Can we keep absorbers for some time?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear forumers...

Got a question here. I bought a front set of absorbers last 3 months but haven't fix into my ar due to some reason. Now, I plan to delay further until december because I want to change the rear sets as well together with other things that needs to be changed.

Keeping a new set of absorbers for that period without fixing them and using them, is it okay? Will it deteriorate the absorbers or cause it to loose durability next time?

Thanks...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Is there an expiry date on it?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Absorbers also got "expiry date" meh?

Well, this is the first time im hearing....

My personal opinion is that...

Yes, you may keep it for sometime but not too long 5 years etc...

However, one thing not advisable is that when you change the absorbers,

Either front or back...

You cannot change one piece, gotto change both sides together....

On the other hand, its OK to change only front first, back later or vice-versa...:playingball:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errr...how long did u think they keep in warehouse and sparepart shop storage??? :adore:

Last edited:

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
just place it in the normal position(like we install it inside the car)...don't put it laying on the ground...and cover the thingy properly especially the shaft...just my 2 cents...

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
the only downside i can think of is the waranty expired...since its been already 3 month from date of purchase and roughly another 3 month till december...so 1/2 year warranty done already...if the shop give you 1 year...then you left with 1/2 year warranty...

perfomance wise...i dont think it will effect anything...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Metals don't detoriate that easily...just keep them away from damp or space with high humidity will do. U r not keeping it for years so it will be ok. The only thing we gotta check is the oil/gas in it. Again, if it's not very long then it's ok...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thank you for your reply guys... I know it sounds silly... But I am thinking will the rubber seals and stuff get deteriorated form lack of movements and pressure. Some materials tend to last when pressure is being applied and removed. I keeps it in it's right texture and shape. But if one keeps it for long, it tends to get hardened, or lose the shape.

If you get what I mean... Nevertheless, thank you for your replies...