Brothers Stuff

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

prince8485

May 11, 2005
KL
i bought amp in brothers ampang last saturday (may 7th) and after one week using that amp...feel not good enought for me to blast my 800wts kenwood subwoofer....

so, do u think they will allowed me to change it to other brand...get a new power one...and of course need to add RMRMRM......

anyone had experience........need to go to that shop today....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
im sure they would. bring along the receipt and tell them that ur unsatisfied with the current amp and willing to top up for a better one. cheers.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
im using brother's amp wat...i can blast my single 12' kenwood...both my amps for woofer n comps is brothers...lol

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
prince8485 said:
i bought amp in brothers ampang last saturday (may 7th) and after one week using that amp...feel not good enought for me to blast my 800wts kenwood subwoofer....

so, do u think they will allowed me to change it to other brand...get a new power one...and of course need to add RMRMRM......

anyone had experience........need to go to that shop today....
personal experience... well i will never trust their amps no more. why...

a) lack of power
b) improper watts
c) unreliable
d) tak tahan lama

i used mine not even 1 year and threw it down sungai gombak... why well... it stated 800 watts but it didn't feel 800 with just cap ayam woofers and it had 2 20amp fuse but couldn't work changed them to 30amp still the same and it was when i was tuning my cap ayam subs with my dB Drag CD track 44 the amp went up in smoke but it was still functioning!!! both fuse not only bakar but melted but the amp was still functioning!!! that day onwards... i say brothers... weak ;)

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
boggysv said:
Dude, you are killing the fishes... :D
it's a playground area for 'em... non toxic :p;)

prince8485

May 11, 2005
KL
bro pocketrocket & others...that lousy amp stated 1200wts...and my sub 12' rated 800wts....but it seems that amp still cannot punch my sub...when turn to high volumn...its started to decrease the bass power....when play in mid-volume...the sound turn to brrp..brrrppp...brrrpppp.....

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
prince8485 said:
bro pocketrocket & others...that lousy amp stated 1200wts...and my sub 12' rated 800wts....but it seems that amp still cannot punch my sub...when turn to high volumn...its started to decrease the bass power....when play in mid-volume...the sound turn to brrp..brrrppp...brrrpppp.....
It can be due to other factors besides the amp.
Sub box design, sub box size, LPF frequencies, HU/amp input & output matching etc etc.

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
u dun see de wattage if u buy chowkia amps....all tipu wan..
u see the fuses n calculate..
say ur car gives out 12V...ok..then find an amp with 2 pieces fuses '20'ampere each.then u can find out how many watts ur brothers amp can punch the speakers..for components....

for sub,look for a brothers amp that has 2 pieces of '30'amperes fuse..thats the minimum power to punch ur sub...dun ever believe wats written on brothers stuff or amps under RM1k....my 2 cents...thx

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
pieces aka uncle soong tuned my system wat...lol...he told me can do better if got better amps la...but so far,he's impressed wz my setup,to me,it sounds heavenly..for sq.very crispy,high center staging...tweeters are just sweet man...

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
poc roc,
when i can audit ur car wei :p

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
yau mou lan?
got valeraine comp set wor :D

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
800W Kenwood Sub ? Which model izzit ? How many watt if your current amp ? Did you try bridge the amp to whack the sub ?

prince8485

May 11, 2005
KL
ha ha...yesterday went to that shop....kawtim dgn dia punye tauke....can changed to other brand..KENWOOD...top up 238 (Price RM538)...but tolak old amp RM300.00..still rugi RM50 (cause the ori price RM350.00)...but puas hati lol....sound better and got brand some more...very powerfull...now thinking to get 4chnl to drive mid & 6x9....those who want to sell their 4 chnl amp...just let me know

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
.one thin i hate is Brothers is a cash and carry they let other people fix want so lets say u buy their radio, no doubt it is cheap but when spoil you have to pay them workmanship to take out ur radio NOT WORTHY

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
hmmm i bought a cap ayam amp call SAGA there stated 800w 4 channel
but only use 2 so ony 400w,it ony power 4mid bass and 4 tweeter,so far when play char kei song, sound still good.

now im waiting for my 2, philip 8'' sub and see how it sound like if i connect to my other 2 channel,hope fully it sound good,
and
ya my system dont have any head unit,i just use my handphone as head unit :P

handphone direct to amp

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For some unknown reason,Sultan allowed this magazine to take an in-depth look on the world most talked garages throughout all the motorhead & enthusiasts.
Wheels mag(Issue:?? ) has been allowed to talk with some of the mechanics(that still work) on how sultan's obsession has grown uncontrollable & how the big name of automotive player deals with his crazy consumption of automobiles.

Here is some of the scanned page...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience