Car Idling & Die Off All of a Sudden During Heavy Traffic...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
is okay bro, you had helped me a lot with your experience and advice, really appreciate it. Now
at least i know the biggest possibility of the problem came from where.

Ya, bought a cap ayam one. No brand. RM45 per pair...PIAA type expensive bro...if brand.
Yup, PIAA, Philips, Osram all pretty expensive, unless you get those branded normal one. Not the fancy XP, Extreme, Crystal Vision etc. etc....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, PIAA, Philips, Osram all pretty expensive, unless you get those branded normal one. Not the fancy XP, Extreme, Crystal Vision etc. etc....
Oh shit, I just remember one thing. I did changed my bulbs before to Phillips Extreme 80%.
But so fast fused? :stoned:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
use cheap cheap hid in projectors modded into yr headlamp enuff la...cheapest cheapest hid also brighter than those 80% doohickey bulbs...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
use cheap cheap hid in projectors modded into yr headlamp enuff la...cheapest cheapest hid also brighter than those 80% doohickey bulbs...
My cap ayam fog lamp bulb very bright but fast fused...nice yellow too..

u want PIAA...go kedai potong & ask.....bout rm50 per pair.....
PIAA Bulbs half cut also got? later use half way fused liao :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
no la PIAA bulbs very tahan one...summore 4300k.....
test before buy lo...
Want get White for headlamp then yellow for fog lamp :biggrin: if RM50 can get a pair is cheap.
Will try to source. Thanks Danz!

But 1st settle my car problem 1st :frown:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Alo Suprafan, I said connectors la. Bulbs rarely spoil that fast unless it's of poor quality and has some fancy sleeving or whatever.

My connectors (ie-da ting I connect da bulb to da wiring wif) were made of plastic and it actually burnt and melted. Aftermarket headlamp wiring kit uses ceramic connectors, lasts longer. Also, did you buy overly high ampere lightbulbs? You'll need a relay kit for anything above 60A I think. Or was it 60V? I forgot. My bulbs are 90A I think.

And not all branded is expensive. The Osram nightbreaker plus bulbs are freaking awesome and costs less than RM90 (for H4 la)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Alo Suprafan, I said connectors la. Bulbs rarely spoil that fast unless it's of poor quality and has some fancy sleeving or whatever.

My connectors (ie-da ting I connect da bulb to da wiring wif) were made of plastic and it actually burnt and melted. Aftermarket headlamp wiring kit uses ceramic connectors, lasts longer. Also, did you buy overly high ampere lightbulbs? You'll need a relay kit for anything above 60A I think. Or was it 60V? I forgot. My bulbs are 90A I think.

And not all branded is expensive. The Osram nightbreaker plus bulbs are freaking awesome and costs less than RM90 (for H4 la)
Oh the connectors...Guess have to change aftermarket rims for better connectors :biggrin:

Not sure, but is it listed on the product? I just told the mech I want brighter bulbs and he recommend only Philips Extreme 80% I can use. I think use for 1 year - 2 years if not wrong.

HB4 mine if not wrong.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh shit, I just remember one thing. I did changed my bulbs before to Phillips Extreme 80%.
But so fast fused? :stoned:
Xtreme also can burn one.....

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Oh the connectors...Guess have to change aftermarket rims for better connectors :biggrin:

Not sure, but is it listed on the product? I just told the mech I want brighter bulbs and he recommend only Philips Extreme 80% I can use. I think use for 1 year - 2 years if not wrong.

HB4 mine if not wrong.
1 to 2 years about time already. My friend's one also blew.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Yours should be 90/110W, the lower ones are 55/60W, all 12V.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Xtreme also can burn one.....

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

1 to 2 years about time already. My friend's one also blew.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Yours should be 90/110W, the lower ones are 55/60W, all 12V.....:biggrin:
So fast, my OEM bulbs only changed after 5 years using :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So fast, my OEM bulbs only changed after 5 years using :rofl:
Yup, my friend who use Osram and Philips say also 1 to 2 years. If Kedai Abang cheapo type around 6 months (I use before) Original ones, mine 10 years already, some more half cut I got spare bulbs...hahahaha:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SF, if you planning to use HID remember to use those projector type like wha Arturo said. Altis IIRC uses H1 or H7 bulbs and these don't comes with cut off shield and the front cap like a H4. It's going to be blinding.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
SF, if you planning to use HID remember to use those projector type like wha Arturo said. Altis IIRC uses H1 or H7 bulbs and these don't comes with cut off shield and the front cap like a H4. It's going to be blinding.
Yup, never use open type to convert to HID......:stupid:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
famous workshop @ metro prima kepong..hmmm?

Zhapalang motorsports @ Kent goh & Zenden goh? haha
No la, not that one la :rofl: That is my regular mech liao lo. Another more popular
japan brand.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Anyway don't plan to get HID, Altis Projector Headlamp is made in Taiwan, Smoked type...doesn't match my stock look car without bodykits...

Maybe get this projector headlamp, crystal clear type. RM500 used. But posted in Jun 2010 :rofl:

or

This type?

Type A

Type B

Not cheap though, all Taiwan including shipping fee RM1.2 - RM1.3K

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
no.... eneos....
:biggrin: ah...no comment just learn from my experience not to go there anymore.
Last experience, in 1 month I can go back 3 times with different problems.

No proof of anything but the last problem was 1 of my engine hose was broken,
somewhat bocor. DIY one new one for my ride..

khsim

Known Member
Apr 16, 2009
my mum was send her waja to kepong jusco en?os service center to change the ATF oil last month....a fat chinese uncle mechanic was tell her this n that rosak n need repair...after my mum ignore him n his atitude suddenly be fucking bad n face like shit....after my mum collect her waja n feel that something wrong about the car......engine check light on,engine jerking like hell n the car was totally under power....after send to other's place checking n the throttle position sensor was running......i suspect the cb mechanic was do something in the TPS coz we ignore his idea to repiar.....so to who''s always service ur car there...pls make sure u look urself when they touch ur car n beware the cb fat uncle mechanic.....:thefinger:

Last edited: