Brake Problem

G-Venatic35

Oct 29, 2008
Wonder if any Z owners had encountered any brake problem with the loose/metal sound when you stepped on the brake at low speed (between 10-30kmph). While riding below 20kmph, the SLIP light would turn on for seconds.

Brake fluid level and everything else were diagnosed and nothing seems wrong. I've heard this happened to some Zs and the fix was changing brake caliper or the tire size, anyone care to shed some lights? Much appreciated. :biggrin:

Thanks.

momentum

Known Member
Apr 4, 2010
Selangor
not too sure what is the problem but if you need an opinion. stop by at our office.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Momentum Autoparts Sdn. Bhd.
(Formally known as Speed & Safe Racing Sdn. Bhd.)
No 32A, Jalan PJS 11/14, Bandar Sunway
46150, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +603 5633 3922
Fax: +603 5633 8922

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
What caliper in your Z? I heard this happen to non brembo caliper's Z. The brake disturb the wheel movement and unbalanced spin rate of 4 tires, which subsequently trigger the slip sensor.

G-Venatic35

Oct 29, 2008
It's a stock caliper, and just found out inside the wheel hub appear to have a tiny crack (according to my sifu, waiting for the time to jack up and have a good look myself) which resulted faulty readings from the ABS speed sensor. :banghead: Not certain, but worth another round of test sometime this week or next.

Apparently it happened to some Z owners with Brembo brakes, heard from some other mechanics.

Thanks Momentum, perhaps i'll drop by someday for some advice..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Ferrari Challenge Race was held over the weekend; and two series were being contested - the Trofeo Pirelli and Coppa Shell categories respectively. This was the first time the series was held in Malaysia, and it would be the fourth and penultimate round of the competition before the World Finals would be held in Mugello in November.

Naza Italia participated in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience