cant open my fuel cap liao

lan evo

Nov 24, 2003
is the cable broken?if yes u can try to find it at chop shop.if cant get it then u can customise one

kampoon

Mar 4, 2006
go modify Mr Bean punya lock lor........hehe

mobilo

Dec 18, 2003
Klang Valley
Mynndawg,

Are you talking about the "lever" to pop open the fuel tank cover? If so, have someone pull the lever and you go check whether the small arm moves or not on the inside of the cover itself. If it's not moving, then perhaps cable got disconnected somewhere.

I don't think it's something serious but if the cable alrdy snapped, then it's quite tricky to have it replaced. Not sure where the cable is lined up on your car but try to trace it.

Good luck

leslie

Aug 14, 2004
its not a hard thing to fix... dont worry man... !!! mine sometimes doesn't pop up as well... i usually insert something underneath the lever to keep it up so i can walk to the tank cover and open it manually... but it only happens to me sometimes...

acbc

KD
I believe there is a spring on the cap itself. Sometimes, u just need to bent it a little just like what I did for my car. Or spend RM 10 for a used cap from the chop shop. Evo maybe a little expensive.

Jabby

Nov 19, 2005
bro i had da same prob too last time on my e7... bought da ori mitsu spring for 30 bucks i think... now ok d...

Jabby

Nov 19, 2005
i went to a sparepart shop in ss19 sj... they ordered from mitsu supplier... took a day to get it...

Remember how Lexus went all Ferrari-esque and announced that the LFA wouldn’t be available for sale in the first two years but would instead be leased to owners on the pretext of preventing speculators from cashing in on the supercar by reselling it immediately and pocketing a handsome profit...