Brand new F10 BMW deliver with etched water-spots damaged - restored and OPTI COAT pr

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Getting new car always comes with bundle of joy & excitements

My buddy, contacted me to protect his investment a couple of weeks ago prior collecting his brand new car, and we specifically mentioned not to be wash by road side car wash

on his way home driving thru some highway under construction and pilling

splashes of 'Wet' boring* spillage (drilling fluids) splattered the under wheel wells and lower side of the car

drilling fluid systems usually consist components of a kerosene-like
petroleum base density compound.
so pls flush off instantly...to avoid hard to removed mud like stains....with Alien clean

this is not an easy task to remove especially when is left unattended few days but with Alien clean effortlessly

we always begin by a good good washing with Alien No rinse wash + Alien clean
cleaning the electronic damper control carefully

more cleaning with Alien clean

more cleaning required

anti rust drips

spray on brush off & rinse away with OPC

before

after alienised with Alien clean

a weeks old wheels

closer

closer

immerse amount of dust accumulated and not easy to clean but..............................

after a simple bath - with Alien clean

before

after a good bath before opti coat

rims exterior before

after

moving to side steps area...

removing dirt trapped in between by Opti clean

center console cleaning make easier with OPTI Clean

cleaning the fuel filler area

a newly fitted universal Diesel filler adapter cap for all petrol station (as many comes with difference size of pump nozzle)

moving in
to clean the rest with the effortless Optimum Opti clean

example
before

after Opti clean

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
after a good good bath - we further prepare the paint surface decontamination - follow by inspection as paint need to be carefully studied and measured prior correction

this enable a quick assessment of the quality of the paint finish and to verify the clear coat is not endangered or too much of clear coat being removed during paint leveling / over excessively

we discover some deep water spots etching on the paint

closer

The most important thing a person can do is to find out what caused the problem and then try to avoid it into the future because you cannot continue to compound a thin, hard factory finish as you'll go through the clear and expose the basecoat.
MIKE PHILLIPS

another water spots etch

thank God, we had this came along to study how much clear coat to be leveled when removing the extensive water spot damage.

more at the water trapped at the catchment area of the rear bonnet

In order to remove this kind of crater etchings water spots we have to abrade till the lowest surfaces /depths of the crater etchings, this will remove paint.

before

after polish & paint measure

after coating

point this out because I helped a guy once that got crater etchings from a sprinkler that went off at 4:00am every morning where he parks his car at a Condo and after he removed the spots he continued to park there.
MIKE PHILLIPS

after careful inspection prior opti coat applied

a simple illustration

galaxy

far away

paint re define

another hot hot day

ta da

the most wonderful protection anyone could gives to these chrome parts is opti coat

close up inspection after opti coat

more protection on plastic head lamp

side mirror plastic parts protection

front door

front bonnet

after

wow wow

amazing reflection

look at this

look again

clarity & glossiness retain under opti coat

rear bumper

rear

twin tail pipe polish by Master seech with optimum metal polish

thank you for viewing another detailing thread of KC

the front

the rear

the over all

another sheer driving pleasure ready

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Re: Brand new F10 BMW deliver with etched water-spots damaged - restored and OPTI COA

WOW! Master KC got a new toy! A reputable brand paint thickness gauge!! I want to take READING of my RED! :love:

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Re: Brand new F10 BMW deliver with etched water-spots damaged - restored and OPTI COA

My pics from the F10 detail with KC.

Claying with alien no-rinse as a clay lubricant.

As expected from a new car, very minimal contamination on the surface.

Sifu KC at work cleaning the wheel arches...

while I dealt with the twin exhaust tips.

Cleaning with alien clean....

Followed by Optimum Metal Polish.

Done.... nice and shiny!

Now for the detailed paint inspection.

Hmm.... water spots/etching... seems to be common on our F10's.

Compounding with the latest Optimum MicroFiber Compounding pad with Optimum Hyper Compound pads to remove the water spots/etchings.

Followed by polishing with Optimum Hyper Polish and the Optimum Double-Sided Red Foam followed by the Flex3401 with the Optimum MicroFiber Polishing Pad with Optimum Hyper Polish for the ultimate finish.

KC polishing the front bumper after removing the license plates.

Permanently protecting the paint with Optimum OptiCoat.

All done...

Awesome gloss and shine.

More details to come.... :-)

Last edited:

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL

My pics from the F10 detail with KC.

Followed by polishing with Optimum Hyper Polish and the Optimum Double-Sided Red Foam followed by the Flex3401 with the Optimum MicroFiber Polishing Pad with Optimum Hyper Polish for the ultimate finish.

KC polishing the front bumper after removing the license plates.
Near ZERO DUSTING using Optimum Hyper Polish! Some polishes(creamy/liquid type) I noticed once polished will leave the whole panel covered with polishing dust that requires clean up later but I noticed little to no dusting using OHP. Even KC doesn't require to wear a face mask. :congrats:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003

KC, your face arrr..... makes me wanna say

"Why So Serious!" ala Joker style.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com

KC, your face arrr..... makes me wanna say

"Why So Serious!" ala Joker style.

there is always a time for everything - u dont do it when u r detailing others car.....
of all the workshops u attended so far- i always have plently of jokes and humour
thats natural me....no when u r battling with this giant issue.....

come lets have some fun now

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi does rr engine fit honda city 2009 body???

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

i wan some power in my car but i dunno wat should i do , can give any advice , sum1 tell me rr fit but sum say dun fit , sumore rr engine expensive, any cheaper way??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience