Bushings for RX7

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

endless551

Known Member
Hi guys, am thinking about getting all the factory rubber bushing on the car replaced with fresh new ones. Has anyone ever done so? As most of our cars here are more than 10 years old no doubt those rubber bushes are hardened by now and making ur ride not so perfect. Is it possible to get some polyurethane bushes? I'm actually planning to change all the bushing underneath, here are some that I can think of, if I miss out any, pls give your input. cheers.

A frame to chassis bushes rear lower
A frame to chassis bushes rear upper
Control arm bushes front of front
Control arm bushes rear of front
Sway bar mount front and rear
sawy bar link front and rear.

wat else? and where????

Originally posted by Mazdaspeed A-spec.@Dec 22 2004, 12:09
i can get complete set of PU bushings for FC
RM1200
call 012-2664280 if interested
Could you kindly list down the bushings for my car? What brands/make r those bushing? Local? How about engine and transmission mounts? THanks.

mazdaspeed a spek ,

you also got sell arr ? I have 1 set comming also ,

endless551,
imported from US lar, not local
if coolblue got one set grab from him
very hard to come by
he sold one set to me also
very good stuff
put already whole car feels totally different

mazdaspeed ,

how much you bought ya ...
many ppl asking thats why ,

yes u should change it....another FC owner? wow we need to make a club man hehehe

So how much in total?? Thats my main concern... hehehe.. I'll be dropping by at Ah Choi's place this saturday, feel free to drop by.. FC club sounds like a good idea :D

I'M IN!!! hehehe....whaddup fellow FC guys? yeah...talking about bushings. that's one thing i'll be getting too. I'm also thinking about changing the sway bars; front and rear. anyone know if there are any changes in size on the bushings by the sway bars? since the diameter of the bars will change......

one more stupid question.....how hard is it to do it ourselves?

Bushings not too hard to changela.. if you get energy suspension type, the hardest part is getting the old ones off. The new ones just pop right in. Just get a hacksaw for the front control arms... and make sure you have a gear puller. (3 jaw type, 7ton rating)

Had a closer look at my front lower arm bar bushings... all hardened and cracks r visible everywhere.. Guess its about time..

Hack saw will do fine with the aid of some power drill!!! B)

Originally posted by endless551+Dec 22 2004, 13:18 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (endless551 @ Dec 22 2004, 13:18 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mazdaspeed A-spec.@Dec 22 2004, 12:09
i can get complete set of PU bushings for FC
RM1200
call 012-2664280 if interested
Could you kindly list down the bushings for my car? What brands/make r those bushing? Local? How about engine and transmission mounts? THanks. [/b][/quote]
hi endless,

Its good to change your bushings. You might want to check out Super Pro Bushes from Australia. They have all sorts of bushings for old cars especially Fords. Super pro has got an application list for their bushes you might want to check and see if your car is listed. check out the following link!

Super Pro Application

Another option for you is Energy Suspension bushes.

i would actually suggest that you stick to rubber bushes as the PU bushes do not provide any confort at all.

I just had a ride in Satria GTI fitted with PU bushings all over. Car steerings perfectly - feels like its sticking to the ground but with the condition of our roads here, I almost felt my brains doing the 180 turn! :wacko:

cheers!

Originally posted by slacker@Dec 27 2004, 15:42
oooo slacker u changed all of yours already?

almost all.. bugger malas want to change the rear ones :P
he don't call himself slacker for nothing. hehehehe.....i'm going to do mine soon. but i need some energy bushings. need to get someone to get it for me in the states. James...maybe?? :P

I could look into it if you want. I think RM500 should cover it?
maybe less depends on shipping.

About USD100 for the bushings about maybe $20-$30 for shipping?

Yea that's about what the energy suspension set costs. Comes with

-front control arm bushings
-Sway bar bushings
-sway bar endlink bushings
-dust boot for tie rod ends
-dust boot for ball joints
-rear sway bar bushings
-rear sway bar endlink bushings

yeap....you can't get any better deals than Energy bushings when it comes to bushings. but damn....the shipping would be a rob. heard many good feedbacks on them too....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom