AAAGGGHHHHH HELP folks my proton satria keeps dying andruns like a bag of spanners gg

weejoe

Nov 28, 2012
west kilbride
Hi there i see lots of u guys have had or r having the same problem as i am with my proton satria ggrrrrr losing power when accelerating to the point im in 2nd gear doing 15 mph and at that its jerky also not idling well and dies after a few mins, its really doing my head in its been more off the road than on in the last yr new clutch, full exhaust system (excl cat), 02 sensors, fuel pump & filter, air temp sensor, throttle body, air filter am almost at the end of my tether and bank funds oh and has now started jumping out of 4th gear aaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HELP GUYS!!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Re: AAAGGGHHHHH HELP folks my proton satria keeps dying andruns like a bag of spanner

have u tried check ur ignition system? cable, plug, distributor plus throttle body etc ? have it check too with the pdt for ecu settings? any error code?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Re: AAAGGGHHHHH HELP folks my proton satria keeps dying andruns like a bag of spanner

have u tried check ur ignition system? cable, plug, distributor plus throttle body etc ? have it check too with the pdt for ecu settings? any error code?
The TS isn't in Malaysia. I think he/she is in UK. Not sure if they have the PDT there. And looking at the list of things changed, only thing left seems to be the coil. But in another thread the TS is asking where to the buy bougicord ig.cables.

weejoe

Nov 28, 2012
west kilbride

The TS isn't in Malaysia. I think he/she is in UK. Not sure if they have the PDT there. And looking at the list of things changed, only thing left seems to be the coil. But in another thread the TS is asking where to the buy bougicord ig.cables.

Hi yea im in the uk and have changed the coil pack and spark plugs aswell must have forgot that in the list lol ;0) yea looking to change the ig cables tried a friends but no diff but they mite not have been the right ones as i am struggling to find replacements in the uk gggrrrrr any help or advice would be gr8 the car starts ok so didnt think it would be the ignition cable or plug its as if its getting starved of fuel so still thinkin along the air/fuel intake line/sensor/meter i got another new throttle body 2dy so will fit it 2mw and see what happens wish me luck folks at this stage i really need it :bawling: dont wanna get rid of it as i luv it but getting to the point where i dont no wot else to do, am not working atm either so financially strugglin if i need buy any more parts for it. :hmmmm:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

He drives Proton, so better to ask exporting country for better response......

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

got it check with pdt/obd scanner and retune back with all those newly installed part and most importantly to check any error code that might trigger the check engine light and "safe mode" running that cut lots of power... :adore:

K3N

Nov 7, 2007

Try replace the water temperature sensor located at the intake manifold and let me know how it goes:top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi anyone still owning wira c99 here ? Still stock ? How to fix rust and roof bubble rust issues.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience