Buying advice for Evo and Impreza

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the thread becoming engine modding. power modding, no-limit-of budget performance, flat out performance sampai 2000hp, etc......than advising the owner which car to buy for shopping, weekend driving, TT and occasional tracking.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Is not about very expensive but more of the difficulty in workmanship. Because the cylinder head of the boxer engine is located quite deep below the engine and they are facing the sides of the engine bay. Troublesome to remove and replace the plugs.

Therefore, what I know is, most owners will use longer lasting plugs such as Iridium plugs on their boxer engines because it will be troublesome to frequently replace the spark plugs.
Usually they use Denso Iridium Tough, long life plugs.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
my future car too..hopefully in 3 years time..STI :biggrin:

Anyway, i did survey and ask mechanic/friends that service/using sti,

Not much of a problem for the sti, Require proper/periodic maintenance and service, everything is ok.

so far i know metal gasket issue and clutch bearing.
I thought you went Evo 3 with your car already? So, you plan to sell off your current car for STI in future?

the thread becoming engine modding. power modding, no-limit-of budget performance, flat out performance sampai 2000hp, etc......than advising the owner which car to buy for shopping, weekend driving, TT and occasional tracking.
At least still can be linked to Evo, STI. :biggrin:

Don forget 16k carbon seat...lol
That one is related to thread since S204 is in this thread.

Provided that the plugs don't fail before the estimated mileage. VR2 said something similar like happened to him before.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I thought you went Evo 3 with your car already? So, you plan to sell off your current car for STI in future?
Yup, with my FF evo3 for now, and yes sti in future, not necessarily sti, might go for sleeper legacy, dpends how many Jr(s) i have in future :rofl:

evo3 just to learn turbo car engine/characteristic. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, with my FF evo3 for now, and yes sti in future, not necessarily sti, might go for sleeper legacy, dpends how many Jr(s) i have in future :rofl:

evo3 just to learn turbo car engine/characteristic. :biggrin:
If Legacy, go for manual and you will almost feel like you are having a Impreza WRX STI. JDM Legacy are using the same engine if I am not mistaken. Just that most of them here came with auto.... Legacy is good. The subtle low profile look but still very fast for large sedan/wagon. Highway stability should also be better since it is larger than the Impreza...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
So long it is the real deal then OK. Me think last time i read it in zth, that iridium plug oso suspected to be fake.
If not, supposedly "long life plugs" shortens engine life pulak.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm planning to install a set HWL adjustable to my wira 1.3....but the problem is here
izzit the HWL adjustable for Wira are same model with Waja,Satria,putra?
means even wira 1.3 ,1.5, 1.8....also use the same model?
like HWL adjustable current using on Waja 1.6....but it also can fit to Wira 1.3??

thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience