• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Replay

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
KL
Visit site
Need your help sifu's,

I just got back home and when driving home my car was very jerky when on throttle, just mild throttle only it will jerk, when it starts to jerk, the engine doesnt sound like its firing properly and there is no power to the wheel. the more i depress the throttle, the more the engine jerks...any idea whats wrong???

dmi3

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
either ur spark plug already kong... need to upgrade and change ur spark plug(suggestion.. get irridium plugs) OR.. ur petrol tank indicator spoilt and no petrol is reaching to ur engine..

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
If idling also got jerk, then maybe mis-firing.

Check every spark plug,
Check every plug cable,
Check RPM.

I experience that twice with different cars, idling also got abit jerk, jerk more when throttle, one time is due to faulty spark plug, another time is due to 1 faulty plug cable.

lil_piggy2

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
urm..... ur car is a manual or auto... if its an auto.. there is a possibility that your gearbox something wrong... coz i went thru that before on a auto gearbox.... causing ur car to jerk in the beginining.. and like got no power.... feels like as though spark plugs got some prob... but then as time pass by..... every now and then the gear tak masuk....
so... it could be a whole load of possibilities... give it more time to show its true nature first ler...

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
If it's an older car, also remember to check your fuel filter. People almost never bother to change this.

Replay

Known Member
Jan 27, 2004
KL
Visit site
Thanks for all your feedback guys,

I brought my car to my mech today, he fired up the engine, listened to it for a bit, pressed de throttle for a bit and said it was my plugs. Poped open de bonnet and checked out the plugs, true enough there was some water and it was shorting out the plugs...dem it...like that also can...

never going to send my car to car wash and ask em to wash my engine

lucky i brought it to my usual mech to check out..i reckon other mechs may just get me to fork out $$ for a new set of plugs..

can now go back to full boost with jerkiness.....phew.... :)

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Cannonfodder said:
If it's an older car, also remember to check your fuel filter. People almost never bother to change this.
Yo bro .. May i ask, coz im driving a Saga, so the fuel filter is at the firewall slightly lower .. I believe it can be easily DIY-ed right ? Just have to loosen the bracket n pull out the hose , pull out the fuel filter n just fix it n put it back in ..?

Is that the right way to replace it ? Or its better to send to the shop ..?

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Not sure where it is on the Saga, but yes, that is where it is with the more recent Protons.

You can do it yourself, as it's quite straightforward. All you'll need is a wrench to undo the nuts. Make sure you get the right size filter, as there several sizes for Mitsubishi/Proton, else you'll have difficulty fitting the bracket back onto the firewall.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've recently dropped by Bandar Sunway, since I had a dinner to attend in Seri Kembangan. This time I decided to borrow my dad's DSLR and took high resolution photos of the damages or broken parts that came with the car.

The first broken part was the damaged Right Brake Lens, found in the picture attached, as above. I am not sure how much does those costs but a quick browse on eBay shows that the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience