Cannot start 4G18

Gilbert Kong Kean Hin

From Facebook
Mar 22, 2011
www.facebook.com
Hello to all, im in dire need of help here......after one day without driving i cant start my Waja (4G18):bawling:
after one day (today) the voltage is 11.00v ......SERIOUS HELP and Recommendations needed!!!
just changed the battery btw
Thanks and G'day!!!

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
There always 2 things involved if car can't start. Starter and altenator. Check all wiring. One more thing but i'm also not sure is some say it's due to belt tensioner. Correct me if i'm wrong.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hello to all, im in dire need of help here......after one day without driving i cant start my Waja (4G18):bawling:
after one day (today) the voltage is 11.00v ......SERIOUS HELP and Recommendations needed!!!
just changed the battery btw
Thanks and G'day!!!
a voltage of 11v should be enough to start your car right??? :hmmmm:
maybe its the alternator
but then again there can be many possibilities you need to list out the exact symptoms of the car

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
a strong & brand new batt should produce 14v.....
maybe your batt got problem. happened to me, bought new batt, after 2 mths kong...luckly got free replacement.......

suspected alternator or starter....
current starter could be recond, just change the stuffs inside, the padding i think....i forgot the term...bout rm30-40 only.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
a strong battery shud be producing 12v without the alternator's in operation, when the engine is started, only then will the battery voltage shows +-14v. 11v of battery charge shud be able to crank the engine up, depending on the starter being used jugek..

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
err guys sorry for interrupting..since the word 'battery' came up on dis thread..jez wana ask something here, after changing wit a new battery..my car cannot being started after i left it a few days, its like dis..after changing the battery to a new one,it worked nicely..then the next day after went back from work..d battery 'kaput'..car alarm didnt work, all indicators on meter panel didnt show up, even my apex'i pen timer showing none..what cud b d symptoms really?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sounds like an alternator's fault, y did u changed it previously? do a load test on the electrical system and report back sir

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
sounds like an alternator's fault, y did u changed it previously? do a load test on the electrical system and report back sir
---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

izit true?i changed it bcoz last time my old battery showing around +-7 on the timer, n all d indicator light wasn't bright when i turn on the key..car also cannot start,furthermore the battery was old enuf i guess coz it came together with he h/cut i bought last few years..so i changed the battery..it seems fine for a few days..then after 1night park at home,the next day car cannot start edy..

as u know some batteries use to have some kinda' indicator (green-ok, white-recharged, black-out of power) to check whether the battery is ok or not right?i checked thru' it..the indicator not showing green anymore..it shows black,not using the battery even a week..so i did change the battery cuz stil got warranty, when the workers check the battery it looks like the battery is out of power,so got replacement..i change battery again, then after a few days..same thing occurs..:bawling:

jez fyi, i already did a relocation of the battery, now battery is in the rear boot,anything related wit this mod?..how to do a load test then?:hmmmm:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
yep, check the alternator sir, seems like it was the one causing the previous battery to die out

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
tks to all sifus..my problem solved, confirmed it was the alternator..already changed it..my ride ok now..cheers!:burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi every one,

i just own a set of logitech G27 game steering wheel . and now just done my custom racing cockpit with my brother. great feel when playing NEED FOR SPEED (PS3)

just for sharing . thank you

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience