Engine Management Conversion for Dummies

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
Hi, need some help here, i know nuts about Engine Management...

My car currently running on dual barrel carburators, I would like to convert to Fuel Injection.

I have already purchased the 4-throttle body kit, linkages, air filter, fuel rails.

Originally the engine uses a Mallory distributor and CDI ignition.

I would like to buy a standalone ECU, something like Haltech, Motec, Microtech etc...

I dont need anything highend, something basic that controls the fuel/throttle and ignition would suffice.

For the ignition, i plan to remove the distributor and use a crank position sensor. I have the crank pulley machined for this purpose....

Any ECU is recommended?

i dont really know much about these electronics so any help comment would much be appreaciated.

i already have

1. throttle bodies kit, linkage, filter, injectors fitted with TPS
2. Crank position sensor and trigger wheel
3. what other sensor do i need?

Last edited:

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
thanks, cipan, i was actualy reading it, seems to me like the way to go....

forgot to add that I also have the Coil pack made by Valeo taken from a Citroen car.

so i guess i basically have all the hardware covered

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Below is a simple guide on cleaning and PnP your TB...

My TB was due for service since it's never been properly clean before..previous ways was just to spray some cleaner to clean it so I went back early after work to clean and PnP the TB myself.

What you need:
1. Engine cleaner or degreaser x 3 cans...any brand will do..I use to 3in1 cleaner with the lemon citrus scent but this cleaner is quite harsh on the hands....I skin was dried and itchy after I finish the job so better wear a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience