Buy a used car

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
stereobiru,
use this thread to ask bout the interest rates, no need to open a new thread, all questions bout your used car do direct it here.tq
Ok bos. Noted. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Ya, will PM you later. You can ask if he is free, charges I not too sure. Ya even if bring a mech, will minimise your chances of getting a lemon but can't guarantee a problem free car as certain things cant really check until you really drive it for certain period of time but most parts can be check.

Just to let u know 1st, to take into account on that. Won't be 100% perfect but better than checking on your own :smile:

You can choose to send to him for full service if u want to after purchase. Price is reasonable and so far he is really my trusted mechanic recommended by a friend that know him and been sending his car to him for about 30 years. :love:
Ok.. Thank you bro for reminder. agree like u said, it more bettert that i bring an experienced mech to take a look that car than checking by myself. I just want to make sure that the car want to buy not having a "big problem" after purchase. So, want to minimize the risk of getting that "big problem" if i cant bring along the mech to check the car. Anyway, thank again bro..

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

You similar to one of his client who stay in Kepong also and still send to him in Puchong for service....:biggrin:
as long the service provided tip top and trusted, the distance is not problem..haha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Working for 8 month and thinking about getting into debt for cars?

RM7k, buy a 2005 My First Lotus. Manual.

Handling that will trash the Vios and City, body that is super tough, easy to maintain just change the spark plug cables and other minor stuff. Its a car nobody would steal, especially after you stick a AMT badge on it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ok bos. Noted. Thanks

Ok.. Thank you bro for reminder. agree like u said, it more bettert that i bring an experienced mech to take a look that car than checking by myself. I just want to make sure that the car want to buy not having a "big problem" after purchase. So, want to minimize the risk of getting that "big problem" if i cant bring along the mech to check the car. Anyway, thank again bro..[
as long the service provided tip top and trusted, the distance is not problem..haha
You bring Vr2turbo, they dare not cheat u. See him already scared :rofl:

Handling that will trash the Vios and City, body that is super tough, easy to maintain just change the spark plug cables and other minor stuff. Its a car nobody would steal, especially after you stick a AMT badge on it.
Why keep promoting Proton Savvy LOL! :rofl:

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

I think, this is suitable time to get a car bro. ibefore have any commitment like marriage, have child, etc now..hehehe.. Want to buy cash, but don't have enough money..hehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think, this is suitable time to get a car bro. ibefore have any commitment like marriage, have child, etc now..hehehe.. Want to buy cash, but don't have enough money..hehe
Actually get a kelisa 1st, then get a house. Then only change bigger car is the best choice :biggrin:

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Actually get a kelisa 1st, then get a house. Then only change bigger car is the best choice :biggrin:
for now want to get a good car but affordable with my budget and i hope this car i can used in the long period because i not a person who like to change a car. For now, i think is ok to get used vios or city because i dont have any commitment right now. hehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Usual loh! My ex colleagues better, finish loan change car continue pay.....:hmmmm:
Use the money to downpayment for another :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
think he did that so can get better trade in value so can have less installment repayment

wifey lenovo wit tapatalk
Yah! But finish pay loan, means no need pay anymore :hmmmm:.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Use the money to downpayment for another :biggrin:
Yah! just want to pay installments......:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yah! But finish pay loan, means no need pay anymore :hmmmm:.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Yah! just want to pay installments......:driver:
I'm enjoying the installment free lifestyle at the moment LOL!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Maybe he wants the thrill of where to get $$$ for the installments.....hahahahaha:biggrin:
LOL! Instead of using it for something else, he wants to use it for installment :rofl:
Now that installment I used to pay for BLM previously, now can put in good use.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
nope.. but just working around 8month++.. i plan to get a used car for now whether vios (old version) or honda city 2008. Not interested with myvi or saga for now..hehe

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

I try get the used vios or city first. The persona not in my planning but still in consideration.
Bro, after u test drove the Vios and City u wanted, u will be amazed how Persona handles.
I am only driving B line which means no ABS and no rear discs. SV has everything including dual airbags. (I got one only for myself.) City first gen not bad though, 7 speed sport.
Still, its an old car. Persona only has power windows problem. THAT is all.

edit: Yes, IAFM can be a problem but if u switch off your air cond before u off ur engine, its no biggie.
Thats what I heard, and mine still in good cond.
Btw, just test drive it and test it in anyway u can imagine, superb.
Cheappppp somemore. I bought 56k, now 46k I really wanna kill myself.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro, after u test drove the Vios and City u wanted, u will be amazed how Persona handles.
I am only driving B line which means no ABS and no rear discs. SV has everything including dual airbags. (I got one only for myself.) City first gen not bad though, 7 speed sport.

edit: Yes, IAFM can be a problem but if u switch off your air cond before u off ur engine, its no biggie.
Some just don't want Proton woh!....:hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
including my wife, no matter how affordable how spacious it's still a no no.
Yup, Perodua ladies still okay, but when comes to Proton is a no no. Just like how I end up getting and joining Speedy Gonzalez gang.

RM5K could get me a Proton Wira, but she doesn't want cuz she says makan minyak (especially if it is A/T)
So, get a deer which is small and she can drive as well so is okay :rofl:

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
i have to say, City is really a good car and FC is outstanding. My brother-in-law has it, and it was amazing. But in terms of looks, both City and Vios looks like Dugong. sorry i have to say tht, but other than tht, its a good car. Cheap spare part and is easy to get literally every where, locally.

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

for now, don't think to take car from proton la bro.. don't interested..hehe..except for inspira. But so sad la cause inspira so expensive lor..can't afford la..:bawling:

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

i have to say, City is really a good car and FC is outstanding. My brother-in-law has it, and it was amazing. But in terms of looks, both City and Vios looks like Dugong. sorry i have to say tht, but other than tht, its a good car. Cheap spare part and is easy to get literally every where, locally.
Hehe..dont mind if dugong or not..as long as FC good, the spare part easy to get, it thinks it fair enough. your brother-in-low used what type of city bro? IDSI? and the car manufactured?

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Some just don't want Proton woh!....:hmmmm:
yeah, i feel like that also..hehe

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

In terms of FC, Since TS focus more on FC, persona is no where near it.
Oh really?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh really?
Seriously, if you drive normal and not pedal to metal all the time, if you compare FC with most standard cars, Vios FC is really really good. Well, to cut it short, toyota 1 of their selling point is good FC other than reliability.

Can't compare with newer technologies cars though, some really have great fc. But to compare with same generation models, Vios FC is really good.

Another one would be feedback from Cvkit's Manual Myvi 1.5L. Another good FC car.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
including my wife, no matter how affordable how spacious it's still a no no.
We had a Wira before for 4 years. After the roof rusted no more Proton. But did go back to test the Exora. In the end still don't like....hahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

for now, don't think to take car from proton la bro.. don't interested..hehe..except for inspira. But so sad la cause inspira so expensive lor..can't afford la..:bawling:
That is because basically is not a Proton.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, need some help here, i know nuts about Engine Management...

My car currently running on dual barrel carburators, I would like to convert to Fuel Injection.

I have already purchased the 4-throttle body kit, linkages, air filter, fuel rails.

Originally the engine uses a Mallory distributor and CDI ignition.

I would like to buy a standalone ECU, something like Haltech, Motec, Microtech etc...

I dont need anything highend, something basic that controls the fuel/throttle and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience