't even know how u looks like,they come home,they closed everything becos life in city is just too dangerous, thanks to fucking G for lousy economy and introducing so many foreigner into our country.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Treat this case as like at Middle east...
cut the f***er hand off...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Someone here mentioned about not able to wait for the police. Funny you should say that because the Menglembu police station is only less than 0.5km away. I'm sure when the thief had been caught people would have called it in because I saw plenty of folks on their handphones at the scene, but 30 minutes after the incident, the cops still have not arrived on-scene.

Makes you wonder sometimes.

There was this one idiot do-gooder guy there who approached the cordon of people telling them not to hit the thief, but was quickly told by everyone in the crowd to shut up.

When the cops finally showed up, it was clear to them that the thief had been roughed up, but they did not make any issue about it. It's understood and deep down the cops probably feel the thief deserved it anyway.

Last edited:

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
i want to join this kind of melee next time around if have chance.

xerofighter

Not so senior member
Mar 2, 2004
Subang
wouldnt it be ironic if the guy turned out to have accidentally found the keys after the thied dumped it and was just trying to see whose car it belonged to? just wondering....

mbek

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
hairul.onestop.com.my
if this happen at my home town... if u caught in robbery, rape etc...
the police just say.. "kalau dah sudah bagitau... jgn mati sudah" ... they will giv u chance to kick some ass.... hell yeaaaaa....

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
wouldnt it be ironic if the guy turned out to have accidentally found the keys after the thied dumped it and was just trying to see whose car it belonged to? just wondering....
Personally if I picked up a key, I wouldn't go around testing the alarm out. Would either hand it to the police or send it to the receptionist area or management office if there is any.
It's just plain stupid right to try out the alarm? :banghead:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
LOL.... not a chance. We were waiting for the guy and you can spot him skulking around, trying out that remote on every parked car on the street. If he was really innocent, it's a pretty stupid thing to do considering the suspicious nature of the act...poking around every car when you know damn well it's not your property.

Anyway, he ran when confronted. At that point, his response pretty much sealed his status in the eyes of the villagers. In any case, he spilled the whole story about how he handed the handbag to his accomplice after the villagers had their fun with him. What's absolutely gratifying to watch was that almost every guy there wanted a piece of him (including me)....the only thing stopping everyone from piling onto him was that there was no more space to get a good kick in because he was already surrounded by a wall of people on all sides. So for those of us who did not managed to hit him, we just stood around and cheered the others on. I know this is not suppose to be lawful, but wtf...he was resisting arrest all the time so....

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
Even when police arrive, they would usually wait till the crowd is finished with the piece of trash before dragging him away. Only advise is for the crowd not to beat him till death.
It happened once in Taman Desa where my friend is involved in the fracas too. The police just said "Jangan sampai mati" than look elsewhere.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You would have to be blind if you’ve never seen one of those ‘Motorsports is Dangerous’ signs at a race track or motorsports arena and the saying couldn’t ring more true but one often forgotten quote that should rank up there with that is that motorsports isn’t a cheap game as well...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience