budget performancetyre

3zz

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
we hav gripest tyre thread,best all round type,quiet comfortable tyre..
n now budget performance tyre..

which tyre which have price tag not expensive as ad08 but are ok2 for attacking corner...
ie;michelin pp2..

what else?

SRduapuluh

Mar 1, 2010
Johor Bahru
i think most of performance tyre is not cheap...
maybe the performance tyre which comes from chop shop is cheaper..
currently using used tyre bought from chop shop n i got the 15inch Bridgestone Potenza 75% left.Rm50 each n still using it almost 5 month.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bro,
tires have life span....try checkout the year made....if its more than 5years - please don use even the thread still new...danger to u and other road user. its harden and wont grip that well. it will suddenly burst too....take care of others and yourself...:) cheerz

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
3zz, i dont have anything to recommend but the goodyear eagle F1 sir, its an all rounder performance tyre, cheaper then most out there. there made a comparison between the eagle F1 assymetric with the best tyres out there side-by-side and most (mostly journalist) who took the test agreed dat the eagle is the best amongst those that were tested.

the eagle assymetric isnt cheap, i know.. but the eagle F1 comparatively is, dis is the tyre dat allowed me to blast down kl~ayer keroh in 40 minutes in the rain fyi

IF u are aiming for sumthin cheaper, AND know what LIMITS are, then the sime astar is a good choice for u sir. the thing is, the sime astar is shite if cold, but once warmed up it grips good on dry tarmac. DO NOT try out this tyre in the wet, even in the slightest of drips. they dont offer any performance on water, lol. we installed the astar in an evo3 on all four (we budgeted low for the tyres, put too much on performance items, lol) and initially found out the tyres were shite, boost jer terus lost grip.. but on the way for testing up to genting, as the tyre warmed up, i found dat the same input on similar up-hill roads brings the car over steer instead of letting go and induce much under steer to the whole car. so, what i did was, warmed the tyres summore by going more agressive on corners and once they were wamred up, the grip was good

ohh, the silverstone FTZ is also a good budget tyre, but i havent used dat i years dah, i forgotten about it dah.. i stopped using this tyre when i found out dat goodyear tires gives better grip in wet condition while still be cheaper and quieter

gerres

Aug 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi there..

anyone know where to find 235/45R17..my tyre bald already..prefer hankook v12 or any other suggestion that cheap but good for high speed??

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
just like Turanza... after use, very Tulan-la...:mad:
LOL! Anyway, I would go with leo on this one - Goodyear F1 GSD3 :) Or yoko A-drive R1

I don't think the word "performance" and "budget" are on the same page unless you are looking for the best value among performance tyres.

I just like to point out that you get what you pay for. Period. :D

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
fgt, indeed, u get what u pay for, but comparatively speaking any goodyear is better then most if comparison is made between cost and performance

gerres

Aug 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
asked shop today..they quoted V12 rm460 for 235/45R17 and rm340 for 215/45R17 including balancing and valve..good deal?very difficult la to find that size..so tired la to survey every shop :vollkommenauf:

F-RSR & kumho esta??how much is that??

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
hai.. gona change my tyre very soon..
wana ask.. wat type of tyre is good for performance n daily used?/
not a real performance, as long as its grip..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You have probably heard this story before about BMW working on a M-badged variant of the 1-Series. In fact it's been going on for years, we've seen spy shots and videos alleging to be that of the M-badged 1-Series, but nothing has been official, till now.

In an interview with German webzine "Auto-News", BMW M GmbH's Managing Director Dr. Kay Segler for the first time officially acknowledged the Bavarian...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience