ABS, SLIP, VDC, Handbrake light ON after changing audio

4everzed

Sep 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Gurus,

The ABS, SLIP, VDC and handbrake light is All ON after replacing my Bose player at some local accessories shop. Accessories shop owner claimed is not their problem. Worst still, there is a strong burning smell from the back wheel after the light on..... Anyone had the some problem?

Please advise

4everzed

Sep 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

Apparently my rear ABS Sensor \ Speed Sensor is faulty. Not sure how the accessories guys fried the sensor or coincidently went faulty on the same day...

I have problem getting the Sensor, please let me know if you have it....or where to get it

Many thanks =)

Chiba Kooji

Known Member
Jan 1, 2010
Johor Bahru
I having the same problem wif u
hav u check wif ur ECU?
plug in the computer will get the result is " miss fire troubleshoot"

few reason can cause tis kind of situation
1. ur HKS speedcut (I forgot tat thing's name) is broken
2. ur spark plug rosak
3. ur ignition system rosak ( careful tis very expensive)
4. ur engine head between wif plug hav something like oil seal been broken, so the engine oil mix leak in to spark plug there.

sry wif my broken english, hope u can understand

4everzed

Sep 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Bro Chiba Kooji,

Many thanks for advice and the information. I sent my car to 2 workshop and the first thing they did was to check, reset and refresh the ECU but all the LIGHTs was still ON.

To cut the story short, finally the mechanic suspect is the rear ABS Sensor and replace it. I took my Z yesterday and everything is ok now. The accessories owner absorb 1/3 of the cost.....and the rest on me.

Hope your car is also ok already bro.

Chiba Kooji

Known Member
Jan 1, 2010
Johor Bahru
Hi Bro Chiba Kooji,

Many thanks for advice and the information. I sent my car to 2 workshop and the first thing they did was to check, reset and refresh the ECU but all the LIGHTs was still ON.

To cut the story short, finally the mechanic suspect is the rear ABS Sensor and replace it. I took my Z yesterday and everything is ok now. The accessories owner absorb 1/3 of the cost.....and the rest on me.

Hope your car is also ok already bro.
good to hear ur car is ok~
tq~

4everzed

Sep 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
good to hear ur car is ok~
tq~
installing audio system i dun think it will affects the abs system, must be it went down at the same day....

and how much is the repair bro?
Hi Bro,

Haha, honestly no one know for sure even the mechanic.=)

The NEW rear sensor cost 1000++ per piece and apparently you have to change in pair. Price is one thing, you have to wait weeks or months for the new one!!!

Since I cant wait, I opt for the second hand. One pair cost RM 1200 with RM 300 installation...

The sensor is also not easy to find bro....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Hi Bro,

Haha, honestly no one know for sure even the mechanic.=)

The NEW rear sensor cost 1000++ per piece and apparently you have to change in pair. Price is one thing, you have to wait weeks or months for the new one!!!

Since I cant wait, I opt for the second hand. One pair cost RM 1200 with RM 300 installation...

The sensor is also not easy to find bro....
nissan parts are always that expensive.....but glad its ok now :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We will once again be blessed with Mini’s zipping around the dirt tracks of the World Rally Championship next year and their machine of choice has been unveiled at the Paris Motor Show.

The platform of choice is a Countryman S that has been given the full over treatment by the boys at Prodrive. As we mentioned earlier, the team will only be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience